Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2021, 22:13   #1

Vanakkam/Jai Jagganath from Chennai

Well this feels no less than a promotion at work. I have browsing through the forum for close to a decade and now finally have a membership.

I am 31 years old,currently based out of Chennai and a software engineer by profession. I have a 6 year old boy who was initially crazy about cars, trucks and trains just like me but has now moved on to Dinosaurs. My wife is a teacher so getting schooled is a part of life.

I grew up in Bhubaneswar and my native language is Odia, work got me here and ever since loving the place. I started driving when I was 17.
One day I figured out, the driver at home was taking my parents for a ride with inflated petrol Bills. I decided to take all of them for a ride and stuck a deal with that driver, that he will teach me how to drive and in exchange his secret is safe with me. That was a White ALTO LXI 2010 model, was faithful for a good 70000 kms, I take credit for about 40000 kms. My then

Driving gives me pleasure that I cannot put in words, it is my go to thing. I just like drive, drive and drive. My partner in crime is my wife who is equally adept driving and loves to be behind the wheels. We hope to travel around the country soon enough with our little one.
Love the feel of a chunky steering which weighs up nicely on the highways.

So the things that I looks for while buying a car first is space and seconds how comfortable are the front seats and ofcourse safety. I do not read much into power and Torque figures.

That reflects on the cars that I own/have owned:
Current Stead: Honda WRV BS6 Petrol,
Previous Stead : Maruti Wagon R 2015 (70000 kms again).

Looking forward to making some friends and learning more about automobiles.
Happy and Safe Motoring
das.sui is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 10:34   #2
BHPian

Re: Vanakkam/Jai Jagganath from Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by das.sui View Post
Well this feels no less than a promotion at work. I have browsing through the forum for close to a decade and now finally have a membership.

I am 31 years old,currently based out of Chennai and a software engineer by profession. I have a 6 year old boy who was initially crazy about cars, trucks and trains just like me but has now moved on to Dinosaurs. My wife is a teacher so getting schooled is a part of life.

I grew up in Bhubaneswar and my native language is Odia, work got me here and ever since loving the place. I started driving when I was 17.
One day I figured out, the driver at home was taking my parents for a ride with inflated petrol Bills. I decided to take all of them for a ride and stuck a deal with that driver, that he will teach me how to drive and in exchange his secret is safe with me. That was a White ALTO LXI 2010 model, was faithful for a good 70000 kms, I take credit for about 40000 kms. My then

Driving gives me pleasure that I cannot put in words, it is my go to thing. I just like drive, drive and drive. My partner in crime is my wife who is equally adept driving and loves to be behind the wheels. We hope to travel around the country soon enough with our little one.
Love the feel of a chunky steering which weighs up nicely on the highways.

So the things that I looks for while buying a car first is space and seconds how comfortable are the front seats and ofcourse safety. I do not read much into power and Torque figures.

That reflects on the cars that I own/have owned:
Current Stead: Honda WRV BS6 Petrol,
Previous Stead : Maruti Wagon R 2015 (70000 kms again).

Looking forward to making some friends and learning more about automobiles.
Happy and Safe Motoring
Hello there, welcome to Team-BHP!

You have clocked some good figures on your previous cars! I hope your current ride is getting the same treatment.

Also, I reckon that you aim to travel in the near future. Perhaps, you should check out the Travelogues forum, too.
UtkarshC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 11:25   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by das.sui View Post

Hi Jai, Vanakkam from Chennai. That's crisp and funny intro you got there.

Hope that you would grow your love for cars even more after being a part of the forum and our city future meets.

I guess Chennai folks here would agree with me on a long-due TBhp Chennai meet!!
Ajay_the_Don is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 11:38   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_the_Don View Post

I guess Chennai folks here would agree with me on a long-due TBhp Chennai meet!!
True. Keep me updated.
Umash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 23:54   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtkarshC View Post
Hello there, welcome to Team-BHP!

You have clocked some good figures on your previous cars! I hope your current ride is getting the same treatment.

Also, I reckon that you aim to travel in the near future. Perhaps, you should check out the Travelogues forum, too.
Thank you Utkarsh! Well the WRV is little over an year old and has clocked only 6k kms , thanks to the pandemic. I hope during the Christmas season I can travel around a bit.
I do love the travelogue section here and have often fallen back to the forum plan my travels. Thanks again
Old 21st October 2021, 00:00   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_the_Don View Post
Hi Jai, Vanakkam from Chennai. That's crisp and funny intro you got there.

Hope that you would grow your love for cars even more after being a part of the forum and our city future meets.

Thanks Ajay, Would love to part of Chennai meets if and when it happens
BTW my name is not Jai Jai Jagganath literally means 'Glory to the lord' something which native odiyas say quite often as a salutation.
das.sui is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks