Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2021, 20:20   #1
BHPian

My introduction

Hey Everyone,

As you can imagine, I am pleased as punch to read that my membership to the forum was approved

Now that's out of the way, one of the first things that came to mind was, "I must introduce myself (it's just rude not to, and I'm all for manners)" (my punctuation and grammar ain't the best. Grammar zealots, I beg your humble forgiveness)

Which brought me to the next set of questions, "How am I supposed to do this? Are there norms? Are there expectations? What if I make a complete fool of myself?"

After all this, I realized that the best way to introduce myself was probably the same approach I took to my membership application (My thinking goes, why should Mods have all the fun? ) and most importantly I was merely being honest and true to all of you.

So here goes nothing (pardon the long intro, i hope you haven't lost interest for what comes next)

I'm soon to be 41, pretty typical middle aged man in all aspects, except for one fairly important aspect, I never got hitched (that's probably better suited for another forum)

My childhood was in the Middle East, lots of fast cars, fast bikes, fast boats, pretty much fast everything (includes all the fried chicken you can eat)! All that more that any toddler could ever want to see and experience.

My weekends were a mix of visiting auto shows and being able to the see the Middle East rally champion Saeed Al Hajri in his famous Porsche Rally car.

One of my earliest motoring infatuations was the BMW 530i (1990). It is probably one of the most beautiful and elegant cars I have ever seen and sat in. I'm not that clued in on the technical stuff (mostly because I'm clueless) That care made such an impression on me, the navy blue color, the glow from the orange dials and the way those bad ass rear tires hugged the ground.

If you got to till here, then well, I thank you for spending time reading my nonsense

I will sign off now, happy living, safe motoring and may the gods bless you!

BeMyWings

Last edited by Aditya : 4th October 2021 at 10:51. Reason: Only 2 smilies per post please!
BeMyWings is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 11:42   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: My introduction

Hi,

Welcome to Team-BHP. Good to have you on board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeMyWings View Post
My childhood was in the Middle East, lots of fast cars, fast bikes, fast boats, pretty much fast everything (includes all the fried chicken you can eat)! All that more that any toddler could ever want to see and experience.

My weekends were a mix of visiting auto shows and being able to the see the Middle East rally champion Saeed Al Hajri in his famous Porsche Rally car.
The Middle East is great place to be if you are a fan of cars or other vehicles. Supercars, superbikes, powerboats - you name it and it's there.

Quote:
One of my earliest motoring infatuations was the BMW 530i (1990). It is probably one of the most beautiful and elegant cars I have ever seen and sat in. I'm not that clued in on the technical stuff (mostly because I'm clueless) That care made such an impression on me, the navy blue color, the glow from the orange dials and the way those bad ass rear tires hugged the ground.
The BMW 530i, whatever the generation, has been the enthusiasts' favourite. Great sleeper car.

Looking forward to some meaningful contributions from you.

See you on the forum.
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 11:53   #3
BHPian

Welcome to the forum, BMW(BeMyWings) .

That was a lovely introduction. Hope you have a great time interacting with fellow BHPians.
Cheers!
Emvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 16:48   #4
BHPian

Aditya & Emvi, Thank you for the warm welcome. Like many of those before me, I've been a long term visitor to the forum. I read and enjoyed many of the articles that were posted.

Emvi, nice catch on the nick
BeMyWings is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks