Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2021, 14:48   #1
BHPian

Hi there, from Ozzy land

Hello everyone and a big thank you to the Mods for finally letting me in.

I have been following Team-BHP ever since I started working. i.e. 2008. I tried being a member quite a few times and finally I made it this time.

I am from Mumbai - lived there for almost 25 years, with couple of years in Pune and Bangalore - before I decided to move to Sydney in 2019. I have been here ever since, and I work as a Systems Engineer with one of the major Banks here.

I love automobiles - bikes, cars, trucks, buses, trains - and everything in between. While I love riding motorbikes more than driving cars, when it comes to cars, hot or warm hatches are my kind of cars. Yes, I replaced my 2013 Honda City ivtec with Ford Figo Diesel Titanium edition after just one test drive as Figo diesel was just the kind of car I was looking for. Fast, frugal and cheap to maintain. It and my Yamaha R3 stayed with me until I left India for Australia.

I currently ride a 2014 model Yamaha FZ6R, and drive a 1.5 liter Honda Jazz with a stick. My FZ6R is here to stay for a long time as they don't make bikes like these anymore, however I do plan to replace the Jazz with the Ford Escape pretty soon.

I ride a lot, and top of my bucket list is to ride from here in Sydney to Philip Island, watch MotoGP live, and ride back home to Sydney. I plan to do it on my FZ6R and I really hope this pandemic ends real soon as lot of good things are on hold because of it.

Outside of cars and bikes I love travelling and I love food. I can travel for good food and every now and then I try to play MasterChef in my kitchen
Attached Thumbnails
Hi there, from Ozzy land-img20210327185253.jpg  

Hi there, from Ozzy land-img20210417131153.jpg  

Hi there, from Ozzy land-img20210403131902.jpg  

Hi there, from Ozzy land-img20210417131538.jpg  

Hi there, from Ozzy land-img20210414wa0024.jpg  

Last edited by Mr.Ogre : 8th September 2021 at 15:13. Reason: Adding little more about myself.
Mr.Ogre is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 18:37   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hi there, from Ozzy land

Welcome aboard Mr.Ogre!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Ogre View Post
hot or warm hatches are my kind of cars
Hahah... Haven't ever heard that term before. Nice one!

Quote:
My FZ6R is here to stay for a long time as they don't make bikes like these anymore
Keen to know why you feel this way, and your take on the direction in which modern bikes seem to be going... as I don't really follow the bike scene too closely.

Quote:
top of my bucket list is to ride from here in Sydney to Philip Island, watch MotoGP live, and ride back home to Sydney.
Sweet... I guess I have a similar fantasy about a WRC stage, though I'm nowhere near as close to realizing it as you are (pandemic willing).

Cheers,
R
Rehaan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 10:27   #3
BHPian

Re: Hi there, from Ozzy land

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Welcome aboard Mr.Ogre!

Hi Rehaan. Apologies for the delayed response. I heard the term warm hatchback on one of the episodes of Top Gear where they were comparing hot hatches. The term stayed with me until I got my Figo Diesel. It is a fun to drive small car, may not in the league of Fiesta ST, but fun in its own way.

Regards to motorbikes, I love old school. Machine with fewer electronics and driver/rider aids. Hence, I dont think I can part with my FZ6R in the near or distant future. Having said that, I think modern motorbikes are fun and they are trying to make it as safe as possible for the riders with traction control and whole suite of rider aides.

I learnt to ride on my Pulsar 150, moved up to Karizma and P220, and in the last 9 years or so I was fortunate to have owned Duke 200, R15, Ninja 300, 650 and a R3 during the last 2 years I was in India. A common thread amongst all of them was neither of them had ABS. I had to learn to control my machine and myself hard way. I went to riding schools there and here. My FZ6R too doesnt have any ABS.

I am sure most will frown upon what I just said, but these are my beliefs. However, when it comes to recommending a ride to anyone, I strongly recommend opting for the bikes with most rider aids.

The single most reason for not wanting to move away from my FZ, is the strict speed limits here in Australia. Maximum you can legally do is 110 km/hr. Hence with a bigger and powerful bike you wont be doing justice to it. The highways are super smooth and one can cruise at 110 all day long. Hence a 600 CC with 60-70 bhp is optimum tool for city and highway rides.

I am sorry, if all this is too much, but you asked

Once again thanks for welcoming me, and I look forward to meeting members from this forum.

Cheers,
CK
Mr.Ogre is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks