Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2021, 16:17   #1
BHPian

Finally here :-)

Hi Everybody,

At the outset, I must thank the mods for approving my membership. I cannot explain in words how elated I am to be on the forum finally.

Well, truth be told I am not a petrol head. Fast cars and bikes don’t fascinate me. I wouldn’t even rate myself as an above average driver. I started reading Team BHP ten years back because I became an auto analyst and have been reading stuff on the forum for almost a decade now. Better late than never.

There is so much on Team BHP and so many different things. However, I haven’t come across a serious thread about board games. I love to play board games and have around dozen games in my closet. I hope I can get some folks in the forum interested on the topic. I might also be able to comment on economics of the automotive industry, having studied it for a decade.

I must of course talk about my cars and my philosophy towards them. I have been very utilitarian with my purchases ie take me from point A to B, comfortably and safely (I know what you are thinking; complete nonsense; my priorities have been all wrong). I have made three purchases till date; all three have been Japanese. While the first one was a new City, both the purchases since then have been pre owned (Altis and City again). I retired the first one after ten years of companionship. The two that I have in garage now have also aged beautifully (10 years and 5 years respectively). Pre owned cars market has gone completely bonkers of course. Gone are the good old days when you could buy three to five year old car for one third the new car price. Now owners expect to be paid at least two third. Thats nevertheless for a different thread.

My quest to add another car to my garage is what finally brings me here. This time, I am also prepared to be less utilitarian. I don’t want my purchases define me.

Thanks once again to everyone out there.

Regards
Schwartz
schwartz is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 18:34   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Finally here :-)

Hi Schwartz,

Welcome to Team-BHP!

Given your experience in the industry, maybe you could enlighten the folks on the myriad of factors that are taken into consideration while finalizing the price of a new model.

Case in point - there's a big discussion over on the Kushaq thread (Skoda Kushaq Review) about its pricing.

On a side note - Who doesn't love board games!

Cheers!
TusharK
TusharK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2021, 11:53   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome Schwartz.

Always good to have an economics guy in the discussions as most of the "obvious" omissions/decisions seem to be around the economics part of things.

Looking forward to enlightening discussions but for now welcome aboard
Old 29th June 2021, 13:46   #4
BHPian

Thank you for the warm welcome TusharK and shancz. I'll do my best to be of some use. Look forward our interactions.
schwartz is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks