Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2021, 21:15   #1

Hello to everyone from Vizag

Hello everyone.

I am Uma Maheshwar, a Marine Engineer by profession and a shadow follower of this forum.

I am from Vizag, the city of destiny. A beautiful city with a long winding beach road (a lot of speed breakers there, and for good reason), Araku valley in the hills, a favourite weekend destination for many, including myself. Also, not to forget Lambasingi, a place famous for bone chilling winter in this otherwise hot and humid part of the nation.

My father owned, and owns vehicles in the following order:
TVS Puch
LML Vespa
Bajaj XCD 125
Suzuki GS150R (current steed)
Maruti Suzuki Celerio VXi

I recently purchased Benelli Imperiale 400, which was bought with my own finances and which I believe is one among the very few present in Vizag.

I look forward to meeting and learning a lot from everyone here.

Cheers!!!
umahesh612 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 28th February 2021, 22:26   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hello to everyone from Vizag

Welcome Uma Maheshwar. Nice to see a new member from Vizag a city I have nostalgic memories of having lived there as a child first in Naval Park and in the second tour on Beach Road in years when Beach Road used to be starkers empty. All the best to you.
V.Narayan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2021, 23:03   #3
BHPian

Hey there, I'm from Vizag too. Good to see your latest addition, the Imperial. Looking forward to meet you , your profession is a unique selection and a good one
Old 1st March 2021, 00:03   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by umahesh612 View Post
I am Uma Maheshwar, a Marine Engineer by profession and a shadow follower of the forum.

I recently purchased Benelli Imperiale 400, which was bought with my own finances and which I believe is one among the very few present in Vizag.
Hello Uma Maheshwar,

Out of the shadows and into the light, welcome to our forum!

You must be spending most of your time away from home due to your profession, a real negative for family life. However, most seafarers wouldn’t want to do anything else anyway

Please do put up an ownership review of the Imperiale 400 as and when time permits. It would be an interesting read as I don’t think we have anyone who owns one on the forum. Do read our forum rules before proceeding.

I wish for you a calm sea and a safe harbour always.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2021, 00:42   #5
VRJ
BHPian

Finally, a BHP’ian from Vizag! I was beginning to wonder if there are any BHP’ians in Vizag. Congratulations, welcome aboard

I used to read the forum everyday for many years, even before I became a member. I do recall a member from vizag writing about his Hexa and another one who wrote about his black Octavia. However, unfortunately I haven’t come across their posts after I became a member. So, you’re the first BHP’ian I know from Vizag. Hopefully, the community grows and we get to have Team-BHP meets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
Nice to see a new member from Vizag a city I have nostalgic memories of having lived there as a child first in Naval Park and in the second tour on Beach Road in years when Beach Road used to be starkers empty. All the best to you.
Wow! I never knew you lived in Vizag sir. Do you, by any chance, have pictures of Vizag from back in the day? I would love to see them My father shares your feeling. He moved to Vizag in 1982 and he tells how different Vizag was back in the day. A stark difference. He keeps raving about his bachelor days and how he used to pull stunts in the beach road with his Yamaha RX100. Fast forward to 2021, beach road is jam packed irrespective of the day. Although we have more than 40kms of beach road, out of which only the RK beach is busy, and the rest 30kms are pure bliss. All we do in Vizag, when we friends meet up, is just drive. I live close to the beach. We start off at my place and drive all the way to Bheemli and head back. I can’t stop appreciating Vizag. No city like Vizag. Although people from Mumbai would never agree, lol.

Cheers!
VRJ is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 14th March 2021, 08:34   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Hello Uma Maheshwar,

Out of the shadows and into the light, welcome to our forum!

You must be spending most of your time away from home due to your profession, a real negative for family life. However, most seafarers wouldn’t want to do anything else anyway

Please do put up an ownership review of the Imperiale 400 as and when time permits. It would be an interesting read as I don’t think we have anyone who owns one on the forum. Do read our forum rules before proceeding.

I wish for you a calm sea and a safe harbour always.

Cheers
Hi Cyborg. A good deal of time away from family is for olden days, when people used to sail for more than a year continuously. As of now, legally we can sail for a maximum period of 12 months, which has been violated due to COVID and travel restrictions. But these are extra-ordinary times, so cannot really blame the companies but only the governments across the world which has shut the doors on seafarers, who coincidentally are bringing all the vital supplies to their shores. But that is a rant for some other time and thread.

In normal times, Merchant Navy officers sails for a maximum period of 6months plus one month give or take for operational reasons of the ship, and spend around 4-6 months at home, depending on how much we can control the expenses.

So, I guess one way to look at this is that we get un-interrupted 4 to 6 months for family, and everyday is a Sunday, unlike other professions where weekend and sundays is perpetually a myth (sorry software ).

Coming to Benelli Review, I was wondering if someone from the forum is willing to assist me with that. Initial ride impressions should be coming up now, but I am looking for some help with full review, where views can be validated and a fair review can come up.
umahesh612 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2021, 14:26   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by umahesh612 View Post
Coming to Benelli Review, I was wondering if someone from the forum is willing to assist me with that. Initial ride impressions should be coming up now, but I am looking for some help with full review, where views can be validated and a fair review can come up.
Perhaps someone reading your post who owns a Benelli and is willing to help will come forward. If not, nothing to stress over, our Moderators always help out in the framing of reviews and for the actual bike specific points maybe you could reach out to other owners who have purchased the bike thru your dealership.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2021, 15:00   #8

Hi Cyborg, I do own a Benelli Imperiale 400. I was just wondering if some BHPian from Vizag would tag along for photoshoot and review of my bike.
Cheers!!!
umahesh612 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks