Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2021, 17:16   #1

Hello World!

Hello everybody, I'm fireblaster0072, as it goes by my cringe username. I've stuck with it for years, ever since I created my first Steam ID to play video games. I'm 21 years old, and I'm from Ooty, but I've been raised in Bangalore. I'm a student and a part-time freelancer. I love automobiles, gadgets, and tech.

I got to know about the forum when I was a kid through my uncle, and ever since that, I've been a silent reader for years and have referred to a lot of threads until recently. My friend got in and suggested me to get into the forum as well, and here I am.

After turning 21, I had the freedom to take a solo road trip or a trip with my buddies, but unfortunately, the whole situation got worse not only for me but also for many people due to COVID. I'm still hoping for a day where everything is ultimately back to normal. And I wouldn't have a fear of stepping out of my house.

My daily is a 2009 Laura TSi that belongs to my grandparents, and they were generous enough to bless me with the keys of their old ride. I've been driving it for around 3 years now, and everything about the car has grown on me. I have a whole list of memories with this car, and I wouldn't let go of it for anything.

Looking forward to interacting with everybody on the forum. Thanks a lot for reading my post. Apologies for the bad write-up. Hopefully, I should get better at it.

Stay safe, and have a good one.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 17th February 2021 at 08:50. Reason: Corrected typo as per Reported Post.
Fire0072 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 08:08   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hello World!

Welcome Fireblaster! Great to have you join our family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire0072 View Post
After turning 21, I had the freedom to take a solo road trip or a trip with my buddies, but unfortunately, the whole situation got worse not only for me but also for many people due to COVID. I'm still hoping for a day where everything is ultimately back to normal.
Would suggest you go ahead with that solo road-trip because this is the "new normal", and things won't go back to the old normal for a long time. A solo road-trip is safer than travelling with friends, and (at least to me), a deeply spiritual experience. You are your own company and incredibly in touch with your soul. Plus, your bond with that beautiful Laura 1.8 TSI will only grow stronger.

Go on, rent an Airbnb (safer than a public hotel) and rev that Laura some. Then, come back & share your travelogue with us .
GTO is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 09:20   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My daily is a 2009 Laura TSi that belongs to my grandparents, and they were generous enough to bless me with the keys of their old ride. I've been driving it for around 3 years now, and everything about the car has grown on me. I have a whole list of memories with this car, and I wouldn't let go of it for anything.
Welcome aboard fireblaster to this great forum. And boy, what a great car to have at such an young age. You're blessed and coming from grandparents sweetens it further. It's indeed a great car and one worth holding onto. The upside is since you got to enjoy lofty standards and benchmark of a car like Laura at an young age, you can aspire to move up further in the years to come. You already got a heartstart there and wishing you all the best and have a great stay here.

And as GTO rightly said, don't wait for the world to come back to the normal and learn/adapt to live with the new normal by taking all precautions and explore. Go ahead and spool up that lovely turbo in your TSI

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 17th February 2021 at 09:22.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 10:42   #4
BHPian

Don't worry about your cringe username.
My username is cringier.
Govardhansupra- doesn't it sound like that username which cringy 16 year-old Toyota Supra fan boys use?
Yes it does.
Also, I'm 16 years old, so everyone will tend to think that way

Welcome to Team-BHP, by the way.
Govardhansupra is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 10:37   #5

Thank you so much for the warm welcome, everybody. I'll surely take on a road trip and soon come up with a travelogue of my own here.

Cheers, and stay safe.
Fire0072 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 22:08   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Hello everybody, I'm fireblaster0072, as it goes by my cringe username. I've stuck with it for years, ever since I created my first Steam ID to play video games. I'm 21 years old, and I'm from Ooty, but I've been raised in Bangalore. I'm a student and a part-time freelancer. I love automobiles, gadgets, and tech.
Hi There! Welcome to Team BHP.

I'm from Coonoor. We should catch up when you're in town.
adwaith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2021, 00:51   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by adwaith View Post
Hi There! Welcome to Team BHP.

I'm from Coonoor. We should catch up when you're in town.
Thanks a lot, Adwaith.

Happy to know that you're from Coonoor. I'm from Aravankadu. Sure, let's catch up when I'm in town.
Fire0072 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2021, 20:23   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello everybody, I'm fireblaster0072, as it goes by my cringe username.
Better than that finger blaster, eh?

100% true story; a friend of mine used the handle StoneColdHumanKilla on Call of Duty many moons ago. We still give him grief about it till date.

Quote:
After turning 21, I had the freedom to take a solo road trip or a trip with my buddies, but unfortunately, the whole situation got worse not only for me but also for many people due to COVID. I'm still hoping for a day where everything is ultimately back to normal. And I wouldn't have a fear of stepping out of my house.
Get out and drive. Ain't no better time to tour than now, and that's coming from someone that's made 2-3 driving holidays in this last year. Everyone is trying to stay safe, resorts are emptier, prices are reasonable, and most destinations are reasonably deserted. Get out, and stay safe.

Have fun on Team BHP!
iliketurtles is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th February 2021, 22:18   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Who are these grandparents who not only buy a TSI but also hand it down to their grandson?

Welcome to the forum, btw!
androdev is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 20th February 2021, 10:47   #10
BHPian

Beautiful avatar man! One of the best pictures of the Laura I've ever seen!

Welcome to teamBHP!
Pls post more pics of your car. Looks like you have a nack for good pictures.
Have a blast, fireblaster.
viXit is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2021, 22:46   #11

Thanks a lot for the welcome, people. I've convinced myself to go on a road trip soon, and yes, it's indeed the best time of the year to go out, considering there isn't going to be many people around for some time. Just making sure the TSi is all prepped up before I take her out. And yes, I'll most certainly post more pics soon.
Fire0072 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 19:58   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot, Adwaith.

Happy to know that you're from Coonoor. I'm from Aravankadu. Sure, let's catch up when I'm in town.
Looking forward to it!
adwaith is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks