Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2020, 09:28   #1
BHPian

Hello Team-BHP, Hello Team-BHPians!

From a huge fan and follower to now a member, Hello Team-BHP and Hello Team-BHPians!

I am Darshan and very happy to be part of this fantastic community. I am an adtech professional from Pune and currently work and live in Singapore. I enjoy long distance drives and have done number of trips between my karma bhoomi Pune and my janma bhoomi/hometown Jamnagar in Gujarat (precisely, 998kms door-to-door). I am also passionate about aviation, travel, and cooking!

Growing up, I was driven around in, learned driving (and had sneakily driven) my father’s varied official Govt. of Gujarat vehicles over the years - Mahindra Jeep 4x4, Maruti Suzuki Gypsy, Tata Sumo, Mahindra Bolero, HM Ambassador, RE Bullet, and a classic Rajdoot 350!

It was also mandatory for visiting family, friends, and relatives to hand over the keys of their two/four wheeler parked outside before entering our home so I can go for a quick spin. My favorite of those rides was the Yamaha RX100 and the 1st gen Maruti Suzuki Zen!

Vehicles in my family garage over the years include TVS Super XL Moped (GJ, 1990s), Kinetic Luna Moped (GJ, 1994-2000), Bajaj Sunny (GJ, 1998-2000), Hero Honda Splendor (KA02, 2001-2006), Kinetic Honda (GJ04, 2002-2015), TVS Scooty Pep+ (MH12, 2006-2017), Maruti Suzuki WagonR LXi (MH12, 2006-2012), Honda Activa (GJ10, 2013-still going strong), Pre-worshipped 2009 Honda Jazz (GJ18, 2013-still going strong), Maruti Suzuki Swift ZXi (MH12, 2013-2019).

Presently, I am being driven around in Singapore’s excellent public transit dominated by MRTs/trains (suppliers: Bombardier, Kawasaki, Alstom, Siemens), Buses (suppliers: Scania, Volvo, MAN, Mercedes-Benz, Yutong), and Taxis (variety of vehicles but most common and visible of them is Hyundai i40)!

It is for the love of cars that would see us moving back to Pune in 2021, no kidding! Look forward to interacting with you all and wish you all a happy, healthy and prosperous 2021!

Special thanks to moderators for approving my membership.

Cheers!
Darshan
techdarshan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th December 2020, 08:29   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hello Team-BHP, Hello Team-BHPians!

Welcome to your automotive home, Darshan! Good to have you onboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by techdarshan View Post
Mahindra Jeep 4x4, Maruti Suzuki Gypsy, Tata Sumo, Mahindra Bolero, HM Ambassador, RE Bullet, and a classic Rajdoot 350!
Each & every vehicle with character! Nice upbringing you had, huh?

Quote:
It is for the love of cars that would see us moving back to Pune in 2021, no kidding!
Love hearing about our brethren moving back to India . Yes, I'm very patriotic.

See you at a Sunny's Dhaba meet once this idiotic pandemic is over.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2020, 11:13   #3
BHPian

Re: Hello Team-BHP, Hello Team-BHPians!

Thank you for the warm welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Welcome to your automotive home, Darshan! Good to have you onboard.
Indeed, blessed to have inherited the automotive love from my father

Quote:
Each & every vehicle with character! Nice upbringing you had, huh?

Looking forward and hoping for the best! Thanks again.

Quote:
Love hearing about our brethren moving back to India . Yes, I'm very patriotic.

See you at a Sunny's Dhaba meet once this idiotic pandemic is over.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks