Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2020, 14:04   #1
BHPian

Hello Team-BHP!

Hello dear members,
Finally a part of this group!! Proud moment for me who belonged to the comment reading folk all this time

Been quite a stalker on this forum for a decade and finally had the courage and confidence to try and apply once again after my first attempt several years ago!

Our garage is home to a VW Tiguan 2018, Honda city 2008, a Chevy Uva 2009 and Hyundai i10 sports AT 2013.

Mods: I have read the rules of the group, but being a newbie kindly excuse any errors I may make. Will ensure it is not repeated!
SN88 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2020, 08:04   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hello Team-BHP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SN88 View Post
Hello dear members,
Finally a part of this group!! Proud moment for me who belonged to the comment reading folk all this time
Welcome to Team-BHP SN88, glad to have you on board.

Quote:
Been quite a stalker on this forum for a decade and finally had the courage and confidence to try and apply once again after my first attempt several years ago!
Good that you tried again and didn't give up, especially after a decade.

Quote:

Our garage is home to a VW Tiguan 2018, Honda city 2008, a Chevy Uva 2009 and Hyundai i10 sports AT 2013.
Nice set of wheels there. Quite rare to see a Chevy U-VA these days. Do share some pictures of the car and your experience of owning it. How's the Tiguan serving you? Do start an ownership review thread for the same.

Once again, welcome to Team-BHP. Do take a look at the rules before you begin.
blackwasp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2020, 16:09   #3
BHPian

Thank you Blackwasp for the warm welcome and i am glad as well that i tried again

Yes the chevy uva is very rare and that is one of the reasons back in 2009 why i decided to buy as against the waves of swifts as i just do not like common cars. Though it might be a stupid mentality like my wife tells me always lol

The UVA surprisingly chevy is my favourite out of all probably being my first personally driven car.
The car has also been modified back in 2010 as i was complaining of the pick up. Free flow exhaust, throttle body enlargement, iridium spark plugs, upgraded tyres to 195/60/14 and CAI got the car to my liking.
It has served me tremendously well and continues to do so without a single breakdown, no surprises with issues whatsoever and has the best suspension set up even when compared to newer cars. Glides over potholes like a dream, something the newer Tiguan does not!! Very very happy with the car and will drive probably until it coughs and dies !!

All our cars are maintained periodically by my dad who most probably has a timer set as he thinks if the kms for service is due it needs to be done immediate and even a few 20-30 kms will damage the engine

Last edited by SN88 : 28th December 2020 at 16:12.
Old 28th December 2020, 16:24   #4
BHPian

The Tiguan was a family decision , something i was truly against. I really wanted the Ford Endeavour but didnt get a second vote in front of mom, dad and wife :(
To put it lightly it is a boring car, and i call it the most insignificant car you will see on the road, nothing special in looks or feel or drive. Even the interiors are dull. The entire package can never seem worth a 30l + OTR.
Though the drive is smooth, power is decent etc but oh so boring!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks