Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2020, 22:46   #1
BHPian

Hello everyone!

Hello Everyone,

I am happy to be a part of team BHP, finally. I say finally because this is my second attempt at the membership, honestly I don't remember when was my first attempt,it was long long ago.

I am a mechanical engineer turned agriculturist, hailing from a small,remote (not so long ago) but a beautiful village in Karnataka, bordering Coorg. After serving in various capacities in manufacturing industries, I returned to my roots to pursue my passion, Agriculture.Most certainly I am the first and the only person in my region to have joined Team Bhp !

I grew up watching my dad(who himself is an auto buff) read auto magazines like Indian Auto Journal, Car and Bike and a couple of others which I don't remember precisely. Influenced by him,in my teens and twenties, I used to read magazines such as Autocar India, Overdrive, BSM motoring ,Zigwheels prominently. I remember,during my childhood,saving every single penny of my pocket money and little monetary gifts from my elders in order to fulfill my dream of buying "HONDAIKE" ., this is how I pronounced Honda Bike ! Don't ask me which model. I never managed to fulfill this dream though. I did buy a Honda machine decades later, a Honda Dio.

Now coming to the set of wheels that I have owned.

My set of two wheels
1.Suzuki Shaolin (2000-2002)
My first bike. 5 speed gearbox was a big thing back then.
2. Pulsar 180 - First Generation (2002-2008)
Awesome bike. I had nicknamed it "The Big Red Machine"
3.Pulsar 200 (Jan-Sep 2008)
The bike I sold within 9 months after purchasing it. Need I say anything more.
4.Yamaha Fz-16 First Generation(2008-2018)
Great City bike, never liked taking it out on the highways.
5. Honda Dio - Second Generation (2015-2017)
Used very sparingly and sold without even a scratch on it.

I have taken voluntary retirement from biking as of now.

My dad owned few interesting 2-wheelers.
Enfield Bullet 350, Yamaha RD-350 and TVS Suzuki Supra.

Now coming to 4 wheelers. I would like to use WE instead of I, because myself and my dad both use these vehicles.

1. Mahindra Jeep 1968 model.
Yes it is a JEEP, it is embossed on the front grill.We are the FIRST and only owners of this vehicle. My grandpa bought this straight from the display area from a showroom in Bangalore for 22 grand back then ! She turns 52 this week.
Yes, we still use this vehicle. It is pristine condition.

2. Maruti Alto K10
We use it mainly for the shorter drives and for the narrower/bad roads that we have in our area.

3.Kia Seltos Diesel
For the highway drives and family outings.

Vehicles previously owned -
Mahindra MM540, Mahindra CJ340, Fiat Palio 1.6, Maruti Alto, Maruti Swift Dzire diesel.

Excuse me for the longish first post. Iam pretty sure, this is going to be an exciting phase reading and posting at Team BHP.

Thank you.
Emvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th December 2020, 02:28   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Hello everyone!

Welcome Emvi.
Wish you a pleasant stay here. Looking forward to your contribution to the vintage car threads and also some threads about urban farming. My parents are trying to put their lands around Bangalore to good use, any good advice on TBHP will be useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emvi View Post
Most certainly I am the first and the only person in my region to have joined Team Bhp !
You can never be too sure. There may be friendly BHPian neighbors who might list their location of the nearest major city - Coorg.

Get yourself some stickers, and you'll easily know who is in your area as they'd post photos of your cars.
Quote:
1. Mahindra Jeep 1968 model.
Yes it is a JEEP, it is embossed on the front grill.We are the FIRST and only owners of this vehicle. My grandpa bought this straight from the display area from a showroom in Bangalore for 22 grand back then ! She turns 52 this week.
Yes, we still use this vehicle. It is pristine condition.
Would love to see photos and a thread later, if possible.

Thanks and enjoy your stay here.

Last edited by moralfibre : 17th December 2020 at 07:40. Reason: Only two smileys per post please.
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2020, 07:39   #3
BHPian

re: Hello everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Would love to see photos and a thread later, if possible.

Definitely, I will, in the near future.

Thanks and enjoy your stay here.
Looking forward to it. Thank you again.

Last edited by moralfibre : 17th December 2020 at 07:40. Reason: Trimming quoted post.
Emvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks