Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2020, 14:29   #1

1st post, 5 months after admission

Hello everyone!

My name is Francis. I was admitted to the forum in July 2020. Thank you moderators for reviewing my application and admitting me to the forum.

This is my first post. I am a lawyer by profession, and a driver and vehicle enthusiast at heart. Same goes for my life partner, though my wife teaches law, than practising it in courts. We live in Thrissur, Kerala.

Team-BHP is our first place of search whenever we wanted to learn about new vehicles, routes and travel experiences since the past six years. Information shared in the forum was always helpful. It was in my second attempt, separated by three years, that I was admitted in.

This week, we are planning a road trip to Bangalore since my wife has some work at her university where physical presence is required. We will be driving a route less taken by regular commuters between Bangalore and Thrissur, exploring the countryside, skirting or driving through forest reserves. We hope to upload pictures, provide route narratives and share our experience once the drive is over.

We look forward to being part of this engaging, wonderful community and sharing of experiences.
advbijofrancis is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 1st December 2020, 19:16   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: 1st post, 5 months after admission

Hi Francis,

Welcome to Team-BHP. Good to have you on board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by advbijofrancis View Post
This is my first post. I am a lawyer by profession, and a driver and vehicle enthusiast at heart. Same goes for my life partner, though my wife teaches law, than practising it in courts. We live in Thrissur, Kerala.
Kerala is full of auto enthusiasts and some really classy garages. You'll find many BHPians from the state here.

Quote:
Team-BHP is our first place of search whenever we wanted to learn about new vehicles, routes and travel experiences since the past six years. Information shared in the forum was always helpful.
Good to know that the forum has been of use to you.

Quote:
This week, we are planning a road trip to Bangalore since my wife has some work at her university where physical presence is required. We will be driving a route less taken by regular commuters between Bangalore and Thrissur, exploring the countryside, skirting or driving through forest reserves. We hope to upload pictures, provide route narratives and share our experience once the drive is over.
We look forward to a comprehensive travelogue with lots of images.

Please take some time to go through the posting rules of Team-BHP.

See you on the forum.
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2020, 23:33   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: 1st post, 5 months after admission

Quote:
Originally Posted by advbijofrancis View Post
We will be driving a route less taken by regular commuters between Bangalore and Thrissur, exploring the countryside, skirting or driving through forest reserves.
Hello Francis,

Welcome to Team BHP. May you've a great time here.

I'm sure you would've done some homework on the less travelled route. Few suggestions.

1. Thrissur - Nilambur - Bandipur - Gundlupet - Chamrajnagar - Malavalli - Kanakapura - Bangalore.
2. Thrissur - Nilambur - Muthanga - Gundlupet - Chamrajnagar - Malavalli - Kanakapura - Bangalore.
3. Thrissur - Palakkad - Annur - Sathyamangalam- Dhimbham - Kollegal - Kanakapura - Bangalore.
4. Thrissur - Kozhikode - Thamarassery - Sulthan Bathery - Muthanga - Gundlupet - Chamrajnagar - Malavalli - Kanakapura - Bangalore.

Whichever side you enter Karnataka, take the Malavalli- Kanakapura route to Bangalore than heading to Mysore and then hitting the mundane Mysore - Bangalore highway. But if you're hitting this stretch pretty late, then avoid this route and take the Mysore highway which is safer. My post on another thread about this route may be of help to you

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post4907816 (Route query to Wayanad)

Enjoy your drive and keep us posted.

Cheers,
bibendum

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 1st December 2020 at 23:45.
Old 3rd December 2020, 16:04   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
Welcome to Team BHP. May you've a great time here.
Thank you bibendum for the route suggestions. Our trip is postponed for a week due to some last minute schedule changes. Your 1st and 2nd route suggestions more or less reflect routes that we are considering. We shall update after the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Hi Francis,

Welcome to Team-BHP. Good to have you on board.
Thank you Aditya for the support and encouragement.

Quote:
We look forward to a comprehensive travelogue with lots of images.
Most certainly! We will share it once the trip is over.

Quote:
Please take some time to go through the posting rules of Team-BHP.

See you on the forum.