Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2020, 14:17   #1
BHPian

My first post after being an avid reader of the forum for almost 15 years

Hello There,

To begin with, I am an avid reader of Team-BHP since 2005/06. I started reading the forum when we bought a Swift Petrol in 2005 if I remember correctly. Back then the internet was not a crazy place as it is now. Neither there were so many pointless auto blogs nor there were tons of YouTube videos saying one is bad and other is great.
I am talking about a dial-up internet era at least in my place back then.

I became a regular visitor and I used to read every single page on the forum back then. Needless to say, I was a car-crazy individual ever since I can remember things. I do recollect that when I was so young like 2 or 3 years till I grow up, my dream was to buy a Merc with a wash wiper on the headlamps

There was a time, I used to show the contents to my mother, who later pretty much became a car enthusiast.

Life goes on very fast and I relocated from India to abroad for over 10 years and had the opportunity to own and also to use a handful of interesting cars as per my liking. But I must stress enough that, in my whole life I believe the most visited website shall be Team-BHP! Even when I was abroad I used to read Team-BHP in a regular manner. Probably I skipped that only when I was exceptionally busy with work.

Then comes the question, why I never wanted to be a member and post something. In fact, my membership have approved multiple times back in the years but I never felt like I had something to add. Because, whatever I have to know or share were already there in the forum. Then some of the emails I lost access to and even this membership got approved in Sep 2019. So finally my first post.

Apart from the car enthusiast community, what I really like about Team-BHP.
1. The quality of unbiased contents.
2. Quality of the language used in the forum
3. A great platform to increase your technical knowledge.

Those who are interested to know, I am an Project Manager by profession and I work in Oil & Gas field.

I have owned or used the following cars for a longer period.
- Maruti Suzuki Swift P- 2005
- Daihatsu Mira 660 CC Turbo Petrol (2001 model I believe)
- 2011 VW Golf 1.4 TSI with DSG, I had this for 5 years
- Passat 2.0 TFSI with 6-speed auto 2007 model (company car)
- Toyota Hilux 4x4 2007 model
- Suzuki Vitara 2001 4x4, I had this for an year till it met an accident in 2015. What an awesome car it was.
- Tata Tiago P 2017 model- my current ride. I am really happy with this car.
- Vespa SXL 150 2018 Model, Bought is just because I love it.
- Booked a Polo GT TSI in Feb 2020 knowingly it would be a 1.0 TSI with TC. And I do not see any drawback there.

My friend abroad used to have a 1.2 POLO TSI CBU Spain with DSG gearbox. And I am on a belief that DSG used on Polo and Vento in India were not an engineering marvel but an above average gearbox with a good amount of reliability issues. Not everyone will be lucky and not everyone want to spend a lot of money and precious time to fix the gearbox if some mishap occurs. I feel reliability is more important than short term fun unless you change the cars frequently or if you have a second car at home.
Many may disagree though and I completely get that.

Apart from these, my family owned an Ambassador NOVA from 1996 as far as I remember but I never had a chance to drive that ever.

So that says pretty much about me. Hope to stay in the forum actively and connect with you all.

Cheers!
igemini is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 14:30   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: My first post after being an avid reader of the forum for almost 15 years

Introduction Approved!

Welcome to Team-BHP . Glad to have you on the forum.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks