Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2020, 22:38   #1
BHPian

Finally arrived! Hello Team-BHP Community

Dear Team BHP Community

A very warm welcome to you all. Just wanted to send a thanks and hola note to the commnity on my sucessfull entry to Team BHP.

About Myself

In brief I would call myself just another co-habitant on this lovely planet with a live and let live attitude. If I am not at Big Data and Cloud Technology challenges during my day job as Software Architect in an MNC, I spend my spare time on tending to the beautiful mini forest in my backyard garden with its multitude of Trees, Shrubs, Crotons and Flowering plants. The wonderful music belted out by the steady stream of little visitors like sparrows(including the super rare old world sparrow), parrots, koels, crows and squirrels are a soothing balm after a hard days work...a rarity in the increasing trend of concrete urban landscape of our metros.

If I am not immersed in work or unwinding with Nature, I can surely be tracked at the wheels of my steads - a Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 and a Honda City iVTEC that completes my love interest!(Without any offence to my wonderful wife and 2 beautiful kids )

My Tryst with Team BHP

Team BHP was the first site that got me totally hooked ever since I got behind my first set of Wheels. It all started with my first Car purchase in 2008 when I was all at sea trying to finalize my purchase amidst the sea of options and the Jargon's thrown around by Manufacturers. All other Automotive websites were either biased towards specific manufactures or completely played it safe by focussing only on the positives whilst softening up on the negatives of the vehicles. I found Team BHP to be the most reliable website that focussed on actual user experience with an unbiased and fiercely independent viewpoint.

Long Story short, each and every automative journey of mine can be defined as a culmination of hours spent reading up contents on Team BHP before finalizing the option...be it choice of stead, places to visit, routes to take, places to relax etc...In short the Nirvana website for anything related to Automative Travel and the Journey.

Why Team BHP

I have been keenly tracking Team BHP from 2008 and can proudly call myself an unofficial Team BHPian given that I visit the site almost a dozen times a day. I would probably remember more about members like GTO, Thad E, Parag, Mayank etc. than some of my own family members I especially enjoy reading up all the Reviews, Ownership experience threads, Well detailed travelogues, Team BHP way of Live to Drive, Defensive driving and even some interesting alt pages like Spooky experiences!

The energy of the participants, the effort spent by the moderators to maintain decorum on the site and the overall quality of contents on Team BHP is what distinguishes the site from others. I do hope I am able to add on to this legacy and be a part of this wonderful community.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 8th September 2020 at 03:07. Reason: Minor typos. Thanks.
venbas is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th September 2020, 17:01   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Finally arrived! Hello Team-BHP Community

Welcome aboard Venbas! I appreciate your carefully using our new "headings" feature .

Quote:
Originally Posted by venbas View Post
I can surely be tracked at the wheels of my steads - a Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 and a Honda City iVTEC that completes my love interest!(Without any offence to my wonderful wife and 2 beautiful kids )
Sweet garage! Both special vehicles, in their own way.

Quote:
I would probably remember more about members like GTO, Thad E, Parag, Mayank etc. than some of my own family members
Aw, thank you .

Request: Please do proof-read your posts before submitting them. There are some typos & spelling mistakes in your intro. Thank you!
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2020, 23:23   #3
BHPian

Thanks GTO Thanks to the ubiquitous auto-correct option some of the words get twisted out even after typing it right in the first place. Will do a proof reading next time before hitting the submit button
venbas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2020, 03:10   #4
Team-BHP Support

Lovely introduction venbas and welcome to the forum. Hope you have a wonderful stay and would like to see pictures of your garden and the two steeds.
BlackPearl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 07:40   #5
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the family venbas. That's a very nice intro. Would love to know more about your backyard forest - like how did you manage to have one in a city like Chennai. Also, lots of photos of the flora and fauna - living and non-living, both
Old 9th September 2020, 18:26   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Welcome to the family venbas. That's a very nice intro. Would love to know more about your backyard forest - like how did you manage to have one in a city like Chennai. Also, lots of photos of the flora and fauna - living and non-living, both
I live in the suburbs between Tambaram and Medavakkam (If we can call it suburb still ). Its not a big plot just about 1 Ground. When building the new house I made sure there are sufficient space around the plot even at the expense of lower living area. There were 4 Mango trees in the property and I made sure that none of them were destroyed during the construction. The shape of Construction might not be very symmetric or follow vaastu rules, But net net there are lots of little visitors who compensate for that with their enthusiasm. Added 3 Coconut trees, 4-5 Banana plantains, 2 Papaya trees alongwith an Pomegranate, Guava, Custard Apple and Amla tree most of which are now shaping up well. Any left over space inside the shade was taken over by reed palms, crotons etc. The balconies are dotted with Jasmine and flowering plants inside and out . Only the terrace remains, but I have left it alone for now since I use it for RWH into a little well(that I did not close when I bought the property). Will definitely share some photos collection of the little VIPs to the mini forest.

Last edited by venbas : 9th September 2020 at 18:44.
venbas is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks