Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2020, 22:50   #1
BHPian

Finally a BHPian!

Hello All,

First a big thanks to moderators for approving my membership. I had been trying to get it for a really long time.
Myself Aakash, I’m 31 and I run a hospital in the company of my mother who is a doctor. I was a car lover since a very young age. At that time, I never used to miss a chance to go with dad for the service of our cars. And if I would like to buy anything from market, it was surely gonna be a car magazine. I still have a few of them with me.

Cars Owned-

1- Premier Padmini (1987-95)-
This car was brought by my father prior to one year of my birth, it was the economy edition. I still have a few memories of it from the days when I thought moon was following our car everywhere.

2- Premier 118NE (1995-2003)-
In 95, we upgraded to a maroon NE and I have plenty of memories of it. It was such a tough built car that my father survived from a huge accident of it in 1997.

3- HM Ambassador Estate (1996-98)-
My father bought it as pre worshipped and it was one hugely spacious car. It could easily sit 8-10 people. And so rare it was that I have never seen any other on road till now.

4- Maruti Omni (1999-2003)
It was brought in as a replacement to Amby which had become a bit unreliable. And Omni could do a similar job of carrying 8 people together.

5- Maruti Alto (2003-11)-
My father expired in 99 and we had no other driver in family. So we needed a simple and reliable car which was to be driven by one of our hospital staff boy. Thus, in 2003, we sold both NE & Omni and got a new Alto Celebration. It was our first car with an AC. It was also the car on which I learned driving.

6- Skoda Fabia (2011-Present)
I had taken the charge of driving duties in 2007 and we needed a more premium and safer car (given my aggression in those days). I was quite sure that I wanted a VAG car. So after test driving both Polo & Fabia, went with the later as my mother found it to be more spacious than Polo. It had standard airbags as well, something which Polo didn’t had at that time. And instantly I fell in love with it’s build quality as well as the mid range punch of turbo diesel. I still feel that Fabia is one of the most underrated cars in our market.

7- Hyundai Venue (2019-Present)-
We needed a new car for highway runs as the eight years old Fab is not that reliable anymore. After a confusion of almost one year and test driving plenty of cars, I booked two cars last year- Venue SX(O) & XUV300 W8, both in petrol. I was inclined towards XUV, but their dealership experience was just pathetic. Even after waiting for two months, my car didn’t arrive and I went ahead with Venue. And I don’t regret my decision at all. Venue’s brilliant turbo petrol has been quite fun. I will be looking to write a ownership review of it.
Going forward, I’m looking to change the Fab with a pre worshipped Rapid or Vento diesel in next one year.
Attached Thumbnails
Finally a BHPian!-2e91a117bab440faaff4d78c4dbd9d82.jpeg  

Finally a BHPian!-d2168a484e764da0a910c320636ec2dc.jpeg  

Finally a BHPian!-554cb130b8ed4595ab2d036d5ea286b5.jpeg  

Aakash118 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th July 2020, 15:29   #2
BHPian

re: Finally a BHPian!

Welcome aboard, Doc!

It’s exciting being a new member.
I still remember checking my mail daily for news from teambhp

Excited to learn from your experience with all the cars.

Have a nice time.
viXit is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2020, 22:07   #3
BHPian

re: Finally a BHPian!

Quote:
Originally Posted by viXit View Post
Welcome aboard, Doc!

It’s exciting being a new member.
I still remember checking my mail daily for news from teambhp

Excited to learn from your experience with all the cars.

Have a nice time.
Thanks. Yes I have been super excited and checking t-bhp again and again. And yes I will be looking forward to share whatever little I know.
Aakash118 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks