Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2020, 13:04   #1
BHPian

6 year "passive" user to "active" user

Hello all,

I have been following the forum for the past 6 years without creating an account. Finally made an account.

I had a Honda City for the past 5 years. Before that drove my father's Tata Safari for a year and before that I drove Kia Spectra for a year. When I was buying the City, I was considering VW Vento, but decided against it as the dealership was far away, but finally this year decided to take a plunge and get a VW Jetta 1.4 TSI.

Going from a first (1st in diesel) Gen Diesel City to a petrol VW has been a revelation. The only way I can tell the car has turned on upon turning the ignition is by looking at the RPM meter. Obviously, I am acutely aware of the VW (un)reliability. So, may be the forum members can help me with some DIY when something goes wrong since VW workshop is still very far away. Moreover, parts of Jetta are very expensive, so may be the forum members can help me with places to procure aftermarket/used parts.

Hope that I can be of help to you guys and can use this forum to get help from you.
codwapeace is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th July 2020, 19:45   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: 6 year "passive" user to "active" user

Hi,

Welcome to Team-BHP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by codwapeace View Post
I have been following the forum for the past 6 years without creating an account. Finally made an account.
Good to have you on board.

Quote:
but finally this year decided to take a plunge and get a VW Jetta 1.4 TSI.

Going from a first (1st in diesel) Gen Diesel City to a petrol VW has been a revelation. The only way I can tell the car has turned on upon turning the ignition is by looking at the RPM meter.
The Jetta is a favourite car of many BHPians, though the diesel would be the pick of the lot. We would love to read an ownership review of the car.

Quote:
Obviously, I am acutely aware of the VW (un)reliability. So, may be the forum members can help me with some DIY when something goes wrong since VW workshop is still very far away. Moreover, parts of Jetta are very expensive, so may be the forum members can help me with places to procure aftermarket/used parts.
You will surely get all the help you ask for on Team-BHP. It's very rare that a query goes unanswered here.

Please take some time to go through Team-BHP's posting rules.

See you on the forum.
Aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks