Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2020, 12:52   #1
BHPian

An introduction by an introvert

Hello,

Finally, one of my dreams of being a member of Team-BHP has come true. I have been following, drooling, aspiring the write-ups/reviews on Team-BHP for over 10 years now. And I always wanted to add something to the mix, and now I can.

First things first. My name is Narender Reddy Nallamilli & usually I go by my nick name Neo (From The Matrix, JK). I was born & raised in Hyderabad, which is where I currently live. I have a Masters Degree in Computer Science from Northwestern Polytechnic University in California, USA. I have come back for good, because I missed my Home.

Coming to why I am here?
I love cars. Learned to drive 19 years ago on my dad's nimble 1996 Maruti 800. Every time I have a chance to drive, I take it. Be it a friend's car or a relative's. That's how I got to drive so many cars (Check the picture below). I also have OCD, thus I maintain lists. My last car was a 2017 Nissan Versa (read Nissan Sunny) in USA, itching to buy a new car here. There isn't a car review that I have not read on this forum. Even all the short & long term reviews. Made up my mind to go with Skoda Rapid Rider after considering every car there is within my budget & taking a test drive of most of those cars. I would like to thank each and every member of this group and the moderators who maintain this group spick & span.

An introduction by an introvert-cars-i-have-driven.jpeg

My other interests include:
1. Gamer (Semi & Sim Racing Games & Age of Empires Multiplayer anyone?)
2. Bike Riding (Have done my longest stint from Hyd - Coorg & back on my 2019 Yamaha FZ25)
3. Photography (Especially Portraits)
4. Cloud Computing (I am an AWS Certified Solutions Architecht)
5. F1 (I have always been a fan but started following & watching full length races from last 3-4 years, now I watch Qualifying & even practice sessions)

That's it people, I hope to post an ownership experience/review soon after I buy my first car in India.

Thank you,
Neo
neo_narender is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 11th July 2020, 14:19   #2
BHPian

re: An introduction by an introvert

Hi neo_narendar,

Welcome to the forum, even I have joined recently after drooling over it for a couple of years, it's wonderful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_narender View Post
Every time I have a chance to drive, I take it. Be it a friend's car or a relative's. That's how I got to drive so many cars (Check the picture below). I also have OCD, thus I maintain lists.
Have seen many kinds of OCDs but I have come across this as a first. A bit strange but exciting at the same time. Thinking of maintaining such a list of my own

About Skoda Rapid Rider, there's an ongoing discussion about it, seems like no more bookings for rider variant, there's some rider+ variant coming up.

Looking ahead for your post about car purchase.

Happy motoring !
petrolHead_1609 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2020, 14:38   #3
BHPian

re: An introduction by an introvert

Thank you petrolHead_1609

I have been maintaining this list for many years now, so it has become a very natural thing for me. Actually it also has another column, which specifies whose car or whether it's a test drive/rental. Had to remove it for obvious reasons. Other than a car enthusiast, no one would even care for such a list or even checkout which cars are mentioned, so thought of this to be a right place to finally share it.

Coming to the Rapid Rider, Yes! I have been following that thread religiously from the get go. Mahavir Skoda in my city says, it's just a waiting period till September & there's not going to be any price hike. But the online rumor mill & chats picked up from Mr. Zac Hollis state some other facts. It's just a waiting game now.
neo_narender is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2020, 15:38   #4
Senior - BHPian

Re: An introduction by an introvert

Hello Narender,

Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here. That's a long list of cars you have driven. Do share your experiences and pictures of some cars like the Charger.

Quote:
I hope to post an ownership experience/review soon after I buy my first car in India.
Looking forward to reading your ownership report. Do post pictures of the car once you get it.

Quote:
Age of Empires Multiplayer
Used to play single player before. Was never really good at it. What racing games do you play?
ChiragM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2020, 16:15   #5
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to the forum neo_narender. That is an impressive list of cars that you have driven. What is even more impressive is that you have maintained a list! Wish you all the best to add many more cars to that list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_narender View Post
1. Gamer (Semi & Sim Racing Games & Age of Empires Multiplayer anyone?)
I play AOE 2 regularly on Voobly. Was planning to switch to AOE 2 Definitive Edition, have not taken the plunge yet.
BlackPearl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2020, 20:27   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
Hello Narender,
Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here. That's a long list of cars you have driven. Do share your experiences and pictures of some cars like the Charger.
Looking forward to reading your ownership report. Do post pictures of the car once you get it.
Used to play single player before. Was never really good at it. What racing games do you play?
Thank you Chirag. I am elated to be here. Here are some pictures of the Dodge brothers. Probably the exciting lot from the cars I have driven. Most other cars either belong to friends/relatives or rentals.

Dodge Challenger Shaker Pro (My fav muscle car to date):
An introduction by an introvert-challenger.jpg

Dodge Charger Daytona 392:
An introduction by an introvert-charger.jpg
An introduction by an introvert-charger-2.jpg

These cars belong to my friends who are cousins, Charger was a one-up purchase by seeing the Challenger. Of course, I did not get to open the cars at full throttle, partly because I drove them when they were brand new & strict speed limits. Most interesting thing was the NVH levels of these cars were surprisingly excellent even with the 6.4-liter HEMI V8 under the hood.

Gaming: I have been playing different versions of AOE since 2004, started multiplayer around 2011-12. It's a very interesting game to me, with time & resource management including strategies. May be give it another try, you may end up loving the game.
Racing Games: I have completed every NFS game for PC. I think I tried almost every racing game there is for PC.
Sticking to racing, I am currently playing Forza Horizon 4, F1 2019, Assetto Corsa (Although I need a wheel to fully enjoy this game, XBox controller does not do justice).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Welcome to the forum neo_narender. That is an impressive list of cars that you have driven. What is even more impressive is that you have maintained a list! Wish you all the best to add many more cars to that list.
I play AOE 2 regularly on Voobly. Was planning to switch to AOE 2 Definitive Edition, have not taken the plunge yet.
Thank you BlackPearl. My goal is to hit the mark of "100 different cars driven", currently I am at 77. Thanks to my OCD for such lists! I also have another list containing the TV shows I have watched or currently watching, let me know if you want me to share that as well.

Gaming: I play AOE 2 HD (2013), AOE 2 Definitive Edition both on Steam, usually with my cousins against AIs. Actually, I do not know many who enjoy this game and can spare time to play multiplayer, thus against AIs. You should take the plunge, trust me you will love DE even more, with new civs & maps & overall general improvements, they are updating the game ever so slightly with new patches every month, to keep the balance of different civilizations. Trust me you won't go back to the regular AOE, once you play DE.

Neo
neo_narender is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks