Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2020, 22:50   #1
BHPian

Thank you

Hello fellow lovers of internal combustion engines. I've been a lurker and an avid reader of all things THBian for a many years, ever since I started searching for an Indian site that gave the good and the bad about all things automotive related.

I'm 53, married, an engineer by qualification and work in the field of Robotic Process Automation. I've worked in 3 other startups so it's been a fun ride .

I drive a F30 328i, that I absolutely admire for it's brutal persona and innate suaveness. It , to me, is a very easy car to maintain and tinker with. I also maintain a Skoda Laura L&K that I bought for my parents as a gift. My wife shuttles around in a Kwid Climber, a car that I really enjoy zipping around in, more than the F30 in Bangalore. When it comes to bikes, I own a Yamaha (Rajdoot) RD 350 that my folks bought me when I was 18. It's in prefect nick without a blemish, and still rides like a dream. The only reason they bought me this was a kind of bribe as I wanted to drop out of university and rethink my life. Yep, an 18 year old know everything! All the they said was, stay in university and we will get you get the bike you've always wanted. They thought its was the RX100, unfortunately, though they stood by their word. Respect! It really is my most precious vehicle without which, I may not have become me. I look after this machine more than I have ever looked after any other possession I have owned this far.

The highway is were I'm most comfortable and all our vehicles, including the Kwid, has seen a lot of highway miles. I really don't need an excuse to wander off to a destination a few 100 kms away.

It really is a privilege to be here and a part of this very vibrant and honestly opinionated community.

I hope to meet you all someday.

Last edited by Moontan : 10th July 2020 at 23:20.
Moontan is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 11th July 2020, 15:17   #2
BHPian

Re: Thank you

Welcome to the forum Moontan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moontan View Post
an engineer by qualification and work in the field of Robotic Process Automation. I've worked in 3 other startups so it's been a fun ride .
Nice to find someone who is into industrial automation. By Robotic process automation i am assuming you work with industrial robots , Viz ABB , Kuka types.

Quote:
When it comes to bikes, I own a Yamaha (Rajdoot) RD 350 that my folks bought me when I was 18. It's in prefect nick without a blemish, and still rides like a dream.

Thats great, It must probably be a rare single owner RD350. I had just shared my disappointing experience driving a used RD350 some years back in another thread.
srini1785 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2020, 15:24   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srini1785 View Post
Welcome to the forum Moontan.p

Nice to find someone who is into industrial automation. By Robotic process automation i am assuming you work with industrial robots , Viz ABB , Kuka types.

Thats great, It must probably be a rare single owner RD350. I had just shared my disappointing experience driving a used RD350 some years back in another thread.
Thank you. I'm in softtware robotics.

There is another older gentleman in Bangalore who also bought his RD350 new from the showroom. Other than the two of us, I know no other single owner.
Moontan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2020, 11:13   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Welcome Moontan! Neat intro.

Must say, that's a beautiful garage you have there. Superbly chosen cars + bike . Love the RD350 and there still isn't an exhaust note like that in India.

Quote:
Yep, an 18 year old know everything! All the they said was, stay in university and we will get you get the bike you've always wanted. They thought its was the RX100, unfortunately, though they stood by their word. Respect! It really is my most precious vehicle without which, I may not have become me. I look after this machine more than I have ever looked after any other possession I have owned this far.
Your relationship with the RD350 sounds similar to the one I have with my '97 Mahindra Classic.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2020, 11:19   #5
Team-BHP Support

Welcome aboard. Would love to see some pics of your rides. Specially the RD
Axe77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2020, 15:49   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Welcome Moontan! Neat intro.

Your relationship with the RD350 sounds similar to the one I have with my '97 Mahindra Classic.
Than you for the welcome, GTO.

I think when you've been given an excellent machine early in life and you fall in love with it, it's a bond that is almost impossible to break. Most, including the missus, think I'm a little cuckoo as I IPA clean the twin carbs every 4-6 weeks, polish the spokes and and rims every 2 weeks as both are chrome, etc, etc. Oh well!
Old 12th July 2020, 16:25   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Welcome aboard. Would love to see some pics of your rides. Specially the RD
Thank you-img_20200122_075651.jpg

Your wish is my command, sir. Our two 4 wheeler's and in the bottom left, you can see a bit of the crash guard of the RD350

I'll post a better pic when I find one.
Moontan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2020, 22:08   #8
BHPian

Welcome champ!

Love to see your beloved RD someday!
vishwasvr is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks