Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2020, 08:01   #1
BHPian

Lo & behold, here I am

Hello Everyone!!! Excited to finally join the T-BHP Family.
I have been following T-BHP forum for many years & it has made me a huge fan.

About myself: I am originally from Mumbai but now reside in Naigaon (Palghar). I have been working offshore in the Oil/Gas industry for the past 11 years, and based in the Middle East. During my bachelor days, I was an avid biker following X-BHP and enthused by all exciting material that it offered.
From some content of X-BHP, I was introduced to T-BHP and the latter presented with a different experience altogether. I suddenly became fascinated with cars and this thrill influenced me to get a car someday. Initially, I had apprehensions of driving a car, but with my brother’s help, I learnt to drive the Hyundai Eon. Once I got hooked onto the car experience, I bought a pre-owned Wagon-R which already had 125,000 kms on it. Within 3 years, I already crossed 180,000 kms & sold it to get a new car (Honda Jazz).

About my current ride: My decision of buying Jazz was purely based on the brand image of Honda (smooth engine & long life) & I was “sold out” on the ample space available when I drove the Jazz Diesel of my cousin. However, due to my limited stay in India because of my work rotation, I had to settle for the Petrol version. I love driving it whenever I get an opportunity to go out. I take pride in maintaining my car, and the valuable tips posted in T-BHP has benefited me a lot. I always try to be a safe driver, but scratches & dents are unavoidable in Mumbai city traffic .

Thank you T-BHP for welcoming me into your world.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 9th July 2020 at 08:45. Reason: Added para spacing for better reading.
daredemon is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th July 2020, 21:21   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Lo & behold, here I am

Hi,

Welcome to Team-BHP. Good to have you here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daredemon View Post
Initially, I had apprehensions of driving a car, but with my brother’s help, I learnt to drive the Hyundai Eon. Once I got hooked onto the car experience, I bought a pre-owned Wagon-R which already had 125,000 kms on it. Within 3 years, I already crossed 180,000 kms & sold it to get a new car (Honda Jazz).
We would love to read detailed ownership reviews of both your cars.

Quote:
I take pride in maintaining my car, and the valuable tips posted in T-BHP has benefited me a lot. I always try to be a safe driver, but scratches & dents are unavoidable in Mumbai city traffic .
Good to know Team-BHP has been of help. Unfortunately, dents and scratches appear on all cars in Mumbai within days of purchase. We have to live with them.

Quote:
Thank you T-BHP for welcoming me into your world.
Looking forward to some meaningful contributions from you.

Please take some time to go through Team-BHP's posting rules.

See you on the forum.
Aditya is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2020, 21:28   #3
BHPian

Welcome to the forum. Working for Oil production, just curious to know if you fill up your Car at Petrol Pump or have your personal Oil Rig and Refinery ?
Amrik Singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2020, 04:58   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Hi,

We would love to read detailed ownership reviews of both your cars.

Good to know Team-BHP has been of help. Unfortunately, dents and scratches appear on all cars in Mumbai within days of purchase. We have to live with them.

Looking forward to some meaningful contributions from you.

Please take some time to go through Team-BHP's posting rules.

See you on the forum.
Hi Aditya,
Will try and post a detailed review.
I have learned to live with the dents & scratches. I have still not repaired the dent which i have on one of my doors (to ward off evil eye ).
Will certainly go through the posting rules once again.
Thanks for approving my thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrik Singh View Post
Welcome to the forum. Working for Oil production, just curious to know if you fill up your Car at Petrol Pump or have your personal Oil Rig and Refinery ?
Hi Amrik,
I wish i would have got free fuel, but unfortunately i work on a construction barge & my company is into enginnering & fabrication of offshore deck & platforms. Our barge does the installation work at sea of platforms & laying pipelines for refineries.
daredemon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2020, 07:31   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daredemon View Post
Our barge does the installation work at sea of platforms & laying pipelines for refineries.
I am reminded of rendering services to Barges of OPMI in Bahrain around 1994-95. Basically related to Air Conditioning and Stainless Steel works for Kitchen. Quarter of a Century ago.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks