Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2020, 19:58   #1
BHPian

If I had known the 120 word limit, I might have entered a lot earlier

Hello fellow Team BHPians
I'm not the best essay writer in school, so my introduction will be in a bad form and paragraphs will not be organized in a good manner.
So, I have tried to be a member and has also been rejected around six times. All that was because I didn't follow the main rule which most people who try to enter doesn't know. The 120 words limit! I didn't know it at first. I was tired of being rejected several times. That's when I thought this: The solution lies within the problem. I checked Team BHP introductions for some informations that I can use. That's when I stumbled upon an introduction thread where the guy tried several times like me, without knowing the 120 word limit. Once he came to know it, just like me, he followed it and got accepted then and there. A big thanks to @gurha for making that thread. If it weren't for you, I would have typed lots and lots with increasing number of words in my further attempts and would have never got accepted as a member.
I wanted to be a Team BHPian for several days or months and also had a query regarding my Altis ( ownership report will be posted). I wasn't a Team BHPian and wanted to ask and solve it from someone. I took @vid6639 account in Instagram and texted him, and he gave me an answer to the same. I didn't realize that I was a member that time. The next day after that, which is today, when I checked my Gmail, I got the message saying that I was approved as a member.

So, something about me:
I am Govardhan Reghuram and I am a student who studies in Class 11th. I am from Thrissur, Kerala. I am 16 years old and cars have always been my passion from day 1. My dad owns a Toyota Corolla Altis 1.8GL Petrol 2009, which was pre-owned. The purchase of the Altis would be a good example to the thread regarding Lateral Upgrades. Thanks to @GTO for that.
My dream car is a Toyota Supra MK4.
People can take it in two types:
1. This child likes the Supra after seeing the Instagram memes and always goes like "2Jz is lub for lyf " kind
2. This kid knows the proper aspects of the 2JZ engine and the Supra MK4 and it's boost potential and all other things regarding the vehicle.
Trust me when I say this, it was kind of mixed. So here goes the story.
I was in 2nd grade and that's when two things happened. My dad bought a brand new Toyota Etios and also, I got Need for Speed : Most Wanted installed on my PC with the help of a cousin. The Etios was a wonderful and also, was the car in which I had learnt to drive. The Etios made me love Toyota in that time. So I was a proper Toyota fan then ( Even now). That was the time I started playing the game. There were many Porsches and Lamborghinis and Mercedes' in the game. To my surprise, I found a Toyota in the game. Imagine the excitement when you find your car's brand in a popular game. Guess what : It was the Supra. I fell in love with it instantly and immediately declared it as my dream car. So the love for Supra started when I was 7 to 8 years old. My friends including my brother kept on teasing me for several years about how someone can love a normal car of Toyota just by seeing in a game. They all loved Koenigseggs and Lamborghinis. They even said that I would be the only person in the world to love a car like this. But they were wrong. All of us, including me had started realizing the value of a Supra once we started Instagram. Memes were fully featuring the Supra. They slowly and with great difficulty, understood that this car is a legend even now. So Supra is my dream car is mentioned in my username.
PS : This is a true story. I'm not making it up. Most guys won't believe it now. I know. I know. Even my newer car guy friends don't believe this. So for proof, I show them my facebook posts and cover photos which I had posted while in 3rd standard and upwards. Luckily Facebook saves them all. The things which my FB featured at that time was all Supras and also Tamil actor X(Wont reveal, Sorry ). Love for X has diminished and I have moved to others, but my love for Supra won't end anytime soon.

I know. I know. A Supra doesn't come with 1000HP stock.
So thats all about me and Thank You once again folks.
One thing which I would love to see, for temporary satisfaction, apart from good looking cars, is the face of my teachers and classmates if they ever happen to see my introduction. Wonder how their faces will be, when they see the guy who speaks terrible English, writes an average quality introduction.
In real life
The English which comes on my mind : *picture of a Lamborghini
The English which I speak :
* picture of a San Storm

No offense to San Storm owners.
Govardhansupra is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 5th July 2020, 20:39   #2
BHPian

re: If I had known the 120 word limit, I might have entered a lot earlier

I was not aware of the Words limit, but, my approval was based on "No Thank You", from my end, when I got rejected, probably on second apply. I was rejected and advised to "Try again" which I declined.
I stated my level of expertise and hobbyist of Desert driving and it took no time for the Mods to revert back with a favorable response.
I do not remember if I thanked them then. If not then, I take this opportunity to thank them Years later.
Amrik Singh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2020, 20:41   #3
BHPian

Welcome to the forum, Govardhansupra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govardhansupra View Post
To my surprise, I found a Toyota in the game. Imagine the excitement when you find your car's brand in a popular game. Guess what : It was the Supra. I fell in love with it instantly and immediately declared it as my dream car. So the love for Supra started when I was 7 to 8 years old.
I used to play Need for Speed a lot during my school days and I remember the Black Supra with flames on the doors, which you're mentioning here and I believe it's Blacklist 13's car (Guess, I'm not wrong). Supra is a beast for sure with a lot of mod potential. The spec on the Brian's car though (Fast and Furious fans could relate)

P.S: Please don't behind the wheel till you're 18.

Cheers!!
mr_freakky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2020, 20:45   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrik Singh View Post
I stated my level of expertise and hobbyist of Desert driving
I see. Is that Gypsy in your avatar yours ? Lovely. Have you posted the desert pics anywhere? Please attach a link so that I would love to see it.
Thank you!
Old 6th July 2020, 07:39   #5
BHPian

Quote:
I see. Is that Gypsy in your avatar yours ? Lovely. Have you posted the desert pics anywhere? Please attach a link so that I would love to see it.
Thank you!
Thanks for your appreciation of my Gypsy, which has not revved up in last Two Years. I do not have any need of Four Wheel drive now. Staying quite close to Metro Station, our distant travel within Delhi is by Metro while 3-4 km is preferably Walking, or Pulsar 180, if required.

My off-road stints have been detailed in another forum which I do not use any more. If interested, you can check on this link

https://www.bcmtouring.com/forums/th...n-dubai.58023/

I hope it will either satisfy or rage a passion in you.
Old 6th July 2020, 08:31   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrik Singh View Post
My off-road stints have been detailed in another forum which I do not use any more. If interested, you can check on this link

https://www.bcmtouring.com/forums/th...n-dubai.58023/

I hope it will either satisfy or rage a passion in you.
Great article Amrikji!!
That's the first time that I'm seeing such an enormous truck, or whatever you call it, in the picture. The tires are bigger than you! How much do they cost?
Also, surprised to know that F1 cars weigh only 600kgs
Old 6th July 2020, 09:06   #7
BHPian

These trycks are used in Mining and heavy earthmoving industry. With a payload of 60 - 80 - 120 Tons (known to me) or probably more (please Google). The Tyres size of this one was 24.00 x 48.00 which means the Tread is 24 inch wide, 24 inch high and the Rim size is 48 inch. The heart was a massive 16 Cylinder engine somewhat the size of Premier Padmini car.
Believe me, so easy to drive that guys who never held a steering in their hands, started their journey on these.

Last edited by Amrik Singh : 6th July 2020 at 09:08.
Amrik Singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2020, 09:20   #8
BHPian

Hey there! Welcome to Team-BHP and it's a pleasure reading your experience. You reminded me of my childhood- back to the days of 2006 where I first got a copy of Most Wanted Black Edition. Today life is no different with me picking up every racing gaming title on platform but all of them fail to give the nostalgic feeling that came from the older NFS games- be it the new Forza or the new NFS or Ubisoft's Crew series. I hope the future of racing games be bright.
momsonlydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2020, 09:47   #9
BHPian

Quote:
That's the first time that I'm seeing such an enormous truck, or whatever you call it, in the picture. The tires are bigger than you! How much do they cost?
Also, surprised to know that F1 cars weigh only 600kgs
Here is link to Worlds largest Dump Truck - Massive 496 Tons

https://www.mining-technology.com/fe...g-dump-trucks/
Amrik Singh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th July 2020, 18:38   #10
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: If I had known the 120 word limit, I might have entered a lot earlier

Welcome aboard! Just to clarify, there is no such thing as a 120-word limit. You could get in with 60 well-written words, or 180. What matters is the quality of words, not the quantity.
GTO is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 6th July 2020, 18:55   #11
BHPian

Sorry GTO, if you could edit and remove that part, it would be helpful to other people. Otherwise, it would mislead people. And thanks to you GTO.
Sorry again!
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intro...ter-again.html (Team-bhp membership: Please register again!)
This was the link from which I got the information of the 120 words.
Old 9th July 2020, 22:36   #12
BHPian

Welcome on board! I am also a 16-year-Old from the Cultural Capital of Kerala. Until I came across this introduction, I had thought that there was no one here who is of my age.
Nexusios1521 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2020, 08:46   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexusios1521 View Post
Welcome on board! I am also a 16-year-Old from the Cultural Capital of Kerala. Until I came across this introduction, I had thought that there was no one here who is of my age.
That's great Nexusios. I'm waiting for us to be Team BHPians so that I can PM you. Where in Thrissur are you from ?

There are many in our age. In fact there is one BHPian, @300 KMPH who joined Team BHP at the age of 11.
Govardhansupra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2020, 09:34   #14
BHPian

Quote:
That's great Nexusios. I'm waiting for us to be Team BHPians so that I can PM you. Where in Thrissur are you from ?
I am currently residing in Mumbai, even though I am originally from Thrissur.

Good to hear that I am not the only one who joined Team BHP at a young age.
Nexusios1521 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2020, 09:41   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexusios1521 View Post
Good to hear that I am not the only one who joined Team BHP at a young age.
Age is just a number. At 66, I feel myself younger than you.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks