Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2020, 16:55   #1
BHPian

Thanks for letting me park in the Team-BHP garage!

Hi
I felt very elated on seeing the eagerly awaited email from Team-BHP. Thanks for letting me in !
I'm a medico who migrated from Mumbai to Pune almost 27 years ago.
I have been fascinated by cars since a tender age ; no doubt cars are the toys for boys!
My first car was the beginner entry level Maruti 800 which served also as a scapegoat for my immature fast and furious driving habits of those days. 3 years later I ended up trading it for a WagonR which was a rage in those days along with the Santro .
Unable to suppress the child in me I took a splurge in 3 years and got myself an upgrade in the form of the 2nd generation manual Honda City which had an agonising waiting period of 3 months.
Was very happy with this manual transmission car which I kept for 14 long years before bidding a sad adieu as in the meantime I had bought the 4th generation Honda city VX CVT to give its older brother company!
The latter has been giving me company for almost 6 years now without any major complaints.
Again the child in me is whispering in my ears and the T-roc is in sight!
It seems a proper upgrade in terms of driving experience, build quality and transition to a German car which is also a CBU.
Being used to reasonable maintenance costs of the Hondas I feel a little hesitant about the higher service costs of Volkswagen and ASS experiences.
Also would feel extremely pleased if the seniors start a thread dedicated to experiences with CBU units especially long term costs , spares availability and other recommendations for novices like me.
That's all and thanks again!
moncar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 16:35   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Thanks for letting me park in the Team-BHP garage!

Hi,

Welcome to Team-BHP. Good to have you on board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moncar View Post
I have been fascinated by cars since a tender age ; no doubt cars are the toys for boys!
Couldn't agree more. Cars ae indeed the toys for boys. As a child, the only thing that excited me more than a toy car was a drive in one of the family's cars.

Quote:
The latter has been giving me company for almost 6 years now without any major complaints.
You have quite a long car history. Rest assure, the Honda will keep running as long as you perform scheduled service and maintenance. We would love to have a detailed long-term review from you.

Quote:
Again the child in me is whispering in my ears and the T-roc is in sight!
Over the long-term, the T-Roc might not be as easy on the pocket as a Honda, but it will surely be solid when it comes to build quality. I do know some people who swear by the VW brand and wouldn't have anything else. It's a very personal thing.

Looking forward to some meaningful contributions from you.

Please take some time to go through Team-BHP's posting rules.

See you on the forum.

Last edited by Aditya : 9th July 2020 at 21:15.
Aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 17:01   #3
BHPian

Re: Thanks for letting me park in the Team-BHP garage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moncar View Post
Hi
Also would feel extremely pleased if the seniors start a thread dedicated to experiences with CBU units especially long term costs , spares availability and other recommendations for novices like me.
That's all and thanks again!
Firstly, welcome to Team-BHP. Coming to long term costs and spares availability I have a Honda Civic Hybrid which is a CBU and the common spares which are shared with its locally manufactured sibling are readily available mostly the ones which are not take somewhere around 10-15 or 15-20 days to come after the A.S.S places an order for the part and there is a marked differences between the prices of spares for a small consumable part such as a wiper blade costs twice the amount of the locally manufactured car.
sv97 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 17:34   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post

You have quite a long car history. Rest assure, the Honda will keep running as long as you perform scheduled service and maintenance. We would love to have a detailed long-term review from you

Thanks for your encouraging words.
Will definitely try to post my long term experience with the CITY .
Am still to checkout the T-roc as it has not reached the showroom yet. Appealing factors of build quality, feature rich ,classy virtual cockpit and infotainment system complimenting the 1.5 TSI -DSG combo performance are enticing .Compromises include a not upto the standard VW mark interiors with lots of plastics, lesser rear space with smaller overall dimensions and of course a higher price compared to the Korean siblings.
Can't have it all I guess !

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv97 View Post
Firstly, welcome to Team-BHP. Coming to long term costs and spares availability I have a Honda Civic Hybrid which is a CBU and the common spares which are shared with its locally manufactured sibling are readily available mostly the ones which are not take somewhere around 10-15 or 15-20 days to come after the A.S.S places an order for the part and there is a marked differences between the prices of spares for a small consumable part such as a wiper blade costs twice the amount of the locally manufactured car.

Thanks for your input. Guess time to procure spares and higher costs are inevitable if you decide on a CBU . Additionally being at the mercy of the dealer would also be a consideration.

Last edited by bblost : 22nd June 2020 at 18:17. Reason: back to back
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks