Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2020, 17:19   #1
BHPian

Mahmud of Ghazni

Way back in 2006, when I was half way through engineering, my dad asked me if I was attempting to become the Ghazni Mahmud of Engineering Mathematics 3 (M3). It took me 8 attempts to clear that paper.

Since then, Joining Team-BHP has been my M3 of the decade as I've lost track of the number of attempts i've made to join this forum. Reading the subject line "Team-BHP membership APPROVED!" on my phone today afternoon gave me so much joy that i've received membership of this forum at last.

Hello everyone, I'm Immortalmechano and write to you from Coimbatore today (though i'm normally based out of Bangalore) sitting on my parents couch as we weather out this global pandemic. Anything mechanical interests me and I'm a major enthusiast of bikes, cars and planes. A Supply Chain Professional by day, I may as well have been born as a car as far as my mother is concerned. I spent my early years in Singapore, moved back to India for my higher secondary and engineering and further on to the UK for a Masters. Eventually I found my way to Bangalore where I've been settled for the better part of this decade. I have a 2 year old son who I am pleased to declare, true to my genes only cares about the "Wheels on the bus"

I've been an avid reader of Team-BHP since 2004 and look forward to being able to participate in deep automotive philosophical conversations with the like minded motoring populace here.

By way of Rides, my family currently have for company:
2012 Yamaha Ray - 12,500KM on the odo
2013 Hyundai Grand i10 U2 Crdi Asta(o) - 141,080KM on the odo
2014 Renault Duster 85ps RXLplus - 88,600KM on the odo
2016 Scolarian Captain 05 (Fixie Bicycle) - 2,500KM on Strava
2016 Yamaha Fascino - 8,540Km on the odo
2019 Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 - 1,440 KM on the odo

We have had in the past:
2003 Honda Dio
2009 Honda Unicorn
2004 Chevrolet Optra LX 1.6
2007 Fiat Palio Stile 1.1 SLX
2013 Fuji Traverse 1.3

Someday, I shall add an AMG and perhaps a private jet to that list!

Cheers, Aswin!
immortalmechano is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 24th May 2020, 16:07   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahmud of Ghazni

Hi Aswin

Welcome to Team-BHP!

Wow, you own a Scolarian bike. How has been your experience with it so far?

There are quite a few riding enthusiasts among us and we would love to know your thoughts on this rather special bike.

Cheers and take care!

TusharK
Old 24th May 2020, 18:59   #3
BHPian

Aswin, Welcome to the forum! Nice collection of vehicles (present and old - cars, cycles and bikes) mentioned by you. How has your experience been with the Scolarian bike?

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortalmechano View Post
Way back in 2006, when I was half way through engineering, my dad asked me if I was attempting to become the Ghazni Mahmud of Engineering Mathematics 3 (M3). It took me 8 attempts to clear that paper.
I guess your college was affiliated to the scary VTU, Belgaum? I passed out in 2006 and struggled with the Maths subjects (M1 and M2 in particular). I cleared M3 in my 2nd attempt.
Old 30th May 2020, 20:26   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Hi Aswin

Welcome to Team-BHP!

Wow, you own a Scolarian bike. How has been your experience with it so far?

There are quite a few riding enthusiasts among us and we would love to know your thoughts on this rather special bike.

Cheers and take care!

TusharK
Thank you for the welcome TusharK! The Scolarian is a great training bike and being a fixie, very easy to maintain. I would suggest it to anyone who wants to try a fixie. A lovely product from a bunch of young chaps working out of a house in Suburban Coimbatore! They are open to your ideas and customisation which gives you the choice of making your ride unique.*Here's a Pic of my Custom Captain!

Mahmud of Ghazni-20160815-07.42.40-hdr.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JojyKerala View Post
Aswin, Welcome to the forum! Nice collection of vehicles (present and old - cars, cycles and bikes) mentioned by you. How has your experience been with the Scolarian bike?

I guess your college was affiliated to the scary VTU, Belgaum? I passed out in 2006 and struggled with the Maths subjects (M1 and M2 in particular). I cleared M3 in my 2nd attempt.
Haha JojyKerala I studied in Coimbatore. Thank you for the welcome!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks