Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2020, 22:00   #1
BHPian

Can’t be too young? New kid on the block

“A distant honk of an Indica three streets away sent him running to the veranda stumbling over the Step in the doorway”,
“The only way to get him to eat his meals would be to tell him about Fiats and Ambassadors”
Cover ke neeche jo bhi gaadi hai, yeh uska naam batadega!

....Are just few of the things the family would say about Me, this 3 year old kid who grew up going on walks with his grandfather where he’d learn the name of a new car every time and hide from trucks because they’d scare me. I still don’t know why,haha.
A Silver-green Indica was my grandfather’s daily, and the sound of its horn was something I would hear before I ran to the door so he could take me on a ride around the block after he got back from work. It started out as loving joyrides with him, and turned into something more.

I have an ear for horns I guess, the habit continued and I knew exactly when my mom turned into the street so I could turn off the TV before she walked in.

Dad bought and indigo LX in black a few years later and that was my newfound love, the sofa like backseat was a place I enjoyed being in as a toddler.
I remember nothing related to my love for cars after we sold the indigo around 2010 after buying a 2009 Ritz Vdi.
My grandfather had a Ford Fiesta zxi At the time which he bought after getting rid of the Indica after realising that Tata ASS Was a nightmare.
and I remember that I loved listening to the soft sound of the turn indicator clicking when engaged and the two cabin lights in the back it was very nice to hear for some reason. We bought the Fiesta and drove down from Ahmedabad to Hyderabad in 2008
Been in Hyderabad ever since and have spent the past twelve years here.

2013 saw the desire to have an SUV and after about an year of spending several hours on BHP and fighting with my grandfather to let us buy a Tata, enter the safari storme vx 4x2 explorer edition. The First explorer In Hyderabad as told by the Tata service guys in Hyderabad. Made us extremely proud.

2015 Brought an i10 grand AUTO home after moms 15 years of back and leg troubles with manual transmission cars on the daily for her work commute.

A Honda city zx(o) came home in 2016 as my grandfathers new daily and I still remember the new car smell and instructions of seat ka plastic cover mat utaarna
Those are the cars our family currently owns , and I’m looking forward to getting behind the wheel more often and on actual roads once I get my licence next year, didn’t I mention? , I’m only 17 Yes , so the caption !
Attached Thumbnails
Can’t be too young? New kid on the block-11caae07b12d4df3b2d5507ca16df7bf.jpeg  

viXit is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th May 2020, 16:52   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Can’t be too young? New kid on the block

Hello viXit,

Welcome to forum. Nice intro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viXit View Post
I have an ear for horns I guess, the habit continued and I knew exactly when my mom turned into the street so I could turn off the TV before she walked in.
I am sure this your keen hearing has helped you on many occasions.

Do share pictures of all the cars at home, including the old ones. Why not start ownership reviews as well with the ones you have right now?
Old 7th May 2020, 10:42   #3
BHPian

Re: Can’t be too young? New kid on the block

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
Hello viXit,

Welcome to forum. Nice intro.
Thank you so much sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post

Do share pictures of all the cars at home, including the old ones. Why not start ownership reviews as well with the ones you have right now?
I will definitely share some pictures here. But plan on starting long term ownership threads! Excited for them !
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks