Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2020, 18:36   #1
BHPian

I'm finally a BHPian!

Thank you for finally accepting me. I've applied for membership three or four times before this final try - I'm glad I've made it. I thought I'll get rejected this time as well . I believe there is a right time for everything.

My current city is Tvm and I originally belong to Kollam. My current drive is a Skoda Rapid TDI.

I've been silently reading posts for more than 10 years now. Now, since I'm a member, I'll be looking to contribute to the posts as well.

Thanks to the moderators. Looking forward to contribute to posts here.
JojyKerala is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th April 2020, 18:48   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: I'm finally a BHPian!

Introduction Approved!

A bit more details about you and your ride would be nice .

And welcome to Team-BHP, enjoy your stay .
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2020, 21:04   #3
BHPian

Thank you Sheel.

My ride is a Rapid TDI 2013 model (beige colour). It's inching towards the 100,000 km mark. I like the way the car handles, the performance it offers and the exceptional mileage after all these years

Prior to the Rapid, I owned a TATA Indica XETA 1.4 GLS (2006), Hyundai Santro Automatic (2006) and a Wagon R CNG 2012. The XETA and the Santro Automatic were quite rare back then and I'm proud to have owned them.
Attached Thumbnails
I'm finally a BHPian!-20190301_135602.jpg  

JojyKerala is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th May 2020, 17:47   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JojyKerala View Post
My ride is a Rapid TDI 2013 model (beige colour). It's inching towards the 100,000 km mark. I like the way the car handles, the performance it offers and the exceptional mileage after all these years
Hi Jojy, welcome to TBHP.
I too have a 2013 Rapid TDi. Its a fantastic machine. Made waaay better by a Code6 remap! Still at 40k km though!
GeneralJazz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2020, 11:02   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralJazz View Post
Hi Jojy, welcome to TBHP.
I too have a 2013 Rapid TDi. Its a fantastic machine. Made waaay better by a Code6 remap! Still at 40k km though!
Thanks for the welcome. Nice to meet a follow malayalee with a TDI

I agree it's a fantastic machine. It's also built like a tank - saved my family's life a few years ago.

Also, 40,000 km only for your beauty? I guess its because you are splitting time between cities?
JojyKerala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2020, 11:52   #6
BHPian

Hello ! Nice to yet another fellow South Keralite on the forum. And a fellow Rapid owner. Hope to read more about your ownership review and learn more about car. It would help new owners like me. Welcome to the forum ! You're gonna love it here.
kraken is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2020, 12:48   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JojyKerala View Post
Thanks for the welcome. Nice to meet a follow malayalee with a TDI

I agree it's a fantastic machine. It's also built like a tank - saved my family's life a few years ago.

Also, 40,000 km only for your beauty? I guess its because you are splitting time between cities?
Oh yes! Forgot to mention the built like a tank part!

40,000kms only because I'm splitting time between two beauties actually! Rapid TDI and a 2006 Baleno 1.6
GeneralJazz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2020, 15:50   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraken View Post
Hello ! Nice to yet another fellow South Keralite on the forum. And a fellow Rapid owner. Hope to read more about your ownership review and learn more about car. It would help new owners like me. Welcome to the forum ! You're gonna love it here.
Hi! You've made the right buying decision. I see a lot of stunning Monte Carlos in Tvm. From an ownership perspective, my car has been reliable and served me well. Since I'm nearing 100k, I may change 2 things this year - steering column and timing belt. Recently, I changed an ABS sensor - that too after the symbol was illuminated for 6 months.

For the Rapid, my approach during ownership is simple and straightforward - make friends with a trusted and experienced Service Advisor.

For me, this has helped over the years. I always call or whatsapp the Service Advisor for advice (whether its regarding tyre changes, a symbol on the dashboard or help with insurance claims). In most scenarios, the Service Advisor provides sound advice and tells me whether it's necessary to take the car to the service center or not and other alternatives .

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralJazz View Post
Oh yes! Forgot to mention the built like a tank part!

40,000kms only because I'm splitting time between two beauties actually! Rapid TDI and a 2006 Baleno 1.6

2006 Baleno 1.6 - my salute! Always admired the car. I know a person in Kollam who owns a modded Baleno and Lancer. Both cars used to be parked outside his shop. Balenos from that generation are rare on the road these days and that makes them more special.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 7th May 2020 at 15:54. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote button (QUOTE+) while quoting and replying to multiple posts. Thanks.
JojyKerala is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks