Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2020, 15:54   #1
BHPian

Finally on Team-BHP

Hello Everyone,

I have been dreaming of the day to be a part of this wonderful forum for a long time and as time had it finally after a lot of attempts, i'm finally here. I would like to thank the Team-Bhp moderators for accepting my membership and giving me an opportunity be a part of this fantastic forum.

My name is Anish Ranjan from Bengaluru. I'm 30 years old and I'm an entrepreneur. The passion for cars and two wheels is something I have had from childhood. From collecting car magazines and watching F1 with my hero Michael winning, cars have been deep rooted in my life.

I would call my self a petrol head as I'm truly passionate of the vehicles I own and I'm technically well versed with vehicles as well. I consider myself old school and modern cars don't excite me as I somehow feel disconnected and the thrill of driving is missing.

My first car was a SS80 or for people who don't know, it was a 1983 Maruti 800. I bought one and restored it. But unfortunately during the floods in Bengaluru in 2017 I had to let go of it. I now drive my dream car, a 2002 Honda City Vtec. It's an absolute hoot to drive and share a special bond with it. I only wish cars from today's era was as engaging and fun to drive as my City. I'm also a biker and have ridden extensively. I ride a KTM Duke 390.

Finally, Team-Bhp has been my go to place for advice and trips, am glad that I'm finally here and look forward to sharing my stories and getting to learn a lot from loads of enthusiasts here in this wonderful forum.

Thanks again,
Anish Ranjan.
AnishRanjan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th April 2020, 16:24   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Finally on Team-BHP

Welcome Anish! Great to have you with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnishRanjan View Post
watching F1 with my hero Michael winning
Me too! Big Schumacher fan. See the frame above my desk
Finally on Team-BHP-1-2.jpg

Quote:
I consider myself old school and modern cars don't excite me as I somehow feel disconnected and the thrill of driving is missing.
Some of us too, but I have to admit = modern tech such as EPS & ATs are getting really good. Heck, I drove a Tesla and actually enjoyed it! I've always been a RWD guy, but after driving modern AWD systems in some performance cars, I have come to appreciate them.

Quote:
I now drive my dream car, a 2002 Honda City Vtec
Enjoy it. The only car that I really miss is my Vtec. No revv-happy engine like it in India.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th April 2020, 16:50   #3
BHPian

GTO I have been looking at your threads from the day I got to know about Team BHP and I will consider it as an honor to see my first comment on Team BHP from you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I think I had read somewhere in your posts or comments somewhere in Team BHP about you being a Schumacher fan and the picture on your wall sums it up. I'm waiting for the day Ferrari wins again.

New cars might have tech GTO but i prefer the smell of petrol, gauging my braking distances, feeling every inch of your car and reacting accordingly in all situations and not having a computer to do that and the biggest let down for me is EPS power steering just robs the feel that I get in my Vtec.

Lastly I have seen your Vtec thread innumerable times and I know that you have a special place for this car in your heart and I too have a special connection to this car and plan to keep it forever.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 28th April 2020 at 17:32. Reason: Fixed quotes
AnishRanjan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th April 2020, 17:16   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hello Everyone,
My name is Anish Ranjan from Bengaluru. I'm 30 years old and I'm an entrepreneur. The passion for cars and two wheels is something I have had from childhood. From collecting car magazines and watching F1 with my hero Michael winning, cars have been deep rooted in my life.
Quote:
Quote:
I think I had read somewhere in your posts or comments somewhere in Team BHP about you being a Schumacher fan and the picture on your wall sums it up. I'm waiting for the day Ferrari wins again.
Welcome to TBHP Anish! The moment I read Michael - I sort of forgot the other things you have mentioned in the post! Honda City and Suzuki SS80 you mentioned I think. Not sure. See you on the forum mate! Always wonderful to see someone with interest in more analogue things on offer in life over electronic gizmos & automatic wonders! This forum is one of the last resorts for purists. For those enjoying the pleasure of a perfectly timed double clutch and gear shift more than a seamless 0-100 run time with an automatic powerful car .

What would I pay to see those glory days of the Prancing Horse with Michael-Bryne-Todt-Brawn once again! People used to say it was boring. With current Mercedes dominance - well those early 2000s sure look exciting don't they?

MS followed by Felipe Massa & then well - Kimi Raikkonen have been my favourites. Dropping out one by one. Kimi still hangs around of course providing some true entertainment. I have rarely experienced pain as much as watching the pitstop fiasco with Felipe in the inaugural Singapore GP of 2008.

I lost interest in F1 when Mr. Eyebrow Man joined Scuderia Ferrari as a lead driver. And over time I stopped watching it altogether last year. Hoping that Young Charles can pull me back some day to the TV! Yet - my cell phone's lock screen and wall papers are still the red and yellow with the SF Shield. Hope spring's eternal they say.

Take care!

Last edited by Reinhard : 28th April 2020 at 17:18.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th April 2020, 17:33   #5
BHPian

Thank you so much Reinhard. Im a mechanical guy and analogue is what i prefer. I'm not against electronics but somehow I feel there needs to be a balance. The tide is unfortunately towards electronics now.

I have been a big ferrari and formula one fan and yeah hopefully Charles will bring back some old memories and smiles on all us Ferrari fans eagerly waiting to see them get back the title.

But the matter of fact is I miss the v12's, v10's and the v8's. They were motoring wet dreams. The sound of the modern turbo engines when compared to them is pathetic.
I only wish we could get back the v12's and v10's and hear the glorious note of those engines redlining at 20,000 rpm. Who ever said F1 was boring then is seriously out of their minds. The 80's, 90's and 2000's were the golden days of Motorsport be it F1, rallying, 24 Hours Le mans. Each and every category has special cars which you could relate and dream about.

Also I'm watching the classic f1 series coming on star sports and this Sunday they showed the 1992 Monaco Grand Prix with Michael driving his first Grand Prix there and in a Benetton with manual stick shift. To see him shifting the gears through the cockpit was really something special. Driving those cars with three pedals and stick shift at those speeds in Monaco really makes modern F1 lame.
AnishRanjan is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks