Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2020, 11:12   #1
BHPian

Hello everyone

Hello everyone Anand here, I was following Team-BHP more than a decade since the purchase of my first car. I tried to get here once before and I finally made it. I am very delighted and Happy to be part of this community.
Thanks for accepting my membership request.

Here is a brief intro about my automobile journey.

Two Wheelers

TVS Fiero F2
Bajaj Avenger
Hero Pleasure

Cars

Hyundai Santro GLS
Nissan Micra CVT
Hyundai i10 Sportz
Hyundai Verna Petrol AT

Upcoming
Polo Highline+ AT
or
Hyundai i20 DCT

I am a Software Engineer and avid reader of automobile literature, I got onto automobiles because of my brother who is a Mechanical engineer.
Reading his books in my holidays developed interest in IC engines. My friends always say I have chosen wrong degree , so much so that my first year of college paper presentation was on ICE's, everyone wondered why CSE student submitted paper on a Mechanical subject.

So many times when I was reading a thread here, I desperately wanted to reply, now I can finally do it. Looking forward to making new friends and great memories on Team-BHP.

Thank you.
Anand
RaceHorse is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2020, 16:51   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hello everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceHorse View Post
Hello everyone Anand here, I was following Team-BHP more than a decade since the purchase of my first car. I tried to get here once before and I finally made it. I am very delighted and Happy to be part of this community.
Welcome to the forum Anand! Nice progression through your cars. A very logical ladder climb. Some ownership threads from you soon I hope.
Quote:
I got onto automobiles because of my brother who is a Mechanical engineer.
Reading his books in my holidays developed interest in IC engines. My friends always say I have chosen wrong degree , so much so that my first year of college paper presentation was on ICE's, everyone wondered why CSE student submitted paper on a Mechanical subject.
Trust me - that applies to most of us beating keyboards in the IT industry. Me included. Best we can do (and we do) is to stay loyal to IT & ensure we keep earning. And then use those earnings to spend on our passion! The machines.

See you around on the forum mate. Stay safe & take care.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2020, 17:01   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Welcome to the forum Anand! Nice progression through your cars. A very logical ladder climb. Some ownership threads from you soon I hope.
Thank you Reinhard, for the warm welcome. I will definitely submit my review on Verna AT, it's in the pipeline. Thanks for my first reply on the forum .
RaceHorse is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2020, 23:53   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to Team-BHP RaceHorse

Quote:
Upcoming
Polo Highline+ AT
or
Hyundai i20 DCT
Which one of these hatchbacks are you more inclined towards buying?

If you ask me, I'm really looking forward to the new i20.
TusharK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2020, 10:40   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Which one of these hatchbacks are you more inclined towards buying?

If you ask me, I'm really looking forward to the new i20.
Even I am inclined towards i20, as a family car it has more space inside and more practical compared to Polo, but launch seems to be pushed all the way to festival period. Also I am still waiting for long term reviews on Hyundai DCT.

We recently sold Micra CVT, to pick a new AT hatchback but now because of this pandemic it turned out to be a wrong decision. Now I don't want my wife to take Uber, so a AT hatchback/C-SUV is a quick need for us. Still I need to wait for a review on Polo TC AT.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed