Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2020, 14:45   #1
BHPian

Reigniting the flames!

Hello All Team-BHPins and future Team-BHPians who are reading this but not have not yet taken the plunge.

My name is Ashish, I am a couple of years older than Hero Honda Splendor (a relation which will be explored very soon in it's appropriate place). I am from the City of Lakes Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh though as of last few years I can be found in Pune as well.

What I do as a job ? I am a Software Developer.
What I do as passion ? Well a mix of Artist, Researcher, Tinkerer, Wanderer and Photographer.

As a kid the passion for automobiles in general was always there in me partly due to the presence of below legends in our backyard

1. Willy's Jeep (2 of them)
2. Fiat Premier (I am not 100% sure and this is my guess but when I have scanned through old Fiat cars and the memory I have for this car it could have been a Fiat 1400 too)
There were also a couple of John Deere tractors which could be found intermittently.

But unfortunately I never saw the Fiat in running condition, both the Willy's and Fiat was bought by my father in non-working state and he planned to recondition them and bring back their glory days.
Unfortunately only one Willy's ever got into a decent running shape but there again due to a number of factors I never really sat in it for long.

My Father used to drive Lambretta back in his prime, then he sold it and bought another Lambretta which was later replaced with LML Select II. You can see the pattern he was and still is one automobile enthusiast and he really liked heavy vehicles. He also owned a Luna for good measure on which my elder sister and brother learned their trade.

However all this happened when I was not yet born/ too young to really understand a vehicle. By the time I was in a age where I can be safely allowed on roads riding my bicycle all these legends were gone except for the Select II such is the power of time. So in a way more that spending time with these I can say I inherited the passion for vehicles from my father and mother also.

Thereon I grew a liking for Hyundai Santro, Daewoo Matiz and Tata Indica. I used to maintain a count of these vehicles on road I can say I managed to hold up this count for around 2 years.

Then one fine day it happened, I still remember it clearly I was playing in the Veranda when suddenly a Red Tata Safari (First Gen) slowly and with such great royal demeanor passed in front of the gate, That sight I can still not forget and I am still lost on how to describe it in words but in that moment I can clearly say all those enthusiast cells inside me roared back to life and I made it clear, I have to own a Safari and I will be King of the road.

From there on started my fascination for automobiles in general however by the time I graduated in 2015 practicality of life had taken over and I was more or less fully focused on working through my job. In between all these years I met one of my best friends and she deserves her own thread which will be coming up shortly(need to hold on to the surprise here ).

Then came 2018 when situations started changing and the thought of once again exploring the world on wheels started coming back. Here another fine day I stumbled upon Team-BHP through Team-BHPian Maverick79's Leh Ladakh travelogue back in 2018 June while doing some research on Ford Endeavour and it's capabilities.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...endeavour.html (Eat, Drive, Sleep (Repeat) - Chennai to Leh in a Ford Endeavour)

Since then I have been silently reading through Team-BHP travelogues, reviews, updating myself with all the advancements that have happened while I was in hibernation and anything that is posted here in general. I knew that this is the place where I will be taking first step towards reigniting my flames and building/joining my new gang to rule the roads but when to take that step was a question and a big one, Somehow through one reason or another it kept getting delayed(As you get to know me further you will see an interesting pattern here) but now with the lockdown in place I finally decided to take the plunge and Reignite those flames!!

Thanks,
Ashish
darkLightning is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th April 2020, 15:07   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Reigniting the flames!

Introduction Approved!

Welcome to Team-BHP Ashish, glad to have you on the forum, appears you are a SUV guy, the Safari episode and previous generation Endeavour's travelogue hints so .

Enjoy your stay.
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2020, 18:59   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Introduction Approved!

Welcome to Team-BHP Ashish, glad to have you on the forum, appears you are a SUV guy, the Safari episode and previous generation Endeavour's travelogue hints so .

Enjoy your stay.
Hi Sheel,

Thanks and yes if it has to be only my choice for a 4 wheeler it would be a pure SUV, not a fan of pseudo SUVs and as I have seen at multiple places in Team-BHP, SUV = 4x4
However I am very very new to Driving though I have been riding for 10 years so I have a lot to learn also and it will be a couple of years at least before I buy a SUV. I have one eye on Jimny and one on Sierra for now.
darkLightning is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2020, 06:16   #4
BHPian

Hi. Are you from Bhopal?
I have spent 6 years there. Keep coming though!
Old 29th April 2020, 00:26   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.aviansh View Post
Hi. Are you from Bhopal?
I have spent 6 years there. Keep coming though!
Hi Aviansh,
Yes my hometown is Bhopal. Current Job location is Pune though.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks