Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2020, 13:30   #1
BHPian

Stepping it up!

Hello everyone!

It's been 7 years that I've been lurking around Team-BHP and making use of its diverse and always reliable knowledgebase. The community has played such a significant role in so many of my decisions, some of which are listed below:

1. The obvious one - What car. For me, family and friends.
2. What route - the permanent question when headed to Goa from Pune.
3. Which hotel - the family friendly pitstops suggested by the good folks never disappoint! Be it a hundred kilometres from civilization or just outside the city.
4. Which hangouts - yes I've been stalking the Team-BHP meet-up threads to find out about good hangout spots nearby. I plead guilty.
5. But most importantly, the community has helped me answer the biggest questions that arise every year: what gift? I've received a dashcam for valentine's, a 3M detailing for two of my birthdays and a tyre inflator for my wedding anniversary. The duster and wax was complimentary in one of those gifts.

I've also learnt how to spend more in grooming your car than in grooming yourself. Especially when the car is dark grey and you don't always have covered parking. After all, there's only that many times when you have water to wipe away pigeon emissions.

After such a high level of impact on my life, I thought it's time I step up and join the community to give back in any manner I can. Hopefully I get to affect somebody else's choice of discretionary spending.

I'm basically from Mumbai, now settled in Pune after a brief stint in Bangalore. I am a mechanical engineer with a focus on studying fluid behavior and attempting to use some of that knowledge to improve products that work with these fluids. Currently I help design industrial valves and a few other valves that go on engines of commercial vehicles. Been working with and trying to understand fluids for ten years now, but they have their way of surprising you almost everyday.

When it comes to cars, I believe it's not just a machine but a few thousand parts that align and work together to give you that freedom to go wherever you want and whenever you want. It's much more than a heap of metal welded together.

To that end, we started out with a Maruti 800 in the family like most of us here. Learnt driving on that car. Served us well for 7 years after which we got the Chevrolet Aveo U-Va. Not the SAIC one mind you. That was surprisingly good vehicle. It was a gamble as we had no idea how Chevrolet was going to work out in the long term and the world was buying a swift. But damn we couldn't have asked for more. Have a lot of memories in that car. Right now we have a Verna 1.6 and a VW Polo 1.2 MPI in our garage. Both have their strengths and quirks.

Stepping it up!-img_030700101.jpeg
My current workhorse

Stepping it up!-trip-village-miscellaneous-17501.jpeg
The Aveo U-Va that I shall always cherish

So that's a bit about me!
I look forward to participating actively in our forums and to be of some use in some manner.

Cheers and Stay safe!
MegaWhat
MegaWhat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2020, 10:18   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Stepping it up!

Hi MegaWhat,

Welcome to Team-BHP!

Sharing knowledge and experiences is what this community is all about. In fact, you've summed it up quite nicely.

May be you can join us for a Team-BHP meet-up at one of those hangouts once this Coronavirus thing ends.

Cheers!
TusharK
TusharK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2020, 15:20   #3
BHPian

Re: Stepping it up!

Thanks for the welcome Tushar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post

May be you can join us for a Team-BHP meet-up at one of those hangouts once this Coronavirus thing ends.

Indeed! Hoping for a sustainable and positive end to this lockdown.
Take care!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks