Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2020, 13:13   #1

Reader to member in my second attempt

Dear fellow BHPians

Myself Ashoka from Bengaluru. Have been an avid reader of this great forum from last 7 years(yes 7) and finally I am exited to be on board with my second attempt at registration

A brief introduction about myself:
Born and brought up in Karnataka so i am "Accha Kannadiga"
Currently settled down in Bengaluru. Originally from a small town called Bhadravathi(in Shimoga - a gateway to Malnad region)
Working as a Software professional.

I love trekking and have completed most of the treks down south. Have done 3 himalayan treks so far.

I have been a biker from from college days and have have clocked close to 2l kms so far. Yet very small amount of this is due to touring. Have accumulated all these via commuting all these years.
My previous steeds:
Bikes:
1. Bajaj Chetak(Dad's bike): Loved the acceleration
2. Bajaj Caliber 115(Hodibaba)
3. Suzuki GS150 R: My first purchase

Cars:
1. Premier Padmini with LPG kit: Hoot to drive(of course was not allowed to drive a lot since it was dad's). Gear changing was FUN.

My current garage:
1. Elite i20 Asta(Petrol) 2015 - Blue: TeamBHP's official review helped me in choosing this over my other shortlisted candidate Tata Zest(Blue again). I have had a pleasant ownership experience so far with few memorable trips
Reader to member in my second attempt-elitei20.jpg

2. Bajaj Dominar 2018(Golden alloys) - Blue: I am sucker for Blue and my entire garage now has Blue machines
Ownership threads here and in XBhp helped me seal the deal with Dominar. There was no other contender
Reader to member in my second attempt-dominar.jpg

Now I an thrilled to be part with this wonderful community of like minded souls and share my experience / knowledge

Ride Safe
Ashoka
ashoka_bnglr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st April 2020, 16:59   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Reader to member in my second attempt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashoka_bnglr View Post
Dear fellow BHPians
Myself Ashoka from Bengaluru. Have been an avid reader of this great forum from last 7 years(yes 7) and finally I am exited to be on board with my second attempt at registration
Welcome to TBHP ashoka! Wow, 7 years - you really evaluated the forum for long before taking the plunge didn't you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashoka_bnglr View Post
My previous steeds:
Bikes:
1. Bajaj Chetak(Dad's bike): Loved the acceleration
2. Bajaj Caliber 115(Hodibaba)
3. Suzuki GS150 R: My first purchase
Okay - I skipped a beat there while reading this. I swear.

Here is the 2 wheeler set at my home -
1. Bajaj Super 99 ("The official carrier of the Indian Cricket Fan" edition) - The first vehicle in our family! Dad's beloved scooter that he still maintains.
2. Bajaj Caliber 115 - Star Blue bike - my bike. Now dad rides it as the scooter gives back pain to him. Gem of a machine but needs 5th gear. Insane mileage.
3. Suzuki GS150 R black - My current bike that I service and maintain myself at home including carb reassembly! Since a couple of years very little usage though thanks to my job places.
(All 3 are in perfect running condition and looked after regularly.)

Felt nice to see a similar 2 wheeler tree as me.
Stay safe in these times. See you around mate.

Last edited by Reinhard : 21st April 2020 at 17:00.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2020, 18:21   #3

Re: Reader to member in my second attempt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Welcome to TBHP ashoka! Wow, 7 years - you really evaluated the forum for long before taking the plunge didn't you?
Thanks ReinHard for the warm welcome. Yes it took 4 more years to gather my courage to re-register myself after the first attempt It was well worth the wait I can say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Okay - I skipped a beat there while reading this. I swear.

Here is the 2 wheeler set at my home -
1. Bajaj Super 99 ("The official carrier of the Indian Cricket Fan" edition) - The first vehicle in our family! Dad's beloved scooter that he still maintains.
2. Bajaj Caliber 115 - Star Blue bike - my bike. Now dad rides it as the scooter gives back pain to him. Gem of a machine but needs 5th gear. Insane mileage.
3. Suzuki GS150 R black - My current bike that I service and maintain myself at home including carb reassembly! Since a couple of years very little usage though thanks to my job places.
(All 3 are in perfect running condition and looked after regularly.)
Wow thats so uncanny!! I had the best experience with Caliber 115 through my college days and then the true work horse GS150R. Parted ways at 78K kms. Absolutely gem of an engine and without any major issues throughout. That 6th cog for smooth cruising is unbelievable.
But need for more power is the only reason i upgraded.
ashoka_bnglr is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks