Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2020, 09:23   #1

A member at last!

If you put a boy in front of toys of various styles an varieties, there is a higher probability that he will pick up a car or something akin to a heavy machine. I don't know why that happens or even pretend to understand the psychology behind it, yet this has been found to be a universal truth. I myself am a product of similar mindset. Keep riches in front of me of a million styles, my heart and mind shall go towards the harmony of metal and glass that burns dead dinosaurs which we call cars.

I was born in the year 1992, and 5 years later, my father realised that all I cared about was cars. He probably thought that I might grow out of it and concentrate on my studies, but fast forward to 2020, the year of the plague, the love grows stronger day by day. So much so that I have finally decide to stop just being a reader of this awesome forum, and become a full fledged member. My car history, though might not be the most interesting, I like to think that it is varied.

The vehicles that have been collectively owned by my family are as follows:

• 1998 Maruti 800 DX (It had AC!, such riches, much wow)
• 2001 Maruti Zen (My father still thinks that Maruti is the best car company)
• 2010 Hyundai i20 Asta with, wait for it, a sunroof - Elsa (this is by far one of the rarest vehicles we still own)
• 2013 Ford Ecosport Titanium (O) - Heather (At 95,000 KM the little ford that could is still going strong on its third set of clutch plates, the car is currently being used by a relative)
• 2018 Volkswagen Tiguan Highline - Kevin (A really understated car that is a testament to German Engineering, I shall be putting up an ownership review sometime in the coming future)

I have also owned a few motorcycles, after all what is a petrolhead if he hasn’t sampled all freedom that comes from zooming around on two wheels. If interested:

• 2008 Honda Activa (A staple first scooter for all school going boys in small cities)
• 2010 Yamaha FZ-15 (I still consider it to be one of the best handling bikes sold in the Indian Market, my friends will agree on this with me)
• 2013 KTM Duke (Went like a rocket past 5k RPM, not unlike the current feather weight Duke, people could get hurt back then!)
• 2020 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 - Mriga (First vehicle I purchased from my own savings, this thing holds a special place in my heart)

So, after this brief lesson in the automotive history of one Rohit Nema, I hope that I can continue to be a part of this great website.

Cheers!
r_nema is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 10th April 2020, 15:30   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: A member at last!

Hi Rohit,

Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here.

Looking forward to reading your ownership review of the Tiguan. Along with that, do share pictures of your old rides, and the 2-wheelers as well. Our first car was a 2000 Maruti 800 DX as well. It had a 5-speed gearbox and was finished in green.

Stay safe.
ChiragM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2020, 00:40   #3
BHPian

Re: A member at last!

Welcome to the Forum. Looking forward to your Tiguan ownership review.
I did go to see the car with a friend (He ended up buying the Kodiaq) but didn't get to drive the car as there was no test drive vehicle available and the display vehicle was a comfort-line.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks