Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2020, 00:37   #1
BHPian

An avid Team-BHP reader turns member!

Hello Everyone!

I'm a newbie at the time of writing this post and this thread, is my first thread on Team-Bhp so you can gauge the level of excitement barely controllable inside me. Also, kindly excuse if this post sounds naive, because, "I was actually born (as a T-Bhp member) recently" (Dialogue: Vision, from Avengers: Age of Ultron!)

So, demographically, I'm a Delhi-hite, being born and brought up here. Work wise, I'm a Practicing Corporate & Taxation Lawyer.

Wheels wise, I'm a big fan of Four as well as Two wheels! And this passion goes back to my nascent years where, with limited resources and limited access, I even got to great lengths to make some (really embarrassing) Auto-Diaries containing my favorite vehicles, pictures and information thereof.

I live with my family and currently, the garage holds the following:
  • 2015 VW Vento Diesel High-line (Vanessa)
  • 2018 Hyundai Elite i20 Asta (O) Petrol (Anna)
  • 2013 Hyundai iGen i10 (Petrol+CNG) (Carol)
  • 2017 Tata Tiago XZA (AMT) (Petrol) (Lyanna)
  • 2006 Hyundai Santro Xing (Petrol) (Jane)
  • 2013 Honda CBR 150R (Veronica)
  • Dad's prized 1989 Bajaj Priya 3-geared Scooter (which He calls Mr. 89)

I'm proud of our homogeneous garage.

Auto-Journey: (You can skip it, if you don't wanna get bored/confused)

My dad's two wheeler journey started in 1989 with our Mr. 89 (Bajaj Priya) and his car-journey started out in 1993 with his first car, a pre-worshiped Maruti 800 1st Gen, bought on the day I came into this world (Feeling special). Eventually he upgraded laterally to a Maruti 800 again but Gen 2 with AC in 1998. Kept it for 8 years and got Jane (Our first New Car - Santro) which is being loved even still. Bought a pre-worshiped Santro Xing CNG in 2011 to get a taste of the greener fuel which was sold in 2013. Got a VW Vento Highline Diesel in 2012 (Letty) for highway runs as my brother has frequent work related highway travels. It did 1,68,000 kms by 2018, so it was replaced by another VW Vento Diesel High-line (it's a story for some other time, maybe in an ownership thread). Meanwhile, Carol (i10), Lyanna (Tiago) and Anna (i20) were also purchased and retained.
Veronica (CBR) was bought in 2013 and is my current Love. (That's why the username handle: Archie!). She was the one truly who gave me an ;Eye; for the fun that are Automobiles.

An avid Team-BHP reader turns member!-eye-cbr-150r.jpeg
My Veronica's Eye!

Well, I've gone to ramp on a lot in the introduction thread itself, so let's keep something for this amazing journey to come i.e. TEAM-BHP Forums!

Cheers and Happy driving everyone!

P.S. Got selected as a T-Bhp member not at first, not at second, but at the third attempt. So, words of wisdom to newbies wanting to get in on the action, Perseverance, Determination and Taking-It-Seriously is key!
Archie_27 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th April 2020, 10:44   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: An avid Team-BHP reader turns member!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie_27 View Post
Hello Everyone!

I'm a newbie at the time of writing this post and this thread, is my first thread on Team-Bhp so you can gauge the level of excitement barely controllable inside me. Also, kindly excuse if this post sounds naive, because, "I was actually born (as a T-Bhp member) recently" (Dialogue: Vision, from Avengers: Age of Ultron!)
Welcome to Team-BHP Archie! Glad to have you onboard. Sweet reference to Avengers.

Quote:
Wheels wise, I'm a big fan of Four as well as Two wheels! And this passion goes back to my nascent years where, with limited resources and limited access, I even got to great lengths to make some (really embarrassing) Auto-Diaries containing my favorite vehicles, pictures and information thereof.
Good to know, you'll be right at home here amongst us.

Quote:
I live with my family and currently, the garage holds the following:
  • 2015 VW Vento Diesel High-line (Vanessa)
  • 2018 Hyundai Elite i20 Asta (O) Petrol (Anna)
  • 2013 Hyundai iGen i10 (Petrol+CNG) (Carol)
  • 2017 Tata Tiago XZA (AMT) (Petrol) (Lyanna)
  • 2006 Hyundai Santro Xing (Petrol) (Jane)
  • 2013 Honda CBR 150R (Veronica)
  • Dad's prized 1989 Bajaj Priya 3-geared Scooter (which He calls Mr. 89)
Nice list there. Do pen down ownership reports for these, especially the 1989 Bajaj Priya!

Quote:
P.S. Got selected as a T-Bhp member not at first, not at second, but at the third attempt. So, words of wisdom to newbies wanting to get in on the action, Perseverance, Determination and Taking-It-Seriously is key!
Like they say, never say never. Good to see you keep it up and not give up. Before you begin, do take a look at the rules once.
blackwasp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2020, 22:52   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Nice list there. Do pen down ownership reports for these, especially the 1989 Bajaj Priya!.
Hahaha! I'll surely attempt at penning it down some time. But for that, I will need to take a long journey through time with my father as that Scooter is older than I am .

And thank you for your kind words. I surely am gonna enjoy here.
Archie_27 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2020, 12:20   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome to the forum @Archie_27. Drool-worthy garage there. Enjoy. I hope you have interest in the mechanicals and electricals. Thats a diverse car collection and if one likes to get the hands and knees dirty & fiddle with things - you really have the best cars for that in your set. Have fun with you can! Very British & Italian names all of them. Interesting. Naming also reflects on your love towards the cars as a part of the family rather than a transport mode. Nice!

Wish you & your family safe times right now. Take care. See you around mate.
Old 21st April 2020, 03:10   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Welcome to the forum @Archie_27. Drool-worthy garage there. ......

Wish you & your family safe times right now. Take care. See you around mate.
Well thank you for the kind words Reinhard. I have some interest in tinkering around with the mechanicals and electricals, & will gain more experience in that department with the help of the forum.
And yeah, naming the vehicles is one of the best things I've done. It makes me feel closer to them. And agreed by your words, they're not just a medium for transportation but an epitome of exhilaration!

Cheers and Happy Driving!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks