Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2020, 20:19   #1
BHPian

Been idling since 2015, finally in 'D' in 2020

Hello "Passionate(s)"!

Been a part of this interactive encyclopedia of Automobiles (read Team-BHP) since 2015, but was never really active. All these years, however, I have enjoyed looking at the "got bhp?" and "LIVE TO DRIVE" stickers on other vehicles and felt an untold connect with the fellow drivers, hoping he/she would feel the same looking at the sticker on my vehicle. For all my queries, this has been my go to place, and a quick search fetched almost everything I wanted.

I am an Auto Enthusiast at heart, and an Automobile Engineer by profession. Turned on basically by anything and everything that is on wheels, or has an engine, even if it is something like a diesel genset or a shopping cart. My parents tell me, at the age of two or three, one day, I ignored them and ran towards a parked milky white Ambassador, and rubbed my cheeks against it as a gesture of affection. What i still remember is, whenever we were asked to write "Aim in life" essays at school, it has always been about being an Automobile Engineer. Learnt the basics of riding a motorbike in the fifth standard on our Hero Honda Splendor, and finally got my hands on our 2004 Maruti Zen LXI in the seventh standard. However, I would not support such illegal activities today! :-P Choosing between two wheels and four wheels is a difficilt task for me even today, as it remains a battle between the heart and the heart!

In 2015, after a stint of barely four months in the auto claims department of an insurance company, which, by the way, was a campus placement, I quickly moved to a Japanese two wheeler manufacturer, which has always invoked passion and revved the hearts of their customers. From there, I moved to India's largest commercial vehicles manufacturer, where I got to understand how huge an organisation can be. Currently I am working with the world's largest Japanese car manufacturer and unlearning a lot of things in order to get aligned to the new culture. The job roles have predominantly been in after-sales in my career.

I am addicted to music and good food. Apart from Automobiles and music, I derive peace from Nature!

Below is the link to a project I took up during college, which even otherwise had always been a dream to me. More details are available in pages 42 and 43 of the attached pdf document. In case anybody is interested to convert their vehicles to fully electric, I would be happy to furnish all the technical calculations involved in it.

https://www.scoopwhoop.com/Boy-From-...-Drive-It-Yet/

Before I drop a gear and disappear, I would like to thank everyone associated with Team-BHP for making this beautiful community what it is today, and what it has been over the past years. I hope to contribute whenever possible.

Take car-e and drive car-efully!

Thanks & Regards,

Shankha Mukherjee (pronounced Shawnkhow)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Kolkata On Wheels July Issue - 2015.pdf (10.68 MB, 495 views)
shankha007 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 10:38   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Been idling since 2015, finally in 'D' in 2020

Welcome Shankha! Awesome intro title .

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankha007 View Post
My parents tell me, at the age of two or three, one day, I ignored them and ran towards a parked milky white Ambassador, and rubbed my cheeks against it as a gesture of affection.
You sure know how to write. I look forward to some threads / ownership reports / travelogues from you.

Quote:
Currently I am working with the world's largest Japanese car manufacturer and unlearning a lot of things in order to get aligned to the new culture. The job roles have predominantly been in after-sales in my career.
Lucky to be working where your passion is. Hope you can share some industry perspectives on the many hot + healthy debates we have.

Quote:
Below is the link to a project I took up during college, which even otherwise had always been a dream to me.
How about a detailed thread on this? With pics & full technical details? Our Assembly Line forum would be the best place to start.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 19:22   #3
BHPian

Re: Been idling since 2015, finally in 'D' in 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Welcome Shankha! Awesome intro title .

You sure know how to write. I look forward to some threads / ownership reports / travelogues from you.
Thank you so much GTO!

I would try to be active and contribute as much as possible.

Quote:
Lucky to be working where your passion is. Hope you can share some industry perspectives on the many hot + healthy debates we have.
To be very honest, the status of placements in the Eastern part of the country is not in a healthy state, and the fun begins if the student is from a private institution. However, I had no other option, since the only two colleges that offered a B.Tech. in Automobile Engineering in West Bengal, were private. The only company that visited our department for placements was the insurance company I mentioned about in my previous post. I knew I had to get in, since hunting for a job as a fresher is like driving a car with a leaking sump in the middle of nowhere. You know you are going to get screwed sooner or later, but you cannot stop! Joined reluctantly as a loss assessor and was alright for the first couple of months, since all I was doing was attend trainings. All hell broke loose when our VP Claims told us engineer trainees, "From today onwards, forget that you are Automobile Engineers!" (awkward silence) "From now on you all are Insurance professionals!". And that was it, the last nail in the tyre. I buckled up and instead of changing the punctured tyre, changed the entire rim itself, and switched industries. It was possible because of an off-campus interview that I had attended during my 8th semester. Being a Japanese company, they followed the January to December cycle, and took a while before I got the final call. Since then, things somewhat got into place.

Yes, "hot + healthy" debates are always fun and at the end of the day, we get to learn. The real MPV war has started and is about to get worse!

Quote:
How about a detailed thread on this? With pics & full technical details? Our Assembly Line forum would be the best place to start.
I definitely would love to get the bits and pieces together and post all the detail in a few weeks.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks