Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2019, 22:47   #1
Senior - BHPian

Onboard, finally!

Hello there! Glad to finally be a part of this crew! Thank you mods!

My name is Skanda and I'm a class 12 science student from Bangalore, though currently finishing highschool elsewhere. I've been stalking these forums for the past five years without having the inclination to join up-I didn't think I'd fit in, being so young!

My passion is cars(!). I also like to play football and have an occasional badminton match, but my current hobby is to draw cars and their parts. I've attached a little sample somewhere here.

I love sedans (I can't say no to German cars of any body type though). My most favourite being the Ford iKon. We owned two Ford iKon(1.6 NXT/1.3 Flair) consecutively, a long time back. I loved the iKon so much that when I was six, I got into an argument with my apartment friends (they were twice my age, for the record) about it being a better drivers' car than their Corolla. Needless to say, I was bullied for quite a while in ways you wouldn't imagine

So anyway, I'm turning 18 next week and can't wait to apply for a learner's license! I've driven my grandfather's M800, our i10 (now sold) and our current ride- the Rapid (in open grounds, with an adult of course).

Some of my favourite threads on team bhp are the DIYs
(Gannu rocks!), travelogues, meets and ownership reports (Mr. Sam Kapasi!). I've read lots of interesting threads from great writers here and I'm really looking forward to interacting with all of you and learning a lot while contributing as much as I can.

Thank you for having the patience to read my rather long introduction. Rant over
TheHelix0202 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th September 2019, 23:04   #2
BHPian

re: Onboard, finally!

Welcome aboard, Skanda! Glad to see more people of my age group being part of the forum (I'm 16 and in the 11th grade)

I love playing football too and my most favourite car is the Ford Ikon too! The Ikon 1.3 EXI in Paprika Red was dad's first car and I spent almost my entire childhood with the Ikon. I've got into a fight with my friend who had a white Corolla back then on which was the better car (but no bullying here, as the friend is the same age as me).Lots of similarities between us. I accepted defeat after being driven around in his Corolla though, the car just felt too premium compared to the Ikon, but the Ikon would blow the Corolla away when it comes to driving pleasure!I stil kiss the Ikon the most of all the cars we've owned/sold.

Anyways, see you around the forum, fellow Ikon fan! And don't forget to go through the rules multiple times!

Regards
Prathik

Last edited by Prathiiik : 7th September 2019 at 23:13. Reason: I
Prathiiik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2019, 00:00   #3
Senior - BHPian

re: Onboard, finally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prathiiik View Post
Welcome aboard, Skanda! Glad to see more people of my age group being part of the forum (I'm 16 and in the 11th grade)
Thanks mate! Most of my friends can't tell the difference between a Hyundai and a Honda! They just don't care enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prathiiik View Post

I love playing football too and my most favourite car is the Ford Ikon too! The Ikon 1.3 EXI in Paprika Red was dad's first car and I spent almost my entire childhood with the Ikon. I've got into a fight with my friend who had a white Corolla back then on which was the better car (but no bullying here, as the friend is the same age as me).Lots of similarities between us. I accepted defeat after being driven around in his Corolla though, the car just felt too premium compared to the Ikon, but the Ikon would blow the Corolla away when it comes to driving pleasure!I stil kiss the Ikon the most of all the cars we've owned/sold.
That's so cool! Do you have any pictures of your iKon? We'd unfortunately sold off the 1.6 ZXi after a year as maintenance costs were sky-high in 2004-2005. The 1.3 ZXi was also sold off after an accident in 2008. Luckily all four of us in the family escaped unharmed, thanks to the seatbelts.

P.S- The images I tried to upload in the original post didn't do so. So I'll try uploading them here again.
Note- I love understated German cars with clean lines. Hence my attempt at a Skoda wagon.
Attached Thumbnails
Onboard, finally!-20190907_202309.jpg  

Onboard, finally!-20190907_210218.jpg  

Onboard, finally!-20190907_210227.jpg  

Onboard, finally!-20190907_210306.jpg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 9th September 2019 at 19:40. Reason: Rotating 3 pics :)
TheHelix0202 is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks