Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2019, 11:39   #1
BHPian

Come say Hi

Friends, countrymen, Bhpians lend me your ears

Hi I am Raghav based out of Bangalore. Growing I moved all over the country and feel privileged to have got the chance to get of taste of all various cultures. It also had the added perk of having travelled to some of the most pristine places in India.

I was an oddball in a family of commerce graduates and bankers. Taking an early interest in vehicles. Starting with the humble cycle. I just loved riding my Atlas fixie and tinkering with it. As I grew up I became more fond of two wheelers and four wheelers.

Fast forward a couple of years and I am studying mechanical engineering in college. In final year project I designed and fabricated a solar powered sterling engine. It was culmination of years of love which I was able to fulfill at last.
Fast forward few more years and I circled back to my first love again. The humble bicycle.

Apart from cycles and all things mechanical. I am a budding guitarist and love to read. I hope to learn from all the distinguished members of Team-BHP and also have a good time along with it.

Thanks for the patient read

Cheers!
Raghav

Last edited by Rehaan : 3rd September 2019 at 12:51. Reason: Please always use a space after periods & commas, and never before. Thanks & welcome aboard! :)
babayaga is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2019, 15:03   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Come say Hi

A Keanu Reeves fan eh? I forget the name of his latest rip-roaring franchise with sequels and everything...but i remember the "baba yaga" reference from those movies.

I love the fact that you are a guitarist and that you actually read. In this day and age, for someone to read a book (forget about plural) seems rare. I'm hearing that books and ebooks aren't selling as well as they used to while more and more people get hooked to streaming content, what with better internet speeds and reduced attention spans. Keep the flag flying brother, maybe there is hope for the movement yet!
locusjag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2019, 18:56   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
A Keanu Reeves fan eh? I forget the name of his latest rip-roaring franchise with sequels and everything...but i remember the "baba yaga" reference from those movies.
Thanks locusjag for the kind words. John Wick is the name of the franchise. Hope to interact with you soon in the forums
babayaga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2019, 11:05   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babayaga View Post
Hi I am Raghav based out of Bangalore. Growing I moved all over the country and feel privileged to have got the chance to get of taste of all various cultures.
Welcome to Team-BHP Raghav! While living in multiple places in India is a fun aspect, I hated the frequent moves and eventually cut down on my stuff so I didn't need to pack much.

Quote:
Fast forward a couple of years and I am studying mechanical engineering in college. In final year project I designed and fabricated a solar powered sterling engine.
Interesting, do share some pictures as well as tell us about how it works.

Quote:
It was culmination of years of love which I was able to fulfill at last.
Fast forward few more years and I circled back to my first love again. The humble bicycle.
We have a thread on cycles (link). Lots of cycle discussions take place there.

Quote:
Apart from cycles and all things mechanical. I am a budding guitarist and love to read.
Once again, welcome onboard. Looking forward to you posts. Do take a look at the rules once before you begin.
blackwasp is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2019, 09:18   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Welcome to Team-BHP Raghav! While living in multiple places in India is a fun aspect, I hated the frequent moves and eventually cut down on my stuff so I didn't need to pack much.
Interesting, do share some pictures as well as tell us about how it works.

Thanks blackwasp for the warm welcome. Here is the link which explains the basics of Stirling engine. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stirling_engine

Basically the design was ,the cylinder was sealed and contained a certain volume of air. The cylinder contained a piston in it. As air got heated up and expansion occurred the piston would move upwards. The piston in turn is connected to a flywheel. Due to the increase in volume the air would cool down and the cycle continue. We coupled the engine with a mini generator and were able to generate a minuscule 2W output.

The heat source for the engine was solar energy. We had a parabolic reflector which was designed and fabricated by us too. It would concentrate the solar energy to heat up the engine. We were able to achieve temperature in excess of 180 degree C using this.

Hope you have fun reading about it. I will share the pics soon. Will take some time to dig around from the old archives. It was many moons ago that I had worked on this .

Regards,
babayaga
babayaga is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks