Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2007, 22:17   #1

Greetings from Hong Kong

Hi all

I'm Calvin hailing from Hong Kong, introduced to Team-BHP by ajmat, another grumpy almost old man (his words...) and a colleague.

Currently I own a 06 Polo GTI (9N3) and a 78 MGB. Previous cars had been an FSO Polonez and a Ford Ka.

Motoring interest wise, not a big speed freak (as you can probably guess from my previous cars, or even the current ones), preferring nice long & winding roads. My current dream car is something along the lines of a Morgan or Jag XK140, although I'm actually a fan of the Ambassador (only sat in them, never driven one, nor would I want to, so I'm told).

Other interests include scuba diving, photography, gadgets, winding people up & saving my soul .

Looking forward to interacting with you folks here!
Old 9th February 2007, 22:31   #2
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
although I'm actually a fan of the Ambassador
Soooo, you're the one who saw my Amby last evening?
Quote:
(only sat in them, never driven one, nor would I want to, so I'm told).
Actually it's not that bad, you know!! I can really talk about it.

Welcome to TBHP.
Old 9th February 2007, 22:53   #3

Sooo, that was your car I saw last night! I think the rear wiper is a nice touch!! I heard you've put in a lot of work restoring it - I'd love to see it close up one day.
Old 9th February 2007, 23:08   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromodoris View Post
................and a colleague.

Currently I own a 06 Polo GTI (9N3) and a 78 MGB. Previous cars had been an FSO Polonez and a Ford Ka.Other interests include scuba diving, photography, gadgets, winding people up & saving my soul .

Looking forward to interacting with you folks here!
A few grumpy words about Calvin

He is passionate about worms...of the IT kind but also passionate about birds with brand new BMW 325's. His soul has been saved from the Polonez!!!!!

He is too wide for a Ferrai Scagletti (too much biriyani in Bangalore) so settled for an MGB

He is semi-desi having lived in India for six months. Everytime he visits Bangalore, he brings some form of impending disaster, so next time you need a bandh or a change of government..call him!!!!

Anyway welcome on board and do share the saga of the MGB
Old 9th February 2007, 23:13   #5
Senior - BHPian

hey dude welcome to the forum...Hope to see a lot from your side(HONG KONG)..pics,write-ups etc...
Old 9th February 2007, 23:41   #6
Senior - BHPian

Well seems like the Group of Grumpy Old Men is growing by the day

Welcome to the forum Calvin, do tell us more about your MGB and thank God you no longer have the Polonez! Looking forward to seeing more of you around here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
but also passionate about birds with brand new BMW 325's.
P.S. Eh? Care to elaborate some?!!
Old 10th February 2007, 00:16   #7
Senior - BHPian

Damn, I read it as "Greetings from King Kong" !!! Guess Im ageing!!!

Welcome aboard, have a great stay here chromodoris...By the way whats up with the name??

p.s: You have to look at Rudra sirs amby, you know why? you might just get tempted to buy one!!!
And if you do, you might just become a celebrity in Hong Kong!!! Aint that easy??

Last edited by The Wolf : 10th February 2007 at 00:18.
Old 10th February 2007, 10:50   #8

Thanks for all your warm welcome, I have no doubt I'll have a great time here.
Quote:
By the way whats up with the name??
Complicated... Chromodoris is a genus of sea slugs. When I first started using this as a sign-in name, the particular creature I had in mind was one of these:

However, since that time this has been reclassified and is actually now under Hypselodoris but Chromodoris got stuck. The reason why I have a fascination with this particular species is because it's called a bullockii which I think is hilarious...

Quote:
you might just get tempted to buy one
I've actually looked into that! The only way I could get one in is if I get one that's really old (say, over 20 years, as a classic car) thus exempt from all the emission/safety requirements which wasn't in place back then.

Quote:
Care to elaborate some?!!
Well, I'm working on that - my last gf's family has a Porsche, a Lotus, an M6, X5, 3something cabrio and a Jag but she only drives a Yaris... my current gf's just bought a 323i so I'm getting real close to a bird with a 325!! The search continues...

As for the Polonaz, stop dissing it! - I'll have you know I managed to get over 100mph out of that once. Granted, it was downhill with prevailing wind but I bet not a lot of owners can claim that! :-)

Quote:
Everytime he visits Bangalore, he brings some form of impending disaster
and leaves just before it actually happens...

The MG... I found it languishing in a garage and bought it. It's getting real close to finishing (currently under restoration)... when it's done I'll write up a little 'chronicle' and let you guys know. You'll find a little photo diary at http://www.fototime.com/users/cjwlist@yahoo.com/MG-B (and if you look on the left hand side menu you'll find lots of pictures of cars, mostly classic cars and VWs, including pictures from the Haynes motor museum in the UK).

Last edited by Rehaan : 11th February 2007 at 04:47. Reason: Max 2 smileys please.
Old 10th February 2007, 10:59   #9
Senior - BHPian

Hello and welcome chromodoris. Enjoy the forums and keep us updated with the King Kong.. oops Hong Kong auto scene

Another old man joins the bandwagon
Old 12th February 2007, 00:20   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey,
welcome aboard and enjoy your stay here.
Cheers
Old 12th February 2007, 00:41   #11
Senior - BHPian

Welcome Chromo...enjoy your Stay here and is it to early to say KUNG HAI FAT CHOY!! well if it is, heres greetings to u in advance.Also keep us updated with the car scenario in HK.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks