Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2019, 19:05   #1
BHPian

Hey Guys!

Hey guys,

I was really happy when I got the mail with the subject line Membership Approved. It feels nice to be a part of a community with people who share similar interests.

I've been going through multiple threads over the past few months and then decided to join in the fun. My name is Rajat. I live in Bangalore and bought my first car in 2007. It was a Pre-Worshiped Hyundai Accent. It was a really cool car back then with the rear antenna coming up every time you switch on the stereo system.

After that, I bought a Ford Fiesta diesel in 2010. That is the car which I had for a really long time. I drove around 60000 kms with that before passing it on to my brother, who further added another 80000 kms to the odometer bringing the grand total to 1,40,000 km. It is the highest we have driven on any of our cars.

In 2013 I picked up the VW Jetta, which had been a dream car of mine. I picked up a Highline manual (I still kick myself for not buying the DSG). That one lasted with us for only 2 years as I really wanted to get an automatic because of the traffic situation in Bangalore. That's when I went ahead and bought myself a pre-worshiped BMW 7 Series 730Ld which had driven just 9000 KMS (I'll do a full review soon).

Then I had do buy another small car. VW Polo was the best one around at the time. A car which doesn't seem to age at all. Unlike the i20 which I felt aged horribly and was afraid that the Elite will do the same.

I hope to contribute by adding my two bits of knowledge to the community.

Mod Note: Please proof read your post before you submit.

Last edited by ampere : 22nd June 2019 at 19:26. Reason: Formatted for grammar and punctuation
BMvW.Rajat is offline   (6) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 22nd June 2019, 19:31   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hey Guys!

Welcome Rajat to the forum. Great to have you here. Will look forward to your ownership of the Jetta. Its a timeless car which never ceases to age in its look and appeal.

Do stop by the introduction board and please get familiar with the rules. The forum takes a very strict stand on posts being correctly structured and articulated. After all once written they would be etched for eternity. So, we might as well do it right!

Welcome once again and see you around!
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2019, 19:54   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMvW.Rajat View Post
Hey guys,
Hey Rajat, welcome to the forum!

You went from an Accent to a 7-Series in ~8 years? Wow, that is very very impressive! I'm certainly looking forward to your review of the luxo barge. Please do post an ownership thread for the same.

Wish you a happy time here!

Last edited by boniver : 22nd June 2019 at 19:56. Reason: grammar
boniver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2019, 11:32   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Welcome Rajat to the forum. Great to have you here. Will look forward to your ownership of the Jetta. Its a timeless car which never ceases to age in its look and appeal.

Do stop by the introduction board and please get familiar with the rules. The forum takes a very strict stand on posts being correctly structured and articulated. After all once written they would be etched for eternity. So, we might as well do it right!

Welcome once again and see you around!
Hey thanks for that. I'll do an ownership review of the Jetta for sure as I still have lots of pictures of the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boniver View Post
Hey Rajat, welcome to the forum!

You went from an Accent to a 7-Series in ~8 years? Wow, that is very very impressive! I'm certainly looking forward to your review of the luxo barge. Please do post an ownership thread for the same.

Wish you a happy time here!
Thank you! The first thing I'm going to do is the ownership thread for the 7 and how I ended up with this beauty.
BMvW.Rajat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2019, 05:29   #5
BHPian

Welcome to the forum Rajat. You have some awesome collection of cars. Please post some customary pictures of the 7 Series while we wait for your full review.
Old 26th June 2019, 12:29   #6
BHPian

This is a picture I already had on my phone.

The 3 Series belongs to my brother, the E 250 is my dad's daily driver and the 7 is mine.

Hey Guys!-20190626_122233.jpg

We own 2 more cars that you can't see in the pic.

A detailed thread of the 7 is coming up soon.

Last edited by moralfibre : 26th June 2019 at 12:30.
BMvW.Rajat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2019, 19:35   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMvW.Rajat View Post
Accent to BMW 7 series.[/b]
Wow, this is amazing. Such a short span of time and what a meteoric cataclysmic shift.

Waiting for your bmw review dude.

Also pls post some pics.
Lalvaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks