Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2019, 14:06   #1

Here I am and this is me...

Greetings to fellow enthusiasts! I am Sunit- a 32 year old technocrat from Mumbai.

Passion for automobiles first began since the day our first family car Maruti Suzuki Zen drove into our lives in 1999. Like many here, I learnt driving on a Maruti and my subsequent love for cars can be associated to my initial ownership experience with Maruti Suzuki Zen. I pretty much lived my evenings in that car as a youngster. As soon as dad would be back from work he would toss the keys to me!

Ever since I have been able to afford a car by myself I have been a firm believer in reaping benefits of a pre-worshiped vehicle. Thanks to this philosophy I have been lucky to own some special cars:

1. Honda City VTEC Type 2. Bought in 2007. Still in ownership with my dad and will be passed on to my nephew once he turns 18. The car has clocked 77,000 KMs. My nephew has been wanting my car since he was a 10 year old and he will turn 18 the next year. The best car I have owned. It is easy and yet fun to drive with a beautiful engine and precise handling.Happy to keep it in the family!
2. Fiat Punto 1.3. Bought as a beater car in 2008 and sold in 2016. Sold after 1.5 lac KMs of reliability from the Fiat 1.3 Diesel.
3. VW Jetta TDI 2.0. Bought in 2016. Got it at a amazing bargain deal from unsold repository. Sold reluctantly at 24,000 KMs before I relocated to Australia in 2017.
4. First Gen Honda Civic recently handed over by a friend on my recent return to India. The car has clocked 61,000 KMs. The car is well maintained and the friend happened to buy a Ford Figo diesel recently for city commute. Needless to say I was happy to oblige and bought the Civic off him. I have been enjoying pushing the pedal to the metal and the lustful pull by the engine between 2200-3500 rpm. The car is in stock condition. I am planning to change the suspension setup to TRW as is the case with my City VTEC.

Of all the cars I have owned Jetta probably is the only car that would qualify as feature loaded with new age tech and gizmos - not discounting the fact that it still was a great car to drive! While I am a techie when it comes to car I am old school - give me a car with a good engine and handling and I am all smiles!

Few more thoughts I usually do not get to share in the outside world with as much freedom:

1. If I were to own one dream car then that would be the Ferrari 250 GT California Spyder. Timeless design, it is a work of art, and the short wheel base version is apparently a hoot to drive. V12 combined with amazing handling - dream!
2. One car I rue not buying when I had the opportunity to buy one in India - pre-worshiped Chevrolet Cruze - First gen. The turbo kick on that car is addictive! The heart wanted it but head did not agree on buying one outside warranty. I still insist on driving a friend's 2010 Cruze for road trips. The car still manages to get my heart pumping!
3. Car on my mind for near future - fun to drive diesel in form pre-worshiped Maruti Suzuki S-Cross 1.6. I would have loved to buy a Skoda Octavia in Diesel form but having acquired the Civic I would prefer a hatchback as the second car.
4. Big fan of holy trinity of automotive media world - Clarkson, Hammond and May. Sad to see The Grand Tour transition into a travelogue from season 4.

Outside cars I love following Football, travelling with my better half and watching Rock/Metal acts live around the world while the music form is still in existence. My all time favorite road song is Wherever I May Roam by Metallica and also the inspiration to my profile name WIMR!

I am happy to add my first post on Team-BHP! It means a lot to me be part of this amazing forum. See you all around.
WIMR is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th June 2019, 10:30   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Here I am and this is me...

Hi Sunit,

Welcome to Team-BHP. Good to have you here. That's quite an introduction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIMR View Post
Ever since I have been able to afford a car by myself I have been a firm believer in reaping benefits of a pre-worshiped vehicle. Thanks to this philosophy I have been lucky to own some special cars
Tell me about it. Buying pre-owned helps you save quite a bit. Some amazing wheels are available at low prices. I am myself a firm believer in buying used.

Quote:
1. Honda City VTEC Type 2. ...
2. Fiat Punto 1.3. ...
3. VW Jetta TDI 2.0. ...
4. First Gen Honda Civic ...
There's some decent stuff in that list. We would love to have detailed ownership reviews of these.

Quote:
when it comes to car I am old school - give me a car with a good engine and handling and I am all smiles!
Many of us are like that. I am not a fan of electric / electronic wizardry. I prefer a well sorted chassis and suspension.

Quote:
2. One car I rue not buying when I had the opportunity to buy one in India - pre-worshiped Chevrolet Cruze - First gen. The turbo kick on that car is addictive! The heart wanted it but head did not agree on buying one outside warranty. I still insist on driving a friend's 2010 Cruze for road trips. The car still manages to get my heart pumping!
A legendary car if you ask me. I drove one or rather enjoyed one on many highway trips back in 2009 - 2010. Addictive indeed!

Quote:
4. Big fan of holy trinity of automotive media world - Clarkson, Hammond and May. Sad to see The Grand Tour transition into a travelogue from season 4.
Many are trying to replicate these three and failing. It just shows their awesome chemistry.

Quote:
Outside cars I love following Football, travelling with my better half and watching Rock/Metal acts live around the world while the music form is still in existence. My all time favorite road song is Wherever I May Roam by Metallica and also the inspiration to my profile name WIMR!
You find threads of interest across the forum that relate to your interests.

Please take some time to go through the posting rules of Team-BHP.

See you on the forum.
Old 11th June 2019, 18:05   #3

Re: Here I am and this is me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Hi Sunit,

Welcome to Team-BHP. Good to have you here. That's quite an introduction.
Thanks Aditya for the warm welcome!

Quote:
There's some decent stuff in that list. We would love to have detailed ownership reviews of these.
Sure. I intend to put up detailed ownership reviews in near future.

Quote:
Many of us are like that. I am not a fan of electric / electronic wizardry. I prefer a well sorted chassis and suspension.
Well said. The fact that cars like Fiat Punto Abarth have gone unnoticed shows that the consumer today does not value pure driving experience as much as value for money in terms of features/tech wizardry.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks