Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2019, 03:50   #1
BHPian

Knock knock, hello BHPians!

I have been lurking around Team-BHP for the past two years including two feeble attempts to register. Finally, I have been accepted (third time lucky) and I hope I would be able to abide by the immaculate standard maintained.

Hello folks, this is Dwaipayan Chatterjee, 38 years young, presently residing in Gurgaon. My native place is in the suburbs of Calcutta but my formative years were spent at New Bongaigaon, a sleepy little railway township in Assam. Disadvantage of living in such a small place was the lack of Automobiles among family and neighbours. My only exposure was the Ambassador Taxi ride during yearly visits to Calcutta.

Long story short, unlike most BHPians, I had little interest and knowledge about cars as a kid or youth (except the odd glance at Porsche 911s or Lamborghini Muras in Magazines). Rather I spent my time reading books (fictions), Quizzing, following a lot of sports and playing a few of them too.

The story remained the same during graduation years in Guwahati and early professional years in Delhi. Then I moved to Noida and the total lack of public transport resulted in me acquiring a Honda Activa. A fuss-free way of getting from point a to b but nothing much else.

Then midlife crisis struck and I got married. Madame's hatred for Helmet plus the dangerous Gurgaon roads made me look for a 4-wheeler. Like all wise men, I started googling/browsing internet. One website stood out in every aspect and that was Team-BHP. Unbiased reviews, logical discussions and what not, Team-BHP became a part of daily routine.

On professional front, I possess a degree in Electrical engineering and has been involved in the design engineering in buildings and infrastructure sector. Trivia- I was associated with the Gautam Budh international Circuit design too.

I have a Dzire VXI amt 2018 and a Honda Activa 2012 in my garage. Looking forward to a long association.
DaptChatterjee is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th May 2019, 09:53   #2
BHPian

Re: Knock knock, hello BHPians!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaptChatterjee View Post
I have been lurking around Team-BHP for the past two years including two feeble attempts to register. Finally, I have been accepted (third time lucky) and I hope I would be able to abide by the immaculate standard maintained.
Welcome to TEAM-BHP DaptChatterjee.

Quote:
Hello folks, this is Dwaipayan Chatterjee, 38 years young, presently residing in Gurgaon. My native place is in the suburbs of Calcutta but my formative years were spent at New Bongaigaon, a sleepy little railway township in Assam.
Great to know that you were in Assam for quite a long time. Over the years Bongaigaon has changed. It is now packed with cars. Even finding parking space in market becomes difficult. Though I am from Guwahati, I particularly like this town due to its proximity to Bhutan.

Let me know, when you are in Calcutta. Shall plan a meet then.
SamitMukherjee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2019, 00:08   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamitMukherjee View Post
Welcome to TEAM-BHP DaptChatterjee.

Over the years Bongaigaon has changed. It is now packed with cars. Even finding parking space in market becomes difficult.

Let me know, when you are in Calcutta. Shall plan a meet then.
Thanks.

Yes, both Guwahati and Bongaigaon have become very congested.

I'll definitely let you know. I may time my visit to coincide with a Team-BHP meet.
Old 9th May 2019, 21:51   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to Team-BHP DaptChatterjee. Looking forward to interacting with you on the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaptChatterjee View Post
On professional front, I possess a degree in Electrical engineering and has been involved in the design engineering in buildings and infrastructure sector. Trivia- I was associated with the Gautam Budh international Circuit design too.
Wow! Working on the BIC project must've been an interesting experience.
TusharK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2019, 22:46   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Welcome to Team-BHP DaptChatterjee. Looking forward to interacting with you on the forum.

Wow! Working on the BIC project must've been an interesting experience.
Thanks, It indeed was. Legendary Hermann Tilke and his team were the main designers.

I found out that a race track circuit is not only a track but lots of buildings like Main Grand Stand (a 5 storey building below the stands), Pit Building, Medical Center, Media Center etc too. A pity that it was removed from the formula one calendar.
DaptChatterjee is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks