Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2007, 13:39   #1
BHPian

Hello

Hi. I am Kousik; lurking in this forum for past few days, and finally decided to respond to the invitation banner "why not make your first post today" ...

So here goes. I started with a Yamaha RXZ (1999) (yes without that catalytic converter). I used to love the way the front wheel lifts off in air when starting from a signal. Then I got married, and bought a Maruti Wagon-R (2001). Then I gained a lot of weight , and exchanged the Yamaha for a Bajaj Avenger (early 2006). And the recent acquisition is a Toyota Innova, which is just a few day's old.

I work as a software engineer in B'lore.

On automotive side, I keep tab of things under the hood, but not in as much detail I'd like to. My other hobbies include network security and hacking, nature photography and traveling. I run a blog on my hobbies at Hacking | Photography | Bird-Watching and have a travel/photography blog at “Kousik & Sumana’s Travel Ventures”

Cheers,
Kousik
Old 4th January 2007, 15:30   #2
Senior - BHPian

@kousik welcome to team BHP. enjoy your stay here. do go throught the rules of posting.

nice collection of rides. by the way u a bong?

take care and drive safe
Old 4th January 2007, 15:56   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
So here goes. I started with a Yamaha RXZ (1999) (yes without that catalytic converter). I used to love the way the front wheel lifts off in air when starting from a signal. Then I got married, and bought a Maruti Wagon-R (2001). Then I gained a lot of weight , and exchanged the Yamaha for a Bajaj Avenger (early 2006). And the recent acquisition is a Toyota Innova, which is just a few day's old.
Man, how lifes many stages influence your automotive choices. Welcome aboard!
Old 4th January 2007, 16:12   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Man, how lifes many stages influence your automotive choices. Welcome aboard!
stages and sizes too. Hi & welcome kousik
Old 4th January 2007, 18:09   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
do go throught the rules of posting.
Yeah sure! That's primary requirement of any forum, I understand.
Quote:
nice collection of rides. by the way u a bong?
Thank you. Yup, /me is a hardcore bong :-)
Old 4th January 2007, 23:00   #6
BHPian

hey bro .. welcome to Team-bhp .. nice to know the transitions you've gone through in terms of vehicles .. you're into quite a few interesting things too .. way to go!! about keeping a tab on things under the hood .. wait and get addicted to cars in general .. soon .. real soon .. post on man .. take care
Old 4th January 2007, 23:20   #7
BHPian

Welcome aboard Kausik
Thats some change in needs as you pass through different phases. Is that a Diesel Innova or Petrol Innova you own ? There is a couple of hot discussion in this area on the forum over the last few days.
Old 5th January 2007, 14:01   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreenivass View Post
Is that a Diesel Innova or Petrol Innova you own ? There is a couple of hot discussion in this area on the forum over the last few days.
Well it is a 7seat G4 Diesel. As with any decision in life, we kept debating at home for long hours whether we're choosing the best oil. Now we are beyond that, so looking forward to next long weekend and a journey of 1000 kms ...
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks