Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2017, 18:50   #1

Finally onboard!

Hi All. This is Anurag this side. Reaching the age of 30 very soon! Have been an avid follower of Team BHP for almost 7 years now and finally have been able to secure the elusive membership! Every time I tried to register, there was an automated mail denying my membership! I think it happened to me 3 times and each time it took me the courage to re apply after a gap of 2-3 years! Finally had to drop a note on the website and then GTO came to my aid! Thanks a ton GTO!

I am a Management Consultant by profession but have loved cars since childhood. I also had a hobby to help my uncle restore Vintage Cars at his Garage (Krishna Motor Garage) in Connaught Place, Delhi. All my cars are still serviced by Uncle Gyan at KMG and I keep visiting him regularly!

I stumbled upon Team BHP while searching for my 1st car and have been a stalker ever since.

My mother owns the infamous Opel Corsa 1.4L GLS (~1 Lakh on the ODO) while I drive the VW Polo 1.2L TDi Trendline (~3 Lakh on the ODO)! The last car in the family is a Honda Brio 1.2L SMT (~40K on the ODO).

Looking forward to acquire the Tata Nexon 1.5L Revotorq Diesel AMT. Have been patiently waiting to purchase this car for almost 2 years now and the last 2 months are looking like another 2!

Looking forward to make my contribution to this wonderful community!

Cheers,
A.V.
anuragverma666 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 27th December 2017, 10:49   #2
BHPian

Re: Finally onboard!

Welcome to the forum Anurag.
With cars in your stable that have clocked 3 lakhs and 1 lakh on the ODO, one can imagine the extent to which these machines have been put to use.
About the multiple attempts that you made to get into T-BHP, that's something very common to all of us; the best of the 'classroom toppers' have had multiple failures here. And every failure usually intensifies the fire to get in. Well, the entry has not been made easy, and there are indeed valid reasons for it.
Safe driving to you and happy times on T-BHP.
Regards
Sravan
skchettry is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2017, 11:01   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuragverma666 View Post
Hi All. This is Anurag this side. Reaching the age of 30 very soon! Have been an avid follower of Team BHP for almost 7 years now and finally have been able to secure the elusive membership!
Welcome aboard Anurag!

Quote:
I also had a hobby to help my uncle restore Vintage Cars at his Garage (Krishna Motor Garage) in Connaught Place, Delhi. All my cars are still serviced by Uncle Gyan at KMG and I keep visiting him regularly!
Haven't we all at some point in time dreamt about working in a garage? It nice to know that your uncle restores Vintage Cars. Can you share some pictures of the cars that have visited his place?

Quote:
My mother owns the infamous Opel Corsa 1.4L GLS (~1 Lakh on the ODO) while I drive the VW Polo 1.2L TDi Trendline (~3 Lakh on the ODO)! The last car in the family is a Honda Brio 1.2L SMT (~40K on the ODO).
Wow! 3+ lakh km on the Polo. What year is the car and how has it held up over the years? Do put up an ownership report as I'm sure many here would be interested to know about the car.

Quote:
Looking forward to acquire the Tata Nexon 1.5L Revotorq Diesel AMT. Have been patiently waiting to purchase this car for almost 2 years now and the last 2 months are looking like another 2!
Great choice. The AMT will be a boon in the city traffic.

Looking forward to your posts on the forum. However, do take a look at the rules before you begin.
blackwasp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2017, 15:18   #4
Team-BHP Support

Wow! That is a lot of kilometers for the Polo. Snippets of your ownership should help few of us here on Team-BHP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Haven't we all at some point in time dreamt about working in a garage?
I did dream about giving my feedback to engineers who are patiently waiting for my inputs in the pits.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2017, 09:50   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by skchettry View Post
Welcome to the forum Anurag.
With cars in your stable that have clocked 3 lakhs and 1 lakh on the ODO, one can imagine the extent to which these machines have been put to use.
About the multiple attempts that you made to get into T-BHP, that's something very common to all of us; the best of the 'classroom toppers' have had multiple failures here. And every failure usually intensifies the fire to get in. Well, the entry has not been made easy, and there are indeed valid reasons for it.
Safe driving to you and happy times on T-BHP.
Regards
Sravan
Thanks a ton Sravan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Welcome aboard Anurag!

Haven't we all at some point in time dreamt about working in a garage? It nice to know that your uncle restores Vintage Cars. Can you share some pictures of the cars that have visited his place?

Wow! 3+ lakh km on the Polo. What year is the car and how has it held up over the years? Do put up an ownership report as I'm sure many here would be interested to know about the car.

Great choice. The AMT will be a boon in the city traffic.

Looking forward to your posts on the forum. However, do take a look at the rules before you begin.
Thanks blackwasp. Will definitely share the pictures on some of the beauties that have been restored at KMG. There was a 1930's Le Mans Singer that I personally worked on and it won an award in its first Vintage Car Rally (I think it was the Statesman rally). The wait for the Tata Nexon is now taking the life out of me and trust me, I visit the Nexon thread every 4 hours to see if RavenaAvi has given us some good news or not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Wow! That is a lot of kilometers for the Polo. Snippets of your ownership should help few of us here on Team-BHP.

I did dream about giving my feedback to engineers who are patiently waiting for my inputs in the pits.
Sure. Will try and post my experience of the Polo. It has been a really long and sweet journey! I have driven about 2 lakh Kms on the Polo while the rest has been completed by my brother who has now shifted to Toronto! If I post a couple of pictures of the car, it will be hard to believe that it is 7+ years and almost 3 lakh Kms old. The car has gone through some amount of maintenance (2 suspension overhauls, 6 set of tyres, 1 Fuel pump change, 1 timing belt change, 1 engine oil cover change, 2 turbo hose change, 1 AC cooling coil change etc. ) but the car still runs like brand new.. The music system (Kenwood 2-Din and Kicker Speakers and Tweeters) is still holding well after 7+ years of installation. Also to add, the Pure Leather Seat Covers (Again 7 years+ of age) still look brand new). We have loved the car and the car has loved us back! Will try to see if I can post an ownership review!
anuragverma666 is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks