Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2017, 23:34   #1

Freedom on 15th August

Hello Friends,

I got introduced to cars quite late but fell in love with it quite fast. I am a Govt. official and my first posting was in North Bengal, Dooars to be precise, in 1998.

Learned driving on my office car, an OMNI. After the first six months the driver used to relax on the front passenger seat and I drove the car everywhere. Whoever had ever been to the Dooars will vouch for it being one of the most picturesque of places to drive and explore. OMNI may be a puny car but it meant a lot to me. And I drove it all over the place - highways, bylanes, fields, jungles, stony riverbeds and once even drove it on to a country-boat to cross the Torsha river near Coochbehar when the present bridge was not built. And I discovered freedom all over again.

Got my first car, Santro Xing, in 2014 and within six months did my first long distance trip to Digha-Talsari. Many would follow for the next ten years during which time the car didn't leave me stranded even once. GTO rightly vouches for the reliability of the Japanese and Korean cars. When time came to replace it, I was searching the net for a powerful hatchback (I'm all for it like Gannu), when Google threw up this site. Read Gannu's post on POLO GT TDI 1.6. Didn't look any further. Got the car on 1st Jan 2014 which has and still is giving me endless driving pleasures and timeless memories.

And I kept returning to this forum for the pleasure of its content, to be amazed by the knowledge and dedication of its members towards what seems to be the only love of their life and their unique camaraderie and willingness to help each other out. I had applied for registration then, albeit with a different handle, but was turned down. I thought what the heck. Almost everything in it is open for all to see. But the more I read the beautiful travelogues and the more I collected such memories myself on the wheels of my car, I itched to share them on this forum. So I applied again, was turned down and then again. In the process got a mail from the great GTO himself. Finally I got the freedom to write this intro on the 15th of August.

I am not a technical person but am curious about car technicals and read the technical stuff with amazement. I like hot hatches that will roar on the highway, take me places without much ado and also do the running around in the city as well. My next car will be a hotter hatch.

I love to go on long driving holidays and my wife and son likes nothing better. Besides I love to read, and also love freedom and anonymity which this forum amply provides.
Long live Team-BHP, Keep travelling...
Travel Yogi is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 27th August 2017, 21:45   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Freedom on 15th August

Hi Travel Yogi! Welcome aboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Yogi View Post
GT TDI 1.6.
Glad to hear, both of us share the same steed! I returned home yesterday evening after a 2-day 1200 km trip to Rameshwaram. Had an amazing drive! I shall share some snaps and related bits on my car ownership thread.

Quote:
My next car will be a hotter hatch.
Amen to that! I just can't think of driving around a long sedan or a heavy SUV anymore. I'll take a fast and powerful hatchback instead.

Quote:
I love to go on long driving holidays and my wife and son likes nothing better.
Great to hear that! How about posting some travelogues whenever you get some free time? That is one section that keeps me glued.

See you around!

PS: Hope you've been through the of the board! Please do if you haven't.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2017, 11:25   #3

Re: Freedom on 15th August

Thanks a lot Gannu. You and your posts have been an inspiration. That you love to ride your steed is self-evident, having already clocked a lakh kms. Mine is only just nearing 40000. And I can only stare at your DIY's with wide eyed wonder. Hope to post my travelogue soon. Special thanks and best wishes. Travel Yogi.
Travel Yogi is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks