Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2017, 20:15   #1
BHPian

My Homecoming

Greetings BHPians,

I am delighted to be part of this extended family. Even though this is my first time on-board, I find everything very familiar here(as if I am back home). It seems I was invisible during last three years reading and actively participating in discussions all inside my head.

I am basically from Kochi presently living in Mumbai for my work related assignment. I work for a Public Sector Bank for earning and for living I do travel, read and listen to music.

I learned to drive on my father's humble Marti Suzuki Zen LX (2001). Earlier I had no plan to get my hands on 4 wheels, but an unfortunate bike accident back in my college days changed that decision. Post recovery it was difficult for me to convince my mother to allow me for bike rides. But once I started driving I understood that I was addicted to concept of spinning wheels. It did not matter whether it was two or four as long as wheels were spinning.

When I got my first job, I started my piggybank and later in 2014 bought a pre-owned Hyundai Accent GLE with CNG. I thoroughly enjoyed driving it for 2 years even though it gave me life lessons on every point mentioned in GTO's post "The real cost of ownership".
On backdrop lack of safety features in my car used to bother me and that feeling got accentuated once I got married. That was when I decided to trade in my old car for a safer one.

After much research and test drives I brought home VW Polo 1.2 Highline which I thought was safest option available in my budget at that time.
Her company has been enjoyable so far and I hope to keep her for some more years to come.

That's all about me. Looking forward to rightly participate in discussions here, this time not just in my head.

Keep Revvin'
WhiteFang is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 10:20   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: My Homecoming

Welcome WhiteFang! Great to have you with us.

How long have you been in Mumbai? There are some good driving destinations - from weekend getaway Lonavla to Mahabaleshwar to Goa! Make a trip to Sula one weekend and enjoy the toll highway. It's a pleasure to drive there.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 22:14   #3
BHPian

Re: My Homecoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Welcome WhiteFang! Great to have you with us.

How long have you been in Mumbai? There are some good driving destinations - from weekend getaway Lonavla to Mahabaleshwar to Goa! Make a trip to Sula one weekend and enjoy the toll highway. It's a pleasure to drive there.
Thank you GTO
Your reply means a lot to me.

I have been to those places you had mentioned. As you said all were indeed beautiful. This is my fifth year running in Mumbai. Monsoon is my favourite season here and I am badly waiting for it to commence. I am considering possibility of relocating to Hyderabad later this year which means there are lot to do in this monsoon on warfoot( For ticking off remaining places to visit in Maharashtra from my bucket list)
WhiteFang is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed