Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2016, 17:53   #1

Hello Friends

First of all, a big thanks to the moderators who accepted me in this forum.

This was tougher than CAT, I must admit (took me 6 tries over 4-5 yrs). But, now that I am here, allow me to introduce myself.

I am a 30 year old self proclaimed Auto-enthusiast from Gurgaon. I work in Telecom sector as a Network Designer.

My affair with "Wheels" started quite young when I was all of 8-9 years old. I used to look in awe when my father started his "CHETAK" every morning to go to work. I learnt riding on my own with that scooter. Sadly we had to part with that for a measly 2000 INR in Yr. 2002.

Passed out of school and joined college in 2003. Within a month, the itch to own a bike surfaced and I started bugging my mom for that everyday. We went to the Hero-Honda showroom to buy "Passion". But as luck would have it, my mother glanced over the "CBZ" and said to me, why don't you buy this? This one looks good. I was overjoyed, but knew the reality. I said to my mother sheepishly, "Maa, that is expensive". She said, it's okay, we can afford this. So the "CBZ" came home and suddenly I was "The guy with CBZ" in my neighborhood and college. However the romance didn't last long and it got stolen 3 years and 37000 Kms later.

After a week or so, we decided to get a car for us. No reviews were read, no test drives, nothing. It had to be a Maruti and should cost less. So, went ahead and got an Alto Lxi in 2007. I learnt driving after getting the car.
Clocked 135000 KMs on Alto before selling it off in 2014.

In the meantime, got married in 2011, I needed a car for me as wife was driving Alto. This started my tryst with Team-BHP. This time around, test rode every B segment car in town, read every review available and found something unique about this Forum that hooked me for life. Team-BHP calls a spade a spade. Got myself a Dzire ZDI in 2011. The "Z" instead of a "V" was because of this forum's "Safety First" motto. The decision turned out very well for me as the "Z" saved my life once. It has measured 96000 Kms of tarmac till now and loved every bit of it.

By 2014, the Alto was showing its age. So, again a need for new car surfaced. It was for wife, so had to be a hatchback (She hate big Cars), had to be a Petrol, had to be used in city only. Budget was around 6L. Again the usual process of TD started and I zeroed in on Grand i10. I made a comparison excel-sheet of every hatchback and realized that Grand i10 didn't offer me much as compared to Ritz, but was expensive by almost 1~1.5L with discounts on Ritz. Suddenly Ritz started looking biggest VFM contender out there. On top of that, Maruti was offering me 1L for my Alto plus exchange bonus, while Hyundai was offering me 60K and exchange bonus. It was a no-brainer and got my Ritz VXi home. Its a very practical and fun car. It has done 16000 Kms in 2 years and going strong.

Also, got myself a Himalayan this year in June. I really didn't like the bike from pics and scoops. Went to RE showroom to buy the CL500. Himalayan was standing there in all its glory. It looked very different in a good way as compared to scoop pics. Just out of curiosity, I took a TD and was sold on the bike in 5 minutes. It was way way better than CL500 in every aspect. My main motto for getting a bike was Touring. Himalayan offered me comfort, power, looks in a very tempting package at 1.75L. It being a head turner is an added bonus. Got Leh'd this September with another fellow BHPian DKaile. It was a dream come true.

Also, below is a small list which sums me up very well (BTW, it keeps on changing as I add years to my age).

1) Gymming - I just love working out.
2) Travelling to different places only if I can reach there by motor-able roads. Or in other words “Road-Trips”. I plan to do a cross country road trip on REH, spanning 10,000 Kms in near future.
3) Music: Not limited to any genre. I like hip-hop as much I like Nursat Ji or any Ghazal for that matter. Music is oxygen to me. But, I HATE Trance.
4) I like to read as well, only fiction and autobiographies and that too if the book is less than 400 pages. I don’t like fantasy.
5) Lastly, I sometimes write poems as well when creativity is oozing out of my mind and heart.

Cheers
2W-4W
2W-4W is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2016, 18:25   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hello Friends

Welcome to the forum and wish you a pleasant stay. . Thank you for the detailed intro. Looking forward to some lovely travelogues.Maybe the Leh trip would be a good start

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 3rd November 2016 at 18:26.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 11:41   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Welcome to the forum and wish you a pleasant stay. . Thank you for the detailed intro. Looking forward to some lovely travelogues.Maybe the Leh trip would be a good start
Thank you Rajeev. Yeah, I wish to post that and my Himalayan ownership report.
Old 4th November 2016, 15:29   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2W-4W View Post
My affair with "Wheels" started quite young when I was all of 8-9 years old. I used to look in awe when my father started his "CHETAK" every morning to go to work. I learnt riding on my own with that scooter. Sadly we had to part with that for a measly 2000 INR in Yr. 2002.
I had a friend who's Dad had a Chetak. The hand shifting mechanism was so weird! But super fun to ride at the same time. It's always sad to see a machine which you have loved over the years part from you.

Quote:
After a week or so, we decided to get a car for us. No reviews were read, no test drives, nothing. It had to be a Maruti and should cost less. So, went ahead and got an Alto Lxi in 2007.
Just like my dad did!

Quote:
Travelling to different places only if I can reach there by motor-able roads. Or in other words “Road-Trips”. I plan to do a cross country road trip on REH, spanning 10,000 Kms in near future.
All the very best for the road trip.

And lastly, a warm welcome to the forum! Going from the detailed intro, looking forward to your detailed reports on posts and travelogues.

Keep travelling!
Omkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks