Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2016, 14:42   #1
BHPian

Hello Everyone!

Hello all,

I perhaps might turn out in the minorities here, but am hoping to learn a lot from some of the experts on this lovely forum.

I have spent my life as a credit analyst, and work allowed me the privilege to travel the world which got me deeply into cars, Mercedes-Benz being the primary brand but currently I am driving a BMW 730Ld (G12) in black exterior and Cognac interior.

Getting back to myself, have been married and now besides enjoying being a wife I am super involved with my daughter who is about 72 days old now and hopefully she will turn out to be a car crazy girl like me.

I truly look forward to posting and reading more here because some people are wonderful in terms of the information they share, and of course am certain everyone on this forum contributes in some way without barring anyone.

Thank you so much for reading, if there is anything I can help with do let me know will try ensure I answer as long as I know what the answer is. Thank you once again, and have a very happy Diwali and a happy new year ahead.
MercedesGirl is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 30th October 2016, 15:32   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hello Everyone!

Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercedesGirl View Post
Mercedes-Benz being the primary brand but currently I am driving a BMW 730Ld (G12) in black exterior and Cognac interior.
Nice! Sweet ride you got there. But how come MercedesGirl chose the 7 over the mighty S-Class?

What's she like to drive? Like the gizmos?

Quote:
my daughter who is about 72 days old now
Congratulations. God bless the angel.

Quote:
if there is anything I can help with do let me know will try ensure I answer as long as I know what the answer is
That's the spirit . All of us are here to learn & share.

Wish you a Happy Diwali!
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th October 2016, 17:11   #3
BANNED

Welcome aboard. Congratulations on becoming a mother, I'm sure your little one will grow up learning to love cars as much as her mum. Yes, TBHP is great to learn and share. There's no saying how many have benefited from the gyan on here.
And don't worry about being in the minority(whatever that was in reference to).

Last edited by GTO : 31st October 2016 at 13:46. Reason: Typo
adidac369 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2016, 11:24   #4
BHPian

Welcome to the team bhp family. Hope you enjoy a lot. And yes we have many Merc lovers out here. Congratulation on being a mom, God bless your little angel. What's your hubby ride?
Where u from btw?

Cheers
Farooq
ferrariKSA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2016, 12:19   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Welcome!

Nice! Sweet ride you got there. But how come MercedesGirl chose the 7 over the mighty S-Class? What's she like to drive? Like the gizmos?
GTO,

Talk about getting welcomed by the finest itself? Thank you so much for the welcome, and the blessings for the baby, she's kept me busy intact in the last few days there have been at least four times when I've opened the forum typed a line and have had to quit to attend to her, but life could not have been better. Again thank you so much.

Back to the Cars, I moved back to India sometime in March 2016, at that point I was using a S500 in VA, and I truly wanted to stick to that but two factors that kept me away both in their ratios :

95% Decision was based on Indian Specification of the S350d / 400 : (Could not get a 500 as by the time of my purchase they only sold those in Maybach trim) the cars do not have Multicontour seats in the front, No massage, No Ventilation, They could never confirm if the seats are leather or Nappa Leather which is something I truly wanted and above all the deal breaker was 'No Memory' seats in the front, it just made no sense and when I asked why? The answer was because most of our clients are rear seat passengers, to which I could not stop myself from asking why the C250d does not have memory? TO which the answer given was, Maa'm most C-Class owners are young and single and it does not matter to them. I believe he found a 35 year old girl / woman / lady too old? They also have a limited choice in what you get as Interior or Exterior, a Black exterior is forced with Beige interior and you have no other choice which felt limiting to a car buying experience. The Indian cars also do not have the 9G transmission which is now standard for quite some time on the 350d in Germany / few other markets.

The BMW India team was lovely to me, due to my past work at PWC when I was in the VA, allowed me to build a few contacts in BMW and some of them were kind enough to let me know if I waited until mid October the new 7 in India will get updated with :

1. Remote Park (Park using the key)
2. Ventilated Seats on all 4 seats with Massage for Driver and rear seats.
3. 19" alloys.
4. Executive Lounge.

Some of the above were truly special for me as I was used to a few in my previous cars. I always have had an apprehension to BMW 7 and its ride quality and I was given a car for a week, and while I still believe the S offers better comfort in terms of ride, a lot of driving and lack of memory seats in the S completely changed my mind and final nail in the coffin was BMW India was letting me choose whatever exterior I wished with any interior I wanted so 730Ld it was.

5% Dealer Attitude, out of the two dealers one expected me to want him to believe that S-Class or similar size is not for a girl, which while offending to a certain extent did not bother me much as too much Joy was bound my way in few months and second dealer GM had enough courage to use profane words about BMW and their people when I said I am also considering the new BMW 7. Lucky enough me and my husband just ignored it all and walked out without being bothered but we did complain to Mercedes India who said we will look into the matter but like all large corporations those are sometimes only light words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidac369 View Post
Welcome aboard. Congratulations on becoming a mother, I'm sure your little one will grow up learning to love cars as much as her mum. Yes, TBHP is great to learn and share. There's no saying how many have benefited from the gyan on here.
And don't worry about being in the minority(whatever that was in reference to).
adidac369,

Thank you again for the kind words, Sorry if the term 'Minority' if in any way came across as not appropriate I only was trying to assume there are very few females that post on this forum. Did not mean it in any wrong way please accept my sorry if in any form it came across wrongly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrariKSA View Post
Welcome to the team bhp family. Hope you enjoy a lot. And yes we have many Merc lovers out here. Congratulation on being a mom, God bless your little angel. What's your hubby ride?
Where u from btw?

Cheers
Farooq
FerrariKSA,

Thank you for all the wishes, lets just say he is lease of a car person, will speak on that in few other posts as I believe I already have had a very long post here. If it's ok with the forum rules and regulations may I skip questions of where I am from etc.

Once again thank you all, and a happy Diwali and a very happy new year to all on the forum.

God Bless,
MercedesGirl is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st November 2016, 12:36   #6
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to the forum, absolutely brilliant choice of a vehicle! The G12 7 series is something special.

It seems you have the DPE Signature variant, which was launched a few months after the 7 debuted here. Good thing it has 19" alloys on the outside, the 18s on the base model look very plain.

Also surprised the Mercedes dealer GM behaved in that manner, very unlike the Mercedes dealership employees I've met.

Must also be a bit of a pain driving it around in Pune (even though you don't really feel the size in the G12)
Akshay1234 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st November 2016, 12:50   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello all, Mercedes-Benz being the primary brand but currently I am driving a BMW 730Ld (G12) in black exterior and Cognac interior.
Welcome onboard. The welcome is also extended to your bundle of joy (Do I see a reason for choosing BMW "The joy of driving" - here)
BMWcerdesGirl would have been more apt.

I test drove 730Ld M-Sport over the weekend and must say that the car is amazing to put the pedal to metal.
But few things that are still bothering me are; noise insulation is very very poor for a car of this value. One car even hear puttering of an auto-rickshaw passing by. Second is those display units behind the front seats. I just kept wishing that I will not bang my head into them or sudden braking will not result in some serious damage. Also they cannot be folded into anything so you are left with FIXED units.
DISCLAIMER: I didn't try removing them and also forgot to ask about it - so they may be removable.
Also what were they smoking to have given a middle headrest and that seating area between rear seats. How can even a kid be comfy there?

Regards-Sonu
ariesonu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2016, 13:17   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
Welcome to the forum, absolutely brilliant choice of a vehicle! The G12 7 series is something special.

It seems you have the DPE Signature variant, which was launched a few months after the 7 debuted here. Good thing it has 19" alloys on the outside, the 18s on the base model look very plain.
Akshay1234,

Thank you for the welcome, but may I complain you did not welcome 'Rey' (thats my daughter, the name comes from the movie 'Star Wars : The Force Awakens'? Sorry just having a light time. Thanks for the comments on the car, truly it is special and the Variant I got pretty much as all, I do hope in time husband will spare me some money to get the M-Sport kit, M-Wheels, & I want to change the interior trim but he loves it.

Yes this is the DPE Signature and the Remote Park itself is worth choosing this over the S but then I do have issues with it which I will create a thread about but looking at the threads created by others I am embarrassed to even start one, I can't even take a selfie let alone take good pictures But will attempt to do it.

And I have to say lovely lovely garage you have there, that CLS63 itself makes me Jealous. A lot of attempt I made to try convince Hubby to get me the S63 Coupe, but it was always a NO! Hopefully the next baby convinces him to consider the bargain.

Thanks again and wish you all the best for your life I did a little reading and I believe you are into the aftermarket parts, maybe some day you can Bling My ride? I would love Pink Interiors (No offense)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
Welcome onboard. The welcome is also extended to your bundle of joy (Do I see a reason for choosing BMW "The joy of driving" - here)
BMWcerdesGirl would have been more apt.

I test drove 730Ld M-Sport over the weekend and must say that the car is amazing to put the pedal to metal.
Hello Thanks for the wishes,

Coming to the 7 vs S, I believe S has some advantages in terms of Ride / Rear Seat but I truly feel NVH is pretty much sorted but then again I cannot comment as my hands on with S in India was only 4 days but in VA I had it for 2 years and yes it surely is wonderful.

The Rear Screens are similar in most cars for quite some time now, I don't think they will harm the way one would assume but again no comments and to me since the late 90's I've come to a conclusion that most luxury cars are only 4 seaters at the best, I also had an option to have this car with a Partition in the centre but for whatever reasons choose not to have it, but that I believe also has better Vanity Mirrors!

I am loving the car, have driven almost 580 Km's so while thats not a lot of distance there is nothing I would replace this with for now and have little regret on not getting the S500. But yes, 750Li would have been a better drive but it had a lot more waiting time.

God bless,
MercedesGirl is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st November 2016, 14:14   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Akshay1234,

Thank you for the welcome, but may I complain you did not welcome 'Rey' (thats my daughter, the name comes from the movie 'Star Wars : The Force Awakens'? Sorry just having a light time. Thanks for the comments on the car, truly it is special and the Variant I got pretty much as all, I do hope in time husband will spare me some money to get the M-Sport kit, M-Wheels, & I want to change the interior trim but he loves it.

Yes this is the DPE Signature and the Remote Park itself is worth choosing this over the S but then I do have issues with it which I will create a thread about but looking at the threads created by others I am embarrassed to even start one, I can't even take a selfie let alone take good pictures But will attempt to do it.

And I have to say lovely lovely garage you have there, that CLS63 itself makes me Jealous. A lot of attempt I made to try convince Hubby to get me the S63 Coupe, but it was always a NO! Hopefully the next baby convinces him to consider the bargain.

Thanks again and wish you all the best for your life I did a little reading and I believe you are into the aftermarket parts, maybe some day you can Bling My ride? I would love Pink Interiors (No offense)
In that case, Welcome to the young Jedi too!

The M sport kit and M wheels will truly make the car stand out. I was going to ask why you didn't just buy the M sport, until I remembered the M sport doesn't have ventilated seats.

Where do you get to use remote park here? I mean if my car had it I would do it just for the heck of it, but otherwise I don't know. But yes please do write a thread on the 730. It will be interesting to read, and going by your knowledge I'm sure it will be filled with information.

Thank you! The CLS is a lovely car if I may say so myself, but the dream is still the new F80 M3.

Maybe on your next S63 coupe you can get Mercedes Designo to get you that pink interior

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 1st November 2016 at 15:42.
Akshay1234 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2016, 09:31   #10
BHPian

Quote:
In that case, Welcome to the young Jedi too!

Maybe on your next S63 coupe you can get Mercedes Designo to get you that pink interior
Morning,

The young Jedi is now resting, which is the only time I get to do anything else so if ever I am late here, just know the Jedi was being trained or perhaps the other way round!

Coming back to the car, it seems the M-Sport also will get these updates but they could not give me an exact delivery time, and we needed this car before we had Rey so just went ahead with 730d, the Massage seat for driver was something i desperately wanted and believe me after delivering a 8.4 Lbs Jedi it truly is a blessing now while driving. I will right away create a thread on the car, where perhaps I can go deeper into all issues and things that still make me smile about it, only if BMW INDIVIDUAL allowed me a Pink Interior!

And your CLS may I ever get a ride in it if I am not crossing my lines? Have you seen the new E63S? And the new Mercedes-Benz Engines? They are so ahead of everyone else out there. And lastly if I am not crossing lines, why not M4? Not saying M3 is bad, but just find the M4 so much more "Joy"

Have a good day Akshay1234,
MercedesGirl is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2016, 11:25   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Hello all,

I have spent my life as a credit analyst
If I may ask, which firm did you work for and which industry did you cover? I ask this because I am an Equity Research analyst (Banking space) and I rarely come across people from this field on TBHP. Hope to learn some research skills from you!

Cheers!
Saanil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2016, 13:17   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Coming back to the car, it seems the M-Sport also will get these updates but they could not give me an exact delivery time, and we needed this car before we had Rey so just went ahead with 730d, the Massage seat for driver was something i desperately wanted and believe me after delivering a 8.4 Lbs Jedi it truly is a blessing now while driving. I will right away create a thread on the car, where perhaps I can go deeper into all issues and things that still make me smile about it, only if BMW INDIVIDUAL allowed me a Pink Interior!

And your CLS may I ever get a ride in it if I am not crossing my lines? Have you seen the new E63S? And the new Mercedes-Benz Engines? They are so ahead of everyone else out there. And lastly if I am not crossing lines, why not M4? Not saying M3 is bad, but just find the M4 so much more "Joy"

Have a good day Akshay1234,
That's good to know. BMW seems to be getting aggressive with lots of new launches and product updates. BMW Individual will give you any colour combination! For the right price that is

Most certainly, a ride anytime. The new E63s is a beast. I do like the new turbo engines, but I feel they've lost the charm of the old NA 6.2s like what is in my CLS. Especially in terms of sound. Mercedes just released an inline 6 cylinder with 400 odd bhp which is apparently going to debut in the 2017 S class.

Personally, I find the M3 better looking and after having driven both, the M3 just felt a bit better to drive and more balanced. But I would of course take either, both are special.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 00:47   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
If I may ask, which firm did you work for and which industry did you cover?
Cheers!
Any way in which I can DM you on this?

Quote:
That's good to know. BMW seems to be getting aggressive with lots of new launches and product updates. BMW Individual will give you any colour combination! For the right price that is
Wow! You have the previous generation, When we do come to Mumbai should there be any time you have would truly love to see the car it's so special that engine itself frame it for life and the first CLS in every aspect was a better design then the current one. Btw, to better speak cars I finally after 3 long days and nights managed to complete my initial and my first ever car opinion do read if ever you get such time.

God bless and Good night.
MercedesGirl is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks