Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2016, 12:29   #1
BHPian

6 failed attempts later...

Fellow BHP'ians!!

A wise man once said, ' The best thing to do with time is to utilize it doing what you love the most'. (No, I didn't pick it up from the Internet, I just wrote it!)

So, here I am, after 6 failed attempts to write proper answers to those 3 questions over past 2 months. My name is Saurabh Sathe, a millennial engineer from the city of Nagpur, Maharashtra. Had the love for bikes since childhood. Never knew what hot wheels were till the age of 15. Sitting on the terrace of our house every evening, I used to perceive a dream of becoming an aeronautical engineer gazing the aircraft making rounds in the sky. That ignited my love for physics and mechanics and I took up to Metallurgical and Materials engineering from VNIT, Nagpur. Worked in a PSU for 2 years later in Vizag, followed by the best 2 years of my life at IIM Bangalore completing my MBA in Sales and Marketing and here I am today, working for a telecom major in Asia in Africa.

I have always been a bike person with my first bike being Honda Unicorn in 2007 ( my dad uses it for his daily commutes and it's still the same butter as it was 9 years ago). I got myself a bajaj avenger in 2011 from my first salary and it served me well all these years until last month. I Purchased a RE desert storm last week and that's what brought me to this forum. I also own a Hyundai i20 elite vtvt sportz 2014 model for my daily commute in Hyderabad now.

For the course of past 15 months I have travelled the length and breadth of India and few countries in Africa including Kenya and parts of Tanzania thanks to my sales job and my avenger had been there with me wherever I went in India. It served it's master well in Vizag, bangalore, nagpur, Gurgaon and Chandigarh. At Other places like Kullu, guwahati, Itanagar, hyderabad, Mumbai I used my car or hired a bullet (that's how the love for the bull sparked).

This forum has taught me a lot over the period of past few months rekindling my belief is collaborative learning!

Here's hoping for a long lasting learning relationship... Cheers!!
saurabh89 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th September 2016, 12:37   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: 6 failed attempts later...

Welcome to team-bhp. A very nice and crisp introduction here.

Please go through our forum rules and start posting.
Rudra Sen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2016, 12:58   #3

Hi Saurabh, I am also a newbie, recent member of the Team-bhp family, may be less than 75 hours.

See, cracking Team-bhp membership is tougher than cracking the CAT

Welcome on-board..
Ottomatic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2016, 13:34   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
See, cracking Team-bhp membership is tougher than cracking the CAT .
Thank you Ottomatic. And I would rather not comment on CAT! Done and dusted

Last edited by ampere : 25th September 2016 at 17:58. Reason: Formatted quoted post
saurabh89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2016, 17:57   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh89 View Post
Thank you Ottomatic. And I would rather not comment on CAT! Done and dusted
Nice to see people from all areas of the country. Had once visited Nagpur quite some years back and was immediately impressed the city thanks to wide roads all around. I hope the situation continues to this day.

As regards to education, nothing to say. IIMB of course enough has been said. VNIT is another nice place.

Welcome to the forum .
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2016, 18:22   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Nice to see people from all areas of the country. Had once visited Nagpur quite some years back and was immediately impressed the city thanks to wide roads all around. I hope the situation continues to this day .

Thank you brother! Well, the roads, so to speak are wider than ever but the conditions are not that promising. Nagpur has been caught in the tussle of the state and central government. Sad politics.

It feels like driving on potholes with roads rather than the other way around.
saurabh89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2016, 17:59   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
Hi Saurabh, I am also a newbie, recent member of the Team-bhp family, may be less than 75 hours.

See, cracking Team-bhp membership is tougher than cracking the CAT

Welcome on-board..
LOL! Team BHPians should get wild card entry to IIMs now!
Old 8th October 2016, 22:04   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Driver View Post
Oh well, I cracked both on the first try . But then, I am quite an ancient mariner.

Welcome onboard.

Last edited by nilanjanray : 8th October 2016 at 22:24.
Old 19th October 2016, 19:55   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Driver View Post
Haha.. that was a good one Lazy driver.

Mine too in third attempt. But I took breaks in between each attempts for years to upgrade myslef by being more regular here. It's such a pride thing to have this membership. More like a certification for the love of cars. Have a happy TBhpian days ahead Saurabh.
kptraveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed