Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2016, 02:57   #1
BHPian

How YOU doin'?

Hey everyone!

Very glad to be a part of the community on my first attempt (kinda, sort of). Hat-tip to GTO.

I have been browsing Team-BHP forums for the past 9 years or so. For all these years, I have been taking it all in, learning as much as I can and it has come to a point where a day doesn't go by when I'm not seen strolling around on the forums. I know many of you, your previous posts, your histories, your car affairs, your struggles and triumphs. So please pardon me if I act too familiar. For the ones who I don't know, in the words of Liam Neeson - I'll look for you, I'll find you and I'll learn from you.

Professionally, I'm 27, graduated from IIT Kharagpur - went into investment banking and immediately regretted it. But honestly, all the posing aside, didn't quit when I should have because the money was too good and I got to roam all across Europe and South east Asia on the bank's dime. That greed faded quicker than I thought and after having had enough, I just walked out one fine day without another job in hand. Hunted around, got a few offers from a few PE firms, but really couldn't convince myself to go for them. Founded a fintech startup, struggled a lot for a couple of years. Learnt coding, created an app based financial service and have now sold it to a leading NBFC. Nowadays, I'm seen strolling around the said NBFC's offices, quipping cool one-liners to interns (not really, but sometimes I like to think I'm Harvey Specter. Sadly, I'm not.)

Personally, I'm 19, love cars in a way only a teenager can and get excited every time a new launch is announced. I might as well be the test drive king of these forums. I have a feeling almost all the showrooms for most of the car manufacturers in Mumbai know me by now. I take a lot of test drives. So much so, that I'm now contemplating investing in multiple disguises. Know a good daadhi-mooch wallah?

Finally, CARS - We've owned the old Maruti 800, i10, Swift Diesel, Honda city and Vento through the years. In addition, I've driven ultra cheap cars, everyday commuters, performance and luxury rides as well (borrowed from rich friends). But nothing excites me more than a BMW 3-series. It's far from being the quickest, not the most comfortable and certainly not the most good looking - but I believe what it makes you feel per unit price is unmatched. I'm not about speed, I'm about handling - cornering, suspension, feedback and (some people will hate me for this) - creature comforts. But more on this later.

I'll be getting the just launched all new Elantra very soon - detailed review to follow as soon as I get it.

This has already become a mini-novel, so I'll just stop now.

See you inside.
Cheers!
recalcitrant is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 27th August 2016, 11:16   #2
BHPian

Re: How YOU doin'?

welcome to the forum recalcitrant, congratulations on buying a Elantra. Looking forward for the ownership review. Investment banking sound interesting, even I was interested in working as one.. didn't know where to start from...
neerajkumar10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2016, 15:11   #3

Welcome Recalcitrant. Congratulations on Elantra, good choice. By the way, I am also working on a fintech startup currently, exciting industry.
amit0rana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2016, 17:09   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm here to welcome you simply because you used a Friends line as the title of the thread!

Welcome and I look forward to your Elantra ownership review!
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2016, 17:16   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
I'm here to welcome you simply because you used a Friends line as the title of the thread!
+1 to that!

@recalcitrant I hope the Joey in you lives on!

So.. Engg done, Banking done, products done and dusted. What next? Cars?
That wont just come and go. Its there to stay I am sure.

Welcome to forum and happy cruising.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2016, 17:31   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

++1 to Nikhil and Amp. The Joey line was bait enough for me to open the thread

Nice intro and welcome to the forum. Looking forward to your ownership report of the Elantra. Hope you can get it soon.

Wish you all the best.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2016, 13:51   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neerajkumar10 View Post
Investment banking sound interesting, even I was interested in working as one.. didn't know where to start from...
Thanks Neeraj - trust me - you're not missing much. It gets old very quickly. Glad I got out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit0rana View Post
By the way, I am also working on a fintech startup currently, exciting industry.
That's great to know, Amit. Please don't hesitate to let me know if I can help in any way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
+1 to that!

@recalcitrant I hope the Joey in you lives on!

So.. Engg done, Banking done, products done and dusted. What next? Cars?
That wont just come and go. Its there to stay I am sure.

Welcome to forum and happy cruising.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
++1 to Nikhil and Amp. The Joey line was bait enough for me to open the thread

Nice intro and welcome to the forum. Looking forward to your ownership report of the Elantra. Hope you can get it soon.

Wish you all the best.
thanks Nikhil, Amp, Rajeev. I guess I'm learning marketing now.

Elantra thread as soon as I get it (from the looks of it, would be third week of September).

Cheers!
Old 29th August 2016, 19:31   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

I had to google up the meaning of your handle. Recalcitrant - having an obstinately uncooperative attitude towards authority or discipline. Mods better keep an eye on you . Welcome to the forums!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks