Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2016, 20:45   #1

Wow! Finally in

Hi all!! It is an honour to be a part of a knowledgeable community such as TBHP. Lady luck has finally been kind to me on my third attempt.

About myself: Originally from Kolkata, been in Bangalore for over 7 years and now in Pune for the last 1 year. I am on the wrong side of 30, work in the area of data science, love reading and driving.

My love for driving started off more than a decade back when my dad bought our first car the Maruti 800. Just out of college and into a job, I think that was one of the best times of my life - roaming around with friends in the car gave new meaning to independence.The happy smiles the 800 brought was truly disproportionate to it's humble credentials. After the 800 came the Ritz, the Swift and recently the Ciaz, the last 2 being still with us.

I started following TBHP back in 2010 out of curiosity. One of my colleagues was thinking of buying the Skoda Fabia at the time. He changed his mind after I directed him to the legendary Skoda thread on TBHP. I relied on TBHP when I bought my first car the new swift in 2012 and it is still TBHP thread on Honda City niggles which has helped me make up my mind to buy the Ciaz this month. I am certain that this is the community on which I will rely the next time there is talk of buying a car in my circle of friends and family. It would give me even greater satisfaction if I am able to help some confused soul make up his or her mind through my own humble experiences.

Finally I would like to thank the moderators for accepting my application and hope to get involved in some of the discussions going on here.
tangayen is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th June 2016, 17:47   #2
BHPian

re: Wow! Finally in

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangayen View Post
It would give me even greater satisfaction if I am able to help some confused soul make up his or her mind through my own humble experiences.
Not many of hers in this forum, sad but true.

Jokes apart, welcome to the forum tangayen. Looking at your vehicle history, you seem to be a true Maruti fanboy. Congrats on your latest acquisition, and I must say it would have been a HUGE step ahead when you compare it to the humble 800 of the past. It shows that Maruti, although behind Hyundai and Honda in the race of quality and research, has evolved its products a lot while still maintaining customer trust and brand image. The Ciaz is one bang-for-the-buck vehicle, it has sufficient amount of everything and literally no dealbreaker. It would be great if you share an ownership report of your rides after spending considerable time behind the wheel.

Go through the forum rules and regulations, if you haven't already, and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by biggrin : 19th June 2016 at 17:50. Reason: smiley restriction
biggrin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2016, 18:22   #3
BHPian

Re: Wow! Finally in

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangayen View Post
Hi all!! It is an honour to be a part of a knowledgeable community such as TBHP. Lady luck has finally been kind to me on my third attempt.

About myself: Originally from Kolkata, been in Bangalore for over 7 years and now in Pune for the last 1 year. I am on the wrong side of 30, work in the area of data science, love reading and driving.

My love for driving started off more than a decade back when my dad bought our first car the Maruti 800. Just out of college and into a job, I think that was one of the best times of my life - roaming around with friends in the car gave new meaning to independence.The happy smiles the 800 brought was truly disproportionate to it's humble credentials. After the 800 came the Ritz, the Swift and recently the Ciaz, the last 2 being still with us.

I started following TBHP back in 2010 out of curiosity. One of my colleagues was thinking of buying the Skoda Fabia at the time. He changed his mind after I directed him to the legendary Skoda thread on TBHP. I relied on TBHP when I bought my first car the new swift in 2012 and it is still TBHP thread on Honda City niggles which has helped me make up my mind to buy the Ciaz this month. I am certain that this is the community on which I will rely the next time there is talk of buying a car in my circle of friends and family. It would give me even greater satisfaction if I am able to help some confused soul make up his or her mind through my own humble experiences.

Finally I would like to thank the moderators for accepting my application and hope to get involved in some of the discussions going on here.
Welcome tangayen!!!!

Glad to see you on TeamBHP. A petrol head is always welcome here (Needed to say a cheesy line )

BTW great choice with the Ciaz and the Swift. Are they petrol or diesel??

Cheers!!!
thatfastdude19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 20:10   #4

Re: Wow! Finally in

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggrin View Post
Jokes apart, welcome to the forum tangayen. Looking at your vehicle history, you seem to be a true Maruti fanboy.
Thanks biggrin!! Indeed it would seem that all the vehicles that I have had ownership of came from the stable of Maruti. But in truth when back in 2012 I ended up buying the swift, I was actually looking to buy the i20. As luck would have it i20 was to get it's dramatic facelift in the next 6 months and the new swift had just hit the market. So I went for the more updated one. Even in my latest acquisition, both my better half and myself were rooting for the City, but after the TDs and research we changed our minds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatfastdude19 View Post
Welcome tangayen!!!!

Glad to see you on TeamBHP. A petrol head is always welcome here (Needed to say a cheesy line )

BTW great choice with the Ciaz and the Swift. Are they petrol or diesel??

Cheers!!!
Thanks thatfastdude19!! Both the Ciaz and the Swift are petrols as my commute does not really justify a diesel machine.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks