Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2016, 11:29   #1
BHPian

Namaskar

Hello Everyone

First up, a big THANK YOU to the moderators for accepting me into this wonderful community. I have been an ardent reader of TBHP for the past eight years before getting the nod on my second attempt.

I was an Aircraft Mechanic for 20 years when I opted for a midlife career shift. I am a Technical Author now, for the past 12 years. I write Aviation related maintenance manuals for a living. I am passionate about machines and literature (both machine and human related literatures!).

As you can guess, I am on the wrong side of 50. As a reader, I had benifited from the knowledge, energy and enthusiasm of this forum. As a member I hope to contribute to this forum whenever there is an opportunity.
Enobarbus is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2016, 12:25   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Namaskar

Welcome to Team-BHP. You could definitely contribute to various aircraft related threads we have. We have many commercial and amateur pilots who may have questions for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enobarbus View Post
As you can guess, I am on the wrong side of 50.
What I can ascertain is that you are above 50. Whether you are on the wrong side of 50 is a matter of opinion.

We have D-BHPian V-16 who is above 50, and runs a marathon almost every month. He is definitely on the right side of 50.

Right now I am on the right side 40, in about 3 years I will be on the right side of 50. I'll ensure that is the case, it is up to me.
Samurai is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2016, 15:58   #3
BHPian

Wow!!
To be able to run marathons regularly at that age is great. V-16 must be a thorouoghly disciplined individual. I wish he carries on and breaks Fauja Singh's record one day.
And yes, I agree with you Samurai; age is a state of mind. Hopefully, some of that wonderfully positive attitude will rub off on me. That is one of my reasons to desperately wanting to join this community.
Old 24th January 2016, 13:20   #4
BHPian

Hello Enobarbus and welcome to Team-BHP. Look forward to hear your exploits. Incidentally, Nevil Shute was, and still is, one of my favourite authors.
Old 24th January 2016, 15:57   #5
BHPian

Thanks earthian. I too enjoy Nevil Shute, especially An Old Captivity and Pied Piper. Amongst the more recent authors with aviation background, I enjoy Richard Bach. His Gift of Wings is a nice collection of stories on "real flying".
Closed Thread

Most Viewed