Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2015, 15:55   #1
BHPian

Finally, got my pass to automotive nirvana!

Hello Team-BHPian's,

A Big thank-you to all the moderators for approving my membership and now, I take immense pride in calling myself a "Team-BHPian". Nothing can be more exciting for a automotive freak to see an email at 10:16am from Team-BHP support saying, "Team-BHP Membership APPROVED!" Yes, I am really excited to be a part of this impeccable community which I have been following for the last 7 years ever since I saw a "Live to drive" sticker on a car. Yes, that is when I got to know about this forum!

I am Venkatesh (aka Venku), 30 years old from Belgaum, Karnataka and have studied mechanical engineering. I started a non-voice BPO unit soon after my college days. Team-BHP has always been a benchmark for me to follow up with upcoming cars, to the point and microscopic detailed reviews, ownership threads, travelogues, super-bike discussions and much more. In fact I end up spending much more time than I could afford reading different threads on this forum and at times have had endless fights with wifey for my lack of attention towards her, lol. I believe I could do a few more clients and grow my business instead of spending time on Team-BHP, but there's a popular saying "Money cannot buy happiness"and my happiness lies in reading Team-BHP.

My journey with automobiles and bikes started with a Hercules bicycle during my 8th standard high school days and had a navy blue Maruti Omni in our family. Got my first bike Hero Honda Ambition 135, silver black when I stepped in my Mechanical engineering college. Later Maruti Omni was exchanged with a Hyundai Santro and that's the end of my fathers ownership with cars. Since I stepped into my business, exchanged the Santro with a new first gen Maruti Swift Dzire VDI, used it for 4 years with 56k kms on the odo. Traded the Dzire with Ford Ecosport TDCI Titanium which is now 2+ years old with 63k kms on the odo. Yes, I love traveling(cruising), trekking, adventure sports, photography and one cannot find me at home during weekends. We also bought a Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 AMT in the month of May 2015 which is strictly used in city by Dad and wife, clocked 4.5k kms.

After owning the Ecosport, I am left wanting for a powerful, strong, durable, easy to maintain and drive(read Automatic) SUV with some luxury features. I have evaluated all the available SUV's in the market but somewhat not yet convinced with the options available at the moment. Will decide after I visit the auto expo in Feb 2016 and I am all set to fly Delhi on 5th of Feb 2016.

That's it from me, and my contribution to this forum will keep pouring in.

Thank you for reading my short Intro

Last edited by Venku2015 : 10th December 2015 at 16:21.
Venku2015 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th December 2015, 13:07   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Finally, got my pass to automotive nirvana!

Welcome to the forum Venku. We will hopefully see your posts in the travel section shortly, along with the ownership reviews. It's a good time to be an enthusiast, though we always crib for more

Have a good time here.
Cheers
sammyboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2015, 13:32   #3
Senior - BHPian

Nice intro Venku. That's a quite a decent number of kms you've got under your belt. Do drop by this thread and share your numbers.

Also, as per your requirements, the XUV500 AT may be worth a look. Hope to catch you at the 2016 Auto Expo.
Tushar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2015, 16:14   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Welcome to the forum Venku. We will hopefully see your posts in the travel section shortly, along with the ownership reviews. It's a good time to be an enthusiast, though we always crib for more

Have a good time here.
Cheers
Thank you sammyboy. Yes, will definitely share the upcoming travelogues as much as possible. The crib for traveling and driving is a never ending one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
Nice intro Venku. That's a quite a decent number of kms you've got under your belt. Do drop by this thread and share your numbers.

Also, as per your requirements, the XUV500 AT may be worth a look. Hope to catch you at the 2016 Auto Expo.
Thank you Tushar! With your guidance I have detailed my lifetime kms in the designated thread.

You got me right! I am seriously contemplating the XUV 5OO AWD A/T variant, but since its a whole new launch, I am awaiting to see some initial reports, especially our Team-BHP official review. We will definitely meet up at Auto Expo and I am booked for 6th of Feb
Venku2015 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2015, 17:56   #5
BHPian

Hello there Venku2015. It's a great to see such a passionate person in Team BHP. I'm truly astonished by seeing your passion and hope you continue the same. Regarding your SUV plan, there seems to be loads of coming towards us at The Auto Expo 2016. So that's the perfect to start the ground work. Hope you have a great stay up here .

Regards,
Aniruthan
Aniruthan is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks