Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2015, 17:18   #1

Excited to join the team!

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen! (Not sure how many ladies or on this forum but I am guessing there must be a few).

This is my first post as a new member and so would like to take this opportunity to congratulate the admins and members of Team BHP for maintaining the content of this forum at such an exceptional standard. I have been following Team-BHP for a while now and the knowledge I gathered from the very informative posts on car reviews and personal automotive experiences have greatly influenced my recent car purchases.

I am from Hyderabad and have spent most of my testosterone driven life in Australia. I was a massive fan of the American/Australian muscle cars particularly the Mustang Fast-backs, Chargers, Falcons etc. Having owned some good Aussie cars like the Ford XD V8, XR6 and an HSV Clubsport, I was spoilt with the awesome bang for your buck from the cars available in Australia. They were all RWD with loads of power and torque and most importantly were quite reliable and could easily seat 5 adults. The Clubbie especially was brutal as I modified her with upgraded headers, cams and intake and it used to put out around 240 KW which I guess in imperial terms is around 320 hp at the rear wheels.

For a brief period I jumped the fence to see what all the hype was about the turbocharged Skylines and so ended up buying an R32 GTS-T and OH YES! The hype was real! You have to drive it to believe the stuck to the seat acceleration. Sadly she was not the most reliable machine and had to part with her after a very brief but memorable romance.

For the past few years I have been in India establishing my business locally so it was big change for me coming from the affordable thumping big petrol V8’s to the 2 litre, 4 pot diesels. Going by the reviews on this forum I have bought a Chevy Cruze which was an absolute blast and then moved onto the Mitsubishi Outlander 2.4 AT which is a perfect all-rounder and suits me well as a great family vehicle. For the occasional thrills I take my Ninja 650 on a late Sunday afternoon cruise when the traffic is thin and I can enjoy the superb power and torque of the Green Monster.

So there you go, that’s been a short summary of my automotive journey and looking forward to sharing more of my experiences with the team in the coming days.

Have a great weekend everyone!
varmax is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 22:25   #2
BHPian

re: Excited to join the team!

Hearty welcome to TBHP,varmax.Good to read your introductory post.
Your knowledge on race cars etc will be a welcome addition by way of useful posts.
Thanks and welcome again
virgopal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2015, 10:01   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Excited to join the team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by varmax View Post
The Clubbie especially was brutal as I modified her with upgraded headers, cams and intake and it used to put out around 240 KW which I guess in imperial terms is around 320 hp at the rear wheels.
Quote:
For a brief period I jumped the fence to see what all the hype was about the turbocharged Skylines and so ended up buying an R32 GTS-T and OH YES! The hype was real! You have to drive it to believe the stuck to the seat acceleration.
You think you can come here and mention driving / owning some crazy cars and we will let you go away without asking you more questions? You're wrong! Pictures, report, anything

Quote:
Going by the reviews on this forum I have bought a Chevy Cruze which was an absolute blast and then moved onto the Mitsubishi Outlander 2.4 AT which is a perfect all-rounder and suits me well as a great family vehicle.
I love the Outlander. Till date when I see one on road, my head turns. Have been driven around in it once and there was just something about it which made me fall in love with it (similarly with the Ford Mondeo). Great choice of cars you have there!

Ohh and before I forget, welcome aboard.
S2!!! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2015, 13:24   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
You think you can come here and mention driving / owning some crazy cars and we will let you go away without asking you more questions? You're wrong! Pictures, report, anything
Thanks S2! Will surely write up the experiences with my past loves. Here are some pics of my recent rides in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
I love the Outlander. Till date when I see one on road, my head turns. Have been driven around in it once and there was just something about it which made me fall in love with it (similarly with the Ford Mondeo). Great choice of cars you have there!
I agree, the Outlander is a great vehicle which is way too undervalued in India. Oh! Did I tell you that the Rockford Fosgate sound system in the Outie is out of the world.
Attached Thumbnails
Excited to join the team!-outlander.jpg  

Excited to join the team!-cruze.jpg  

Excited to join the team!-ninja-650.jpg  

varmax is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2015, 13:44   #5
Team-BHP Support

Black cars & green bikes

Why the shift from Cruz to Outlander? Not much into ICE, hence heard about Rockford Fosgate when Outlander was launched, has 7 speakers, right?

Wish it made a comeback & in diesel as well. An ownership report of both of your rides will be a treat for us. Do consider.

And, welcome :-)
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2015, 17:28   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Black cars & green bikes
Wish the Ninja came in black but I am glad they launched the 650 in green at least.

Quote:
Why the shift from Cruz to Outlander? Not much into ICE, hence heard about Rockford Fosgate when Outlander was launched, has 7 speakers, right?
It has a 9 speaker system i.e. 8 speakers and a sub. If I remember correctly, the sound system was probably what attracted me to the Outie over the other premium SUV's. I wanted to move to an SUV as I am 6'2" and we had a baby on the way so thought an SUV makes more sense comfort wise. The Cruze is like a hammer, it does one thing perfectly whereas the Outie is more like duct tape it has multiple talents and I think other than the weak CVT the rest of the car is perfect.

Quote:
Wish it made a comeback & in diesel as well. An ownership report of both of your rides will be a treat for us. Do consider.
And, welcome :-)
Sure will do as soon I get some free time. Thanks for the warm welcome and Oh! I heard they are launching the new diesel Outlander in 2017 or something like that. Not a big fan of the new look though.
varmax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2015, 19:28   #7
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the forum Varmax. Kindly read the board rules when you can. Looking forward to seeing many informative posts from you. Keep Revving.

Last edited by noopster : 24th November 2015 at 22:51. Reason: Typo
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks