Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2015, 22:57   #1
BHPian

Hello everyone

Hello team-bhp,

I would like to start by wishing everyone a very happy Diwali.

I am Srinivas and am currently located in Bangalore. I am an electronics engineer by qualification. My interests lie in engineering/technology, music, photography and cars. My first vehicle was a Hero Puch Automatic (1997) and I used this to ferry myself to coaching classes during the wee hours. Almost a decade and half later, I bought my next vehicle TVS Wego (2010). I still use the Wego for the office drives.

In the summer of 2010, for the first time I drove a car, a VW Jetta (2010 LHD) in the US. The car immediately earned my respect for its superb design and I decided a VW for my first car. I returned to India and looked for guidance in the then available auto forums. VW was just entering India during 2010-2011 and team-bhp was quite helpful in making my decision. The Polo 1.2 HL that I bought then performs quite well even now.

Fast forward to 2015, my second car is also a Polo albeit the mod friendly GT TSI variant. I am expecting to get my hands dirty with the car (and of course with a big hole in the pocket) after reading through the DIY threads on the forum.

I look forward to a fruitful association with the team-bhp community.

-Srinivas
srinivasnvns is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th November 2015, 10:39   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hello everyone

Welcome aboard 'nivas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivasnvns View Post
In the summer of 2010, for the first time I drove a car, a VW Jetta (2010 LHD) in the US.
Nice! The fifth gen. Jetta was built like a tank - I've had a chance to briefly test drive one and left me quite impressed. While the current generation models have underwent some major chisel-work with less of rounded edges, I feel the build quality has gone down by a couple of notches.

The Polo is an absolutely mod-friendly hatchback. A whole lot of parts are just plug-n-play and some others require some extra harnesses and connections but that's about it. There's a whole lot of information scattered around the internet if you are into DIYs. And I've documented a few here as well - do have a look when you find some spare time.

Hope to bump into you on a discussion thread soon!

PS: Do have a quick glance through our board rules if you haven't done it yet!
Old 17th November 2015, 22:27   #3
BHPian

Re: Hello everyone

Thank you for your kind words Gannu_1.

Yes, the Jetta is the best car I have seen so far.

I have been following threads by you and frankmehta for quite some time now. I am planning to start a few myself after I muster enough courage to do the mods and most importantly get a nod from my wife!

-Srinivas
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks