Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2015, 12:23   #1
BHPian

Hello Everyone - Finally I am in!

Folks, I am basically a petrol head who loves to run around in a diesel, that’s how I can define myself in one line.

But firstly thanks to the Mods for letting me in, After 5 years and 3 attempts ,I am finally a part of TBHP, really appreciate it!

I am fascinated by automobiles and Team-bhp is the best automotive forum in the country, totally unbiased, not affiliated to any car manufacturer, and strictly for true enthusiasts.

And like many others in this prestigious forum, I strongly promote and prefer safe riding and features like seat belt, ABS, airbags rather than rear AC vents, touchscreen ICE, DRLs ,AutoFoldable ORVMs and Push button starts! These days, folks from my office/family consults me before any car buying decision (thanks to bit of knowledge gained from you guys) – and I try to educate people with these safety aspects. Not always successful though;-)

Well to introduce myself formally, I am Arnab, again an IT professional from Kolkata. Being a mechanical engineer originally, my fascination for automobiles started from college days itself. And like many others in this forum, my day starts by reading TBHP site (which is my home page of course) before taking up the newspaper.

First heard of TBHP during 2006 sometime when I used to live in the UK. One of my friends dragged me in a buying decision for his family car in India and I spent lot of time researching in forums whether to go for Chevvy Optra or Skoda Octavia. Got hooked into TBHP since that time.

Currently I run a Figo TDCi ZXi 2011 Sep model. My daily run is about 110 kms therefore I already crossed 1.15L kms in 4 years. TBHP helped in a very big way choosing this car and I am so grateful for that. Absolutely in love with this car and naturally I was instrumental in many Figo buying decisions around me later on(including some TBHP-ians). Ride, Handling, interior and Boot Space, ICE with BT and lastly hydraulic PS is just too good in my car and I am not in mood to part with it soon. May be after 1.5L kms, I will think about it

Recent addition to our family of cars is a Tata Zest 1.2 Revotron XM, my dad bought it replacing our 5 yr old Chevvy-UVA. Zest is fun to drive as well, specially when put into Sports-mode, its overall a very nice car from Tata stable.

That’s about me, wont bore you guys anymore. Looking forward to continue to learn from this knowledgeable forum and contribute as per my limited capabilities...
dieselOmaniac is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th October 2015, 15:30   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hello Everyone - Finally I am in!

Welcome Arnab!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselOmaniac View Post
Team-bhp is the best automotive forum in the country, totally unbiased, not affiliated to any car manufacturer, and strictly for true enthusiasts.
That's how we were in 2004....that's how we are in 2015.

Quote:
I spent lot of time researching in forums whether to go for Chevvy Optra or Skoda Octavia
Hope the Octavia was chosen.

Quote:
Recent addition to our family of cars is a Tata Zest 1.2 Revotron XM
We just picked up a Bolt Revotron today for my best friend's Dad. Nice ride.

See you around the forums.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2015, 19:36   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome DieselOmaniac!

Earlier for mini Team Bhp meets i had to at-least drive few kilometers and now it can done from my house balcony! Before others think i have gone mad let me clarify Arnab Da aka DieselOmaniac is our neighbor since a long time! A friendly neighbor feels good but a Bhpian neighbor feels special!

Last edited by Samba : 10th October 2015 at 19:39.
Samba is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th October 2015, 16:01   #4
BHPian

Welcome on board Mr. Arnab !!

I am taking this opportunity (as you introduce yourself) to introduce your Car to the fellow BHPians in this introduction thread of yours. Sharing a picture and hope you would not mind it :
Hello Everyone - Finally I am in!-_mg_0027.jpg

Just for everyone's information, Arnab has clocked around 1,17,000+ Kms on his Ford Figo in a span of 5 years or so if I am not mistaken.

I happened to meet him on the 11th of October 2015 at the Azaad Hind Dhaba located on NH-2, Gopalpur, West Bengal. A very humble person and let's his car do the talking with the kilometers he clocks on it.

Once again, welcoming you to the Team BHP Family and hope to see your posts around in the Forum.
Old 13th October 2015, 21:23   #5
Team-BHP Support

Welcome

Figo is a lovely car. That pure hydraulic unit was a joy, had driven it for ~47 months.

Please contribute via ownership threads & travelogues. I think, its a way of saying thanks to the ones who have contributed.

See you around
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 00:09   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Welcome Arnab!
Thanks GTO. Its an honour to get my first comment from none other than you. Being an ardent follower of your posts since long long time!

Quote:
Hope the Octavia was chosen.
Unfortunately Optra was chosen that time Mostly due to the fear of non availability of service from Skoda.

Quote:
We just picked up a Bolt Revotron today for my best friend's Dad. Nice ride.
Absolutely. More than happy to know that you also liked it. IMO, it has the best cabin space among the CS. Harman ICE is the icing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Welcome DieselOmaniac!

Earlier for mini Team Bhp meets i had to at-least drive few kilometers and now it can done from my house balcony! Before others think i have gone mad let me clarify Arnab Da aka DieselOmaniac is our neighbor since a long time! A friendly neighbor feels good but a Bhpian neighbor feels special!
Thanks a lot Samba for welcoming me. We can continue our on-field discussions in TBHP now, thats a pleasure for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-got-BHP View Post
Welcome on board Mr. Arnab !!

I am taking this opportunity (as you introduce yourself) to introduce your Car to the fellow BHPians in this introduction thread of yours. Sharing a picture and hope you would not mind it :
Thanks so much Arav for sharing such nice picture of my car, definitely I wont mind It was really nice meeting you personally this 11th Oct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-got-BHP View Post
Just for everyone's information, Arnab has clocked around 1,17,000+ Kms on his Ford Figo in a span of 5 years or so if I am not mistaken.
Thanks for such warm introduction of mine. To be precise - I have just completed 4 years last month. By end of 5th year, I should be crossing 1.5Lkms for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Welcome

Figo is a lovely car. That pure hydraulic unit was a joy, had driven it for ~47 months.

Please contribute via ownership threads & travelogues. I think, its a way of saying thanks to the ones who have contributed.

See you around
Thanks so much Sheel. Figo has many premium qualities and the pure hydraulic PS is really a pleasure. And yes - I wish to put a long-term ownership review after I touch 1.2L kms - hopefully by November end.
dieselOmaniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks